Showtime, suggestions for self-bondage session & photosh

Post your dares or request a dare here.
bdbgum

Showtime, suggestions for self-bondage session & photosh

Post by bdbgum »

Hello everyone, nice to meet you!

I'm a beginner when it comes to bondage, and an avid photographer. Lately, I am trying to combine both, although this is not easy as you can imagine :)

Unfortunately, my family cannot not know of my 'hobby'. It is very rare for me to have complete privacy, but I will this monday :)

I'm thinking out some scenarios, but I would appreciate the input from this (very creative, I must say) forum too.

That is to say, if you have tried, or can suggest some scenarios I could try out on that day.

I am limited in a number of things: bondage gear, camera equipment and -of course- time (a little less than a full day :) ).

A first problem is that for most self-bondage situations, I need my camera's self-timer. Unfortunately once it has taken the picture it switches back to 'normal' mode, so mostly I have to unfasten myself, enter the settings and quickly get back into the bondage. This is the first thing I'm going to look at when buying a new camera 8)

As for material, I have got two pair of handcuffs (unfortunately no ankle cuffs yet), 5 pieces of rope (4 with iron 'clasps' at the end, 1 'broad' and smooth rope), about 4 leather belts I can use, a collar-wrist combo (wrists on back, bought on a whim since I do not know yet how to close them effectively for self-bondage, although I am sure this is possible), large&small butt plug, 'male vibrator' toy (not sure how else to call it), nipple clamps and a whole lot of clothespins (about 30-40).

Places I will do the bondage&shoot:

- small bed chamber with bed and desk, not a lot of possibilities for attaching ropes etc.
- stables; including an area where 2 iron poles are set in the floor at about 3-4 meters apart; windows with iron bars, ideal for attaching stuff :)

- couch and small coffee table - not a lot of possibilities for attaching ropes etc.

- rectangular kitchen table - possibilities for attaching ropes etc: table legs, two wooden support beams near the roof

- shower: minimal possibilities for attaching stuff: radiator, top frame of shower, shower head...

I am going to check out some of your nice scenarios, but if anyone has suggestions for a scenario or general tips, , they are very welcome!

Darkelve
bdbgum

Post by bdbgum »

Okay, I worked it out a bit further by now.

Scenario A: Bed

Method: Hogtie
The traditional hogtie, wrists bound behind back, ankles bound, connection rope between the two.

First I will make a couple of pictures when I am not yet in bondage (I will call this pre-bondage), then after activating the timer for the last picture, I will get into actual self-bondage.
- Release mechanism: cell phone release
- Backup release: the 'yuckie-drink' release... (un)fortunately I detest a certain kind of food, so much that I would never eat/drink it except under dire circumstances
- Failsafe release: by crawling to another room where a key is on the floor

Scenario B: Kitchen table

Method: Spread-eagle

Thighs and ankles chained to table legs, belly flat on the table, arms stretches forward (straight or spread to the side). Additional stimulation: butt plug held in place.

Release mechanisme: cell phone release - failsafe release: yuckie-drink release

For the photos, first is are a couple of shots from the back ('shot from the ass and beyond'), two side views, with the key hidden out of view (pre-bondage). After the timer for the last picture starts to run, I will quickly get into and start the self-bondage.

Scenario C. Shower

Method: kneeling, hands tied above the head

Sitting on the knees, back to the wall. Wrists cuffed above the head, connected with rope to a ring high in the wall. Ankles are tied and attached to a waist belt with a rope, in order to prevent standing up. Additional stimulation: butt plug held in place, rice+tape torture on the knees, clamps on nipples and lots of clothespins on the body.

Release mechanism: cell phone release
Backup release: clock release
Failsafe release: yuckie-drink release

Scenario D. Cage

Following the scenario at http://www.boundanna.com/html/en_scen_cagedwaiting.html
Additional stimulation: butt plug held in place, nipple clamps
Release mechanism: cell phone release
Backup release: clock release
Failsafe release: yuckie-drink release

For the pictures (this one is toughest since camera is outside of cage!), first I will take a couple with the key hidden in hand (pre-bondage)
After using camera's timer for the last shot, quickly get into the cage and into bondage.

I would also like to try: 'the bar' ( http://www.boundanna.com/gallery/gallery001/thebar.html ), but I will see if I have all the necessary equipment.
bdbgum

Post by bdbgum »

Well, as it turned out something spoiled the party :x and I only had the chance to do a very limited shoot...

But I'm surprised there are no comments... did I ignore netiquette somewhere or... ??
cdinbonds

Post by cdinbonds »

No, you did not violate any netiquette rules. Not sure why no one commented. Perhaps there aren't enough photographers among us. I have done some self-bondage photos, and it is not easy, unless your camera has a remote. I use a video cam with a remote, and take snapshots that are saved to an SD card. I wish the cam had the capability to record snaps to the card at the same time as video was being shot. My regular digital cam does not have a remote, so it is not easy to get shots with it. I have a 35mm with remote, but I haven't tried to use it for self bondage shots. If I remember right, it shuts down pretty quickly if not in constant use. With the vidcam, I can also control the zoom, so can get "closeup" shots as well as wider angle, without having to be released. The 35mm will only release the shutter. The remote does show up in some of the shots, but who cares? Ideally, 2 or 3 cameras at different angles would result in the best shoot.
There's a fine line between cuddling and holding someone down so they can't get away.
The beatings will continue until morale improves.
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons - for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.
cdinbonds

Post by cdinbonds »

oh yeah, I forgot. Some people really don't want to see themselves in bondage, or may consider it too risky to have photos of themselves in bondage, crossdressed, or whatever, that may be discovered. That may be why there is less discussion than we might expect.
There's a fine line between cuddling and holding someone down so they can't get away.
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons - for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.
kate

Post by kate »

I take photos whilst i'm in bondage, but the only option i have is timed. e.g. my camera will take a photo in regular intervals (1 min, 5 min, ten mins, etc) Which works quite well, so i have a photo bondage diary which is much easier to maintain than writing my exploits :)

The situations sounded quite good, i was just waiting for your results before commenting :) shame you got interupted
cdinbonds

Post by cdinbonds »

Kate-
What kind of camera are you using? That timed interval system would be great! I checked my digital camera manual, and the best I could do with it is 10 shots, 10 seconds apart, not nearly good enough. I'd love to have one can do say, a shot every minute for at least an hour.
kate

Post by kate »

i couldn't find it on my slr camera either...its actually on the nokia n95, which is a phone, but before you laugh has a 5mega pixel camera. Its a little funny when it shuts itself off so if the interval is for a while it has to be plugged in, but seems to work well as long as there is movement between shots, and easy enough to put in a micro sd card and have many shots clicking away.
bdbgum

Post by bdbgum »

On digital camera's, this feature is often called "Interval Timer". This function is relatively rare, but if you specifically look for it, you should be able to find digital camera's that have this function, most notably in the Nikon Coolpix S-series and Canon Powershot G-series.

Also on some of the more advanced (but much more expensive) digital SLR camera's such as the Nikon D200, you can use a remote control, some of those have a timer if I recall correctly. And with some you can even control this from a computer.

That said, a simple but sufficiently configurable 'interval timer' system would be ideal for most purposes. As for megapixels, everything from 5 effective megapixels or more should be able to make detailed enough pictures. At least as important for the overall quality is the quality of the pixels (cannot easily go wrong with Canon, Nikon, Sony) and the quality of the lens.
SubPetNC

Post by SubPetNC »

I have an Intel webcam that will take a picture in intervals that I can determine. Problem is thta it's onlt 640x480.
skl_stummelchen

Post by skl_stummelchen »

another Digital Camera having a Timer Interval is the QV-7000SX from Casio, it's an old model so there might be less chance to get one, I just found a second on eBay after the old one didn't work anymore and I wasn't able to find any other camera including this feature.
bdbgum

Post by bdbgum »

If you're thinking of getting such a camera, just go to your local camera centers, I'd say Canon, Nikon and Sony (although I think Sony does not have as many models but I may be wrong).

Ask them which camera's (in your budget) have Interval Timer Shooting. Also like I said everything from 5.1 effective megapixels and up should be fine quality-wise. Next, make a shortlist and check the websites (dpreview.com for example or TrustedReviews) for further information, especially quality (you want good pictures) and ease of use.

Remember also, that in some situations when you are bound&tied, even with the Interval Timer, the camera will only take pictures from the same position and angle.

For even more fun, you might be able to mount the camera onto some kind of rail with a motor, although that could be expensive (no idea really). That way, you get pictures of various sides and/or angles.

Lastly, putting the camera on the edge of a surface, combined with your struggling, might make the camera fall... oops.

And remember: good pictures of yourself in bondage are neat, but safety (YOUR safety) should always be the primary concern.
Cindy123

Post by Cindy123 »

I have a few videos of me in bondage but my camera only takes one picture at a time :cry:
My SO took some pictures of me in bondage but for self-bondage its hard unless you have that specal camera.
Sin 8)
If your not playing on the edge, your taking up to much space...............................
Play safe and have fun...Now Where did I put that damn Key!!!!! ;-)
CINDY123@BAK.RR.COM
bdbgum

Post by bdbgum »

Well, if you have somebody you trust make those pictures, that is the most convenient way, of course. Still, doing everything yourself has its charm too... the art lies in the challenge, and the fact that you both inventor and actor for everything. :)
Cindy123 wrote:I have a few videos of me in bondage but my camera only takes one picture at a time :cry:
My SO took some pictures of me in bondage but for self-bondage its hard unless you have that specal camera.
Sin 8)
tyerrup

Self-bondage Photography

Post by tyerrup »

Hi,

Since i have been tying myself up for almost 25 years now, and taking pictures for even longer, i have, over the years had different methods for getting pictures/images of myself in bondage.

My methods in no particular order:
1. Put self in "mobile" bondage such as ankles cuffed and wrists cuffed behind back, but not attached to anything. Then use a camera with a self-timer.
2. Use my Canon Sure-Shot Zoom XL 35MM camera that actually has a detachable, infrared remote shutter release. This was back in the days before digital cameras even existed. I still have the camera stored away somewhere. This works well, the only problem is that you have to have the film developed to see if the picture even came out right.

3. Digital Camera with longer than normal self-timer-My current camera only has a 3 second or 10 second delay for the self-timer, so i use this for "mobile bondage" pics. But there must be a digital camera out there with a longer self-timer.

4. Probably the most expensive option as far as starting from scratch-Video yourself and then transfer the video to your computer and "capture" still pics from the video. Not sure about the quality with the newfangled digital vidcams but with analog vidcams, the quality is akin to a cell phone picture.

5. Use a web-cam and either the software that comes with it (My logitech lets you set the delay before taking a picture at up to 99 seconds) or use 3rd party software which allows you to take pics at regular intervals.
Only problems are that the quality isn't the best and you must be tied-up within a few feet of your computer or move your computer to where you will be tied-up. Which might work if you have a laptop.

6. Rig up some weird remote cable release for the button on your digital camera-There was a page on the internet i saw a while back that showed how to make this out of modeling clay.

7. Talk your ex-girlfriend into coming over and taking your picture. So far, this is my favorite method. Also the one that results in the highest quality pictures. :)

But the best way to photograph yourself in bondage is to find a digital camera that has a detachable remote control. Video cameras have had them for years(i know because my old 8mm vidcam has one and it is about 10 years old) and there must be digital still cameras out there that have them.

Anyway, just my .02