difference between sub-shop and bdsmtoybox??

Anything that does not fit any of the other categories.
pinpo

difference between sub-shop and bdsmtoybox??

Post by pinpo »

what the difference between sub-shop.com and bdsmtoybox.com??? its basically the same site with different layout... i dont get why autumn (owner of bots sites) has two almost identical sites... :?
Grinser

Post by Grinser »

good question, I guess either they are just in the process of switching domains, or it is some kind of franchise shop.
There is a beast inside man that should be exercised, not exorcised.
teh-ah-tim-eh

Post by teh-ah-tim-eh »

or may be they do what my work does...we have 3 sites, one with our name and 2 others...tis is becasue some people may have a bad experience with 1 so go to another one..or some people may just not like one of them on principle ergo try another.
If your naughty go to your room...if you want to be naughty go to mine
cheap_sb

Post by cheap_sb »

The more online stores you have the more likely someone is going to come across one.
Just like in real life, the more Exxon stations you see than Texaco, the more likely you are to go to Exxon.
Grinser

Post by Grinser »

Hmm, on the internet it is more about advertisement and link references, isn`t it? In theory if you have one site that is linked to 100 times you will be referred to by search engines more than if you have 2 pages that are linked 50 times each.
To be honest, my knowledge about search engines is mostly based on this but if this is accurate, having two pages would not benefit you in a way that is similar to having two "real" stores.
pinpo

Post by pinpo »

but its the same store right?? its weird that bdsmtoybox.com is more "famous" (i havnt seen any sub-shop.com banners at all!). its really odd cause sub-shop is bigger and it looks more like the main site... if somebody gets to ask her please post the answer here...
teh-ah-tim-eh

Post by teh-ah-tim-eh »

she may have a set budget on advertising....do you get 1 store lots of advertising or to stores less advertising

rememebr advertising can be expensive depending were it is and what form
If your naughty go to your room...if you want to be naughty go to mine
Grinser

Post by Grinser »

I think sub-shop was there first, I never came across bdsmtoybox until recently at least.