Freak or Normal, a conundrum.

This is the place where you can share your thoughts on selfbondage with like minded people.
curious_sb
Retired Moderator

Freak or Normal, a conundrum.

Post by curious_sb »

This post is inspired by the name of the latest member, FREAK.

Now, I am of the beleive that I am perfectly normal. I just like a bit of solo kink, is that wrong? Does it make me a freak? Ok maybe but...

Heres where it gets mental....

Ok so lets say I AM a freak, a wierdo, not normal, somehow twisted by society into some kink loving animal willing to break all the taboos for taboo sake? (yeah ok dont answer that lol)

That means that because I AM, it must mean that you (sorry FREAK not you personally but ALL YOU reading this post now) must also share the same attributes.

Yet, as we come together as one community FULL of kink loving bondage solo "artistes", we never call one another FREAKS, do we? We are all here for the same purposes, to discuss and share our hopes and dreams, experiences and fantasies about, lets face it, bondage and self gratification.

So what exactly IS normal?

Normal is normal in the context in which it is put.

What I am trying to say is that yes ok, maybe outside this forum, maybe we do seem a "bit odd" to the rest of the world, but here, to me, Anna, MisQui, and Loree, YOU are not a freak, and we would have words with any man woman or beast that said otherwise.

Here you will always be welcome to talk about your kink, discuss your ideas, scenarios and fantasies.

Here you are part of our family, our gang, or community.

HERE - WE LOVE YOU JUST THE WAY YOU ARE

Ok Im know I'm slighly drunk but you know deep down what Im saying makes sense, dont put yourselves down.
Curious_SB
Retired Forum Moderator
misQui
Retired Moderator

Re: Freak or Normal, a conundrum.

Post by misQui »

curious_sb wrote:Normal is normal in the context in which it is put.
Nail... on head... hit.
Quantes

Post by Quantes »

Nobody is normal, everybody is special, or a freak, just how you want to say, is his of her way.
jake

Post by jake »

I AM NORMAL AND EVERYBODY ELSE IS STRANGE
Cindy123

Post by Cindy123 »

If we were all that normal, we would be robots. and robots dont do good Bondage :lol:
Sin 8)
Last edited by Cindy123 on 19 Apr 2007, 22:51, edited 1 time in total.
If your not playing on the edge, your taking up to much space...............................
Play safe and have fun...Now Where did I put that damn Key!!!!! ;-)
CINDY123@BAK.RR.COM
Quantes

Post by Quantes »

xatm092 wrote:I AM NORMAL AND EVERYBODY ELSE IS STRANGE
Alto. :p
BeBound

Post by BeBound »

I don't think I'm weird. I just have a not-so-common hobby :)

And there are many reasons why you would do bondage...

It's relaxing (well, *afterwards*).

It confronts you with yourself, by being in situations you would otherwise never be in.

It's stimulating (I would bet that a lot of 'nay-sayers' out there would have a much more intense orgasm *with* bondage). Sexual therapists often recommend it to couples bored with their, ehm, "private life".

You can consider even consider it a sport (hey, struggling against all those ropes is hard work ;) ) or a form of art. There are many artists drawing inspiration from bondage.

The problem is that you can define BDSM as narrow or as broad as you want.

Unfortunately, people have a very poor perception of BDSM. I mean, lots of couples handcuffed their partner to the bed at one time or another. Or like to be told to get into this or that position (submissive behavior).

And to improve that perception, the poor-quality TV "reports" do not help. At all.
a.rimsky

Post by a.rimsky »

If I told someone about BDSM, everyone would to imagine typical wannabe-mistress in latex with whip, shout "You slave bitch".

Well I hate this. I hate this sort of "mistress" and this way of BDSM. :evil:
Yes. I like a little dominant lady in games. But not this dainty repugnant, wannabe-mistress with whip and a lot of empty egocentric natter. :evil: I like dominant lady more as "teachers" or "schoolmistress" than this.
BeBound

Post by BeBound »

"If I told someone about BDSM, everyone would to imagine typical wannabe-mistress in latex with whip, shout 'You slave bitch'. "

I don't think that shouting like that is bad per sé, but I do know what you mean: usually these kinds of Mistresses don't know how to do anything else, and are no fun at all to play with ...

Wannabe-Masters as well; they think "playing master" is a great ticket to a girl to do anything they demand, with no regard for the wishes of the sub. I pity the girls (or guys) who have their first bondage experience with such a Master!

a.rimsky wrote:If I told someone about BDSM, everyone would to imagine typical wannabe-mistress in latex with whip, shout "You slave bitch".

Well I hate this. I hate this sort of "mistress" and this way of BDSM. :evil:
Yes. I like a little dominant lady in games. But not this dainty repugnant, wannabe-mistress with whip and a lot of empty egocentric natter. :evil: I like dominant lady more as "teachers" or "schoolmistress" than this.
bound_jenny

Post by bound_jenny »

Freud once said that the only abnormal sexual practice is none at all. Or something to that effect.

We as sentient creatures have a choice as to how we express our sensuality and sexuality. We don't have to stick to some limited frame (except those of our deliciously tight bonds, of course) of expression.

Most people can't break loose of their limited concept of what is "normal". When I'm tied up, I know I can get loose. Hogtied and gagged, in absolute bliss, I am freer than any vanilla Jane (or John) Q Public could ever imagine.

Jenny.
Helplessness is a doorway to the innermost reaches of the soul.
If my corset isn't tight, it just isn't right!
Kink is the spice of life!
Come to the Dark Side - we have cookies!
curious_sb
Retired Moderator

Post by curious_sb »

bound_jenny wrote:Freud once said that the only abnormal sexual practice is none at all. Or something to that effect.

We as sentient creatures have a choice as to how we express our sensuality and sexuality. We don't have to stick to some limited frame (except those of our deliciously tight bonds, of course) of expression.

Most people can't break loose of their limited concept of what is "normal". When I'm tied up, I know I can get loose. Hogtied and gagged, in absolute bliss, I am freer than any vanilla Jane (or John) Q Public could ever imagine.

Jenny.
That is some real beautiful prose...yes free..free not in the sense that you are tied up...but free in the sense that you are free to do that or have that done to yourself and enjoy the fruits of that bondage without feeling the restrictions of a "taboo" created by society. To enjoy and practice bondage in the presence of a taboo rather than conform to the beleifs of the masses is to be truly free.
Curious_SB
Retired Forum Moderator
Grinser

Post by Grinser »

Freak or vanilla... in the end it all boils down to living the way you like it. If anybody els likes it, is secondary at best. I mean, what good is a life that makes everybody happy except for yourself? I´d rather prefer the other way round.
There is a beast inside man that should be exercised, not exorcised.
curious_sb
Retired Moderator

Post by curious_sb »

Grinser wrote:in the end it all boils down to living the way you like it. If anybody else likes it, is secondary at best. I mean, what good is a life that makes everybody happy except for yourself? I´d rather prefer the other way round.
I like you already!!!
Curious_SB
Retired Forum Moderator
Grinser

Post by Grinser »

the funny thing is, if I tell people, I developed my philosophy out of satanism and count myself as a independent satanist, they usually suddenly stop liking it...
There is a beast inside man that should be exercised, not exorcised.
Michelle

Post by Michelle »

I agree with the majority here. We are certainly not freaks or weird in any way.
We are in a minority group for sure, but not weirdos by any means.
If what we did would hurt others, then I would agree to call ourselves freaks, but what we do is an excellent way of being high without using drugs... :)