THE EARTH IS FLAT......according to google maps

Crazy news, jokes, humour and more or less funny things.
Veronica

Re: THE EARTH IS FLAT......according to google maps

Post by Veronica »

Love you guys!
ponylady wrote:
Veronica_E_L wrote:oh i see. a south facing wall means when you're standing inside, looking out the window in that wall, you're facing south. that's where the confusion is. the house could be any size as long as the north pole is anywhere inside the house, they'd all be facing south.
nope, because only on the exact spot of the northpole south expands in all 4 directions, once i move just the smallest amount
of an electrons diameter of the pole the other 3 directions "come into existence" again. if the wall isn't directly on the northpole
it can face east- & westward, though i'll admit it is a very southsouthwest direction.

I understand the geometry of my error now! the longer the wall is the more SW or SE it is facing the further from the single direct S point of the wall you go. so the problem is that i said 4 walls, it would have to be just one, a round one :D

<3
Veronica

Post by Veronica »

and... i just realized this whole thing is impossible, once you factor in geographic north and magnetic north aren't in the same place.
bound_jenny

Post by bound_jenny »

Veronica_E_L wrote:and... i just realized this whole thing is impossible, once you factor in geographic north and magnetic north aren't in the same place.
If you put it on the magnetic north pole, you'd better have a mobile home. Amphibious, preferably, because the magnetic north pole wanders around quite a bit and will have a mind to cross water every once in a while. And keep your passport and visas in order, because your house might end up in Russia soon.

And you can't build a house at the north pole anyway - Santa Claus is already set up there. Unless you want to pick up reindeer poop. :mrgreen:

Jenny.
Helplessness is a doorway to the innermost reaches of the soul.
If my corset isn't tight, it just isn't right!
Kink is the spice of life!
Come to the Dark Side - we have cookies!
Blacky

Post by Blacky »

- Does reindeer poop have eefect on the crystalline structure of Ice XVII?
- Does Santa have any option other than going south?
- If not, how does he manage to get to both America and Europe? Is it just the earths rotation?
- Does that explain the different dates Christmas has in different nations?

Questions... Oh sooo many questions trouble my mind now.... :? :?:
If the doors of perception were cleansed everything would appear to man as it is, infinite. (W. Blake)
bound_jenny

Post by bound_jenny »

Reindeer poop is easier to pick up when frozen. I don't know what kind of crystalline structure it has, but I do know that it's best to wait several minutes after it stops steaming.

Santa can only go south from his home base at the north pole. After that, he can go anywhere he wants. NORAD can inform you to his precise route.

He could exploit Earth's rotation in the same way as some of our Earth-observation satellites use it - it's called a sun-synchronous orbit. With the correct tilt - nearly polar - and orbital period, the satellite will successively overfly different parts of the Earth at exactly the same local time every day. That's one way to get identical sun angles on the landscape when imaging the Earth's surface. This lady is not just gaga for corsets, she's also a geek in astronomy and space stuff.

Christmas comes later in some parts of the world because they forgot to fix the calendar back in October 1582. Apparently they didn't get the memo from Gregory XIII.

Jenny.
Dark_Lizerd

Post by Dark_Lizerd »

It is posible to go the others compass directions at the North Pole...
It is just a little bit different...
Walk away from the pole, any diection, and you go South.
Walk toward the pole, and you are going North.
But...
If you walk clockwise around the pole, you are moving West.
If you go counter-clockwise, you are going East.
All advice is checked, re-checked and verified to be questionable...
Don't ask, we both wont understand the answer...
http://www.mediafire.com/download/09dtr ... e_V2_2.exe Not just for nubies any more...
ponylady

Post by ponylady »

i really wonder if the people @ google have noticed this thread & what they think about it.
:shock: :shock: 8) :idea: :?: :mrgreen:

bound_jenny wrote:Reindeer poop is easier to pick up when frozen. I don't know what kind of crystalline structure it has, but I do know that it's best to wait several minutes after it stops steaming.
...do not tempt me.
:whip: :whip:

bound_jenny wrote: This lady is not just gaga for corsets, she's also a geek in astronomy and space stuff.
you're not the only one.

maybe we should derail this thread further & start a discussion about the tidal lock mercury is in with regards to the sun ?
*though "captured rotation", the alternative term, would fit even better to this forum. tidal lock theoretically belongs in
the chastity forum.*
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :roll:
bound_jenny wrote: Santa can only go south from his home base at the north pole. After that, he can go anywhere he wants. NORAD can inform you to his precise route. ...............

......Christmas comes later in some parts of the world because they forgot to fix the calendar back in October 1582. Apparently they didn't get the memo from Gregory XIII.
x-mas comes later in some parts of the world, because santa can't deliver presents to all kinds on the globe in one night.
the acceleration necessary would make him a smear on the sleds windshield.
that's why gregory deliberately delayed sending out some of those memos.
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
[
bound_jenny

Post by bound_jenny »

ponylady wrote:the acceleration necessary would make him a smear on the sleds windshield.
Santa's sled has inertial dampers. He stole them off a flying saucer while I distracted the aliens. The result is the 1947 crash in Roswell. :mrgreen:
ponylady wrote:...do not tempt me.
:whip: :whip:
You know anything about crystallized reindeer poop? :shock:

Jenny.

Edit: if you turn up the power really high on the inertial damper, you can immobilize someone. :twisted:
Zefiro

Post by Zefiro »

Blacky wrote:- If not, how does [Santa] manage to get to both America and Europe?
"Every year, journalists come and ask again from where I'm taking all this energy to get presents to all the children in the world in just one night, or how I pay for them, and why, despite the climate change, the ice around here isn't melting. And you know what? Nobody wants to hear the answer."

*purrrr*
bound_jenny

Post by bound_jenny »

I know where he gets the energy for all that!!!! :hi:

Reindeer poop. And it's bio-fuel! :rofl:

Jenny.
Kinbaku

Post by Kinbaku »

Veronica wrote:
ponylady wrote:
Veronica_E_L wrote:oh i see. a south facing wall means when you're standing inside, looking out the window in that wall, you're facing south. that's where the confusion is. the house could be any size as long as the north pole is anywhere inside the house, they'd all be facing south.
nope, because only on the exact spot of the northpole south expands in all 4 directions, once i move just the smallest amount
of an electrons diameter of the pole the other 3 directions "come into existence" again. if the wall isn't directly on the northpole
it can face east- & westward, though i'll admit it is a very southsouthwest direction.
I understand the geometry of my error now! the longer the wall is the more SW or SE it is facing the further from the single direct S point of the wall you go. so the problem is that i said 4 walls, it would have to be just one, a round one :D
Excuse me for picking up a very old message, but I couldn't help thinking OUT of the box: When you are exactly at the North Pole, the walls are always south, also OUTSIDE the house. :D