PicLoKiT Beta release

Selfbondage software and other kinky developments

Moderators: Riddle, Shannon SteelSlave

LoKiT
Retired Moderator

PicLoKiT Beta release

Post by LoKiT »

UPDATE: Since this was written the final version has now been released http://forum.boundanna.net/board/viewto ... =28&t=4861

[Orginal text...]

I've released a beta of Picture LoKiT for Win32 XP/2000

You will find it at http://sourceforge.net/projects/picturelokit/files/

It should run under Win7 with the right permissions. Vista? try it and see. It does have a clean uninstaller. All the documentation is onboard. Linux users can run it under wine for now I but I plan on a beta for Linux shortly.

Should be pretty much click and play. Look forward to your feedback and comments.

Enjoy :)
UPDATE: 20th May 2010: To save you reading the rest of this thread :) Beta release 0.67 should now run on windows nt, xp, vista and win7 32 and 64bit. Have fun :gag: :whip:
Last edited by LoKiT on 24 Jun 2011, 14:21, edited 3 times in total.
chasteed

Re: PicLoKiT Beta release

Post by chasteed »

What is the intended purpose of this application?
1azzu1

Post by 1azzu1 »

get a error report when trying to run it

"see log file bla bla bla"

but cant find eny log file...

but im glad that it has allready reached beta testing :P
LoKiT
Retired Moderator

Post by LoKiT »

chasteed wrote:What is the intended purpose of this application?
Please see http://forum.boundanna.net/board/viewto ... =12&t=3424 or the post 'New Software for CB/SB play... FREE :)' in the DIY section for more info and screenshots. Sorry, well spotted I should have referenced it in the first post so every one knows that I'm babbling on about.

In short it hides away a picture for your release for a given time. Intended for self lockers it includes some optional features to make the waiting time more interesting. One of its features is a small repository to hide your personal photos out of the sight of others that may use the machine. Ulimately I would like to add remote keyholder features and finish the email feature which is not yet ready to release.

Please give it a try and let us know what you think? 8) Enjoy

Update: Many thanks to the person who emailed that it works fine in Win7 when run as administrator.
1azzu1

Post by 1azzu1 »

i run it as administrator... but still get a error report...

can it be becous i use win7 64bit?
LoKiT
Retired Moderator

Post by LoKiT »

1azzu1 wrote:i run it as administrator... but still get a error report...

can it be becous i use win7 64bit?
Hmmmm, not got Win7 64bit here, yeah could be. I got an email says it works fine if you install as Administrator. I tried it on Win7 32 bit version and it run as advertised. Try using the programs uninstall as administrator and then reinstall as administraor and see if that works. If you right click in the properties there should be a run as admin option. I think the problem is PicLoKiT tries to open a log file in the program files folder that is not a user file area and kicks up. Thanks for the feedback, sorry but thats what beta testing is about sometimes. Its on the fix list
1azzu1

Post by 1azzu1 »

still gets the same error message

(pic of error code in attachment)
Attachments
Unavngivet.jpg
chasteed

Post by chasteed »

Sounds really neat. is it available for Ubuntu Linux?
LoKiT
Retired Moderator

Post by LoKiT »

1azzu1 wrote: (pic of error code in attachment)
Many thanks 1azzu1, a picture speaks a thousand words. 64bit Win7 doesnt allow you to write to that folder as you dont have permissions. The program is generating the error by opening a log file in case there is an error, Doh! I think I can fix that okay, if your still interested PM me your email address and I will email you with new version of the beta to try. Thanks again.

Sorry folks, I'm not rich enough to purchase Win7 64bit yet :( and I was hopeful it would not be a problem as with its 32 bit cousins :(
So far the Win32 XP / 2000 works as intended and no reported problems so far.
Last edited by LoKiT on 04 May 2010, 20:50, edited 1 time in total.
LoKiT
Retired Moderator

Post by LoKiT »

chasteed wrote:Sounds really neat. is it available for Ubuntu Linux?
The easy answer is to run it using wine, https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Wine

You could have it now if only I knew how to package it !!! It was writen on SuSE Linux and ported to XP for testing and packaging. If you know how to run python pyc files and you have Python, PIL and GTK2 on your machine please send me a PM with you email address and will happly send you a tarball to run. Else I'm sorry it will be a short while before I get my head around how its done. I've not done it yet as there are problems with RPM's and Ubuntu?
LoKiT
Retired Moderator

Post by LoKiT »

I updated the Windows beta and its now Picture LoKiT Beta 065.exe to include Vista and Win7. This sould now run better on all version and run on Win7 and Vista 32bits with elevated rights. No one has got back to me yet on the 64bit version with the new tweaks.

Other than two emails on Win7 64 run problems no one has cared to comment. I get the impression it was 4 months work that was a complete waste of time and no one is really that interested in free software for self lockers. So Im very tiried, ill and going to walk away from the project for a bit and see what happens.
1azzu1

Post by 1azzu1 »

well... i hope you wont abandon the projekt...
but i can see the fustration especially if you dont get much feedback...
anna
Site Admin

Post by anna »

LoKiT wrote:Other than two emails on Win7 64 run problems no one has cared to comment. I get the impression it was 4 months work that was a complete waste of time and no one is really that interested in free software for self lockers. So Im very tiried, ill and going to walk away from the project for a bit and see what happens.
I am sure that the program will get a lot more attention as time pass. This forum is not very big and not many people has tested your program yet. Most of those who has tested it is probably not registered here. Please do not see the lack of feedback as a lack of interest, at least not at this time. I am sure that people will give you their feedback once they test it. The program looks very promising and I would love to see the final version of it. Do not let nonposters keep you from reaching your goal.

Removed error report from running windows version under Wine in Linux. Please use Linux version if running Linux.
A glass of water longing for the ocean.
BondageGames

Post by BondageGames »

1azzu1 wrote:still gets the same error message

(pic of error code in attachment)
I got the exact same error running Vista 64bit
LoKiT
Retired Moderator

Post by LoKiT »

Hey hummm, Sorry folks. I tried my best. It kinda makes a mockery of a weeks worth of distructive testing on the various systems I have here. The orginal release intended for XP/2k was test on three different computers running XP sp3, 2000 sp4 and Wine on SuSE 64bit. I did run it on two different machines with Win7 32bit with elevated priverlages. Then tested again on a little netbook on XP tested and again on Wine in SuSE 32bit on the netbook.

It diffenatly doesnt seem to like 64bit Win7 or Vista for some reason I need to find out?

I think the kindest thing anyone could say is right now is... "I tested on my XP and thought it was rubibsh" LOL! :( Plan B: Walk away and find a beg borrow or steal a 64bit version of win7 or Vista as that seem the perfered OS of choice from the Feedback. Im not sure but I think I can run the 64bit versions for 30days without a licence?