Ratio of Men to Women

This is the place where you can share your thoughts on selfbondage with like minded people.

What gender are you

Male
83%
Female
10%
Trans-Gender
7%

Total votes: 132

curious_sb
Retired Moderator

Ratio of Men to Women

Post by curious_sb »

Just interested to see how many men are into self bondage compared to women.

PS Note added transgender for political correctness.
cdinbonds

Post by cdinbonds »

Not trying to nit-pick, because I am also curious about this, but most likely what we will learn is how many men versus women are willing to answer polls like this.
We will have to assume that since they have answered the poll on this forum, they are into selfbondage. :lol:
Hope you get a good response.
curious_sb
Retired Moderator

Post by curious_sb »

No not at all, don't worry about it. Cheers for the support btw.

PS For those of you that dont want to take part in the poll its a simple male or female (or transgender) vote. Dont have to post anything if ur shy. Would appreciate if I can get a feel for the true ratio out there.

cdinbonds I think you may be right it might end up being a "which sex is the most likely to vote" poll, in which case it was a waste of time. I hope I am proven wrong.
cdinbonds

Post by cdinbonds »

I hope everyone will take the poll. I sometimes wonder if people are afraid to respond because they somehow think some personal information will be given away if they respond. The polls don't collect anything except the answer they give, as far as I know.
curious_sb
Retired Moderator

Post by curious_sb »

That right any information collected is given freely
TormentedOne

Post by TormentedOne »

Its a pretty sure thing its going to be mostly men imo :P
curious_sb
Retired Moderator

Post by curious_sb »

Well thats shocked me.

I mean as far as meeting other people I am fairly new to the scene and I always thought selfbondage was a feminine thing.

Looks reassuringly not so...

Lets hope a few more people vote.

Cheers to everyone who is taking part.
anna
Site Admin

Post by anna »

About 80 - 90% of the correspondence I receive are from males. It seams that girls are a bit shyer and do not want anyone to know about their secret games even if it is anonymously.
Last edited by anna on 24 Apr 2007, 16:10, edited 1 time in total.
curious_sb
Retired Moderator

Post by curious_sb »

Congratulations to everyone that voted so far.

Please can I just say - without sounding too sexist here - that I expected a lot different results :shock: I thought maybe selfbondage communities like this would be like a weight-watchers class (and I am not ashamed to admit that I have been to weightwatchers before) - you know like I am one of only about two blokes that turn up to class out of 20 and the rest are all women, and well what else can I say...

How WRONG was I?? Who else is surprised at the results so far?

:wink:

Please keep voting!!!

Many thanks for all your support in the poll, and the comments really helped too.[/i]
Curious_SB
Retired Forum Moderator
LoRee
Retired Moderator

Post by LoRee »

I believe Anna is right, guys are far more likely to be extravert's on things like this than women. If in a women's only forum you would likely get more women admit to things like indulging into self bondage. Like wise most TG's won't admit to the practice. :P
"I find it far more annoying when the universe makes me work for damnation. I prefer it just gave it to me and save me the effort"
curious_sb
Retired Moderator

Post by curious_sb »

Yes, maybe I was born in the wrong era to understand the psychology behind lack of responsiveness on the net with either sex.

What I am saying is I was born in the generation that was brought up on computers, I am happy working with the internet as many older folk are with a pen and paper. I have lived under so many different pseudonyms on so many websites I sometimes forget who I really am or wonder if I am a secret agent in cyberspace, or am I?

What I mean is that I am confident of my identity's security so I am happy to divulge information that I would never be able to tell close friends and family, probably also because I would have to look them in the eye everyday and see their distaste, but as this is a dedicated community to the hobby, sport or fetish, whatever you will I am comfortable here.

Anyway I deviated for a second there, going back to identity, none of you know who I REALLY am, not even Anna does. Not being funny, of course you all know my thoughts and feelings on selfbondage and what a nice personality I have :D but you dont know my real name, where I live (somewhere in UK is not specific enough to catch anyone out, although I notice some of you put city as well, but even that is too vague for joe blow to follow up on), you dont know my address, banking codes, telephone numbers, and you cant actually contact me in any way other than through PM on this site or a through a pseudo-account I set up on hotmail.co.uk, and frankly I languish in the comfort of anonymity, so whats the harm in telling us small nugget about you like your gender?

Its not much, really, and dont be frightened by all this internet, its not all scary stuff and hackers.

Sorry if that sounded like a rant, it was just me getting stuff off my chest, and of course theres no pressure at all, I respect all individuals wishes to post as much or little about themselves as they wish.

My only advice is that there ARE a few weirdo's and murderers out there and I reccommend never to post information in a public forum such as your firstname AND surname together, address or telephone number. Unless of course you hit it off with someone, in which case share that info ONLY with your intended recipient and ALWAYS meet in a public place... with pepper spray just in case - last bit was added as a joke but not actually a bad idea anyway!
Curious_SB
Retired Forum Moderator
sexyashley

Post by sexyashley »

I love self bondage and I am not shy about it at all. I have also gone for very long and heavy scenarios that some men might not dare to go. The longest time i have EVER spent in bondage was 21 days! Maybe you've read my storys on Anna's website.
Quantes

Post by Quantes »

Female.
curious_sb
Retired Moderator

Post by curious_sb »

sexyashley wrote: The longest time i have EVER spent in bondage was 21 days!
Is that story availiable?? I am intrigued......
Curious_SB
Retired Forum Moderator
curious_sb
Retired Moderator

Post by curious_sb »

WOW this poll is really something, I mean, its like one of those experiments that the scientists already think they know the answer but they run the tests and it comes out totally the opposite and surprises the boffins completely.

85% Male, wow, that really was a shock, I mean, I thought we were the minority here......

I know this is slighly misleading, because not everyone has voted.
Please vote if you havent already, this is absolutely fascinating.
Curious_SB
Retired Forum Moderator