CD Release i made a program for it

This is the place where you can share your thoughts on selfbondage with like minded people.
luvsan1

CD Release i made a program for it

Post by luvsan1 »

Lets call this 1.2 updated as of august 15 08

Ok i made a program you enter minutes it counts down and then ejects the cdrom simple

out of a old countdown timer code i had

made in visual basic 6.0

Hit random and this pops up

Random now has mins from low to high 120 low and 240 high would generate something between 2 to 4 hours.

Random hours incase your too lazy to calculate so instead of entering the min values you would enter the hour values 2 low 4 high as a example.

I have not tested this extensivly please tell me of bugs and make sure the clock is actually ticking down.

Download link
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=OJO1B0XD

Have a idea? on features for this program or others? well tell me and i will try to put something together.

Also i am not responsible for what you do with this program no warranties no guarantees i have tested this but not extensivly so test it yourselfs before even attempting to try it and always use a backup as i would not even trust this alone.

Not sure if this is the best category feel free to move it mods.
Last edited by luvsan1 on 15 Aug 2008, 19:15, edited 4 times in total.
Untouchable

Post by Untouchable »

This could come in useful, thanks.

Place a key on the tray and attache it to string or thread, and have the PC out of reach. You won't be able to pull the string until the door opens.

Use a slow ice timer as a back up as this could fail if there is a power cut. To be honest with a dependable, but slow back up, this would add to the excitement a little. If the PC went off then your 2 hour stint could become 4 - ouch.
bs

Post by bs »

Is there a way that if this program is running that it would disable the cd eject button on the front of the cd tray
solid1985

Post by solid1985 »

that can happen yes i guess....
Albert Einstein - Only a life lived in the service to others is worth living.
luvsan1

Post by luvsan1 »

not sure if i can disable it in visual basic seems to be something you have to do more hardware level.

besides then you could just power down your pc.
teh-ah-tim-eh

Post by teh-ah-tim-eh »

hmm....neat idea. Problem is i don't have a cd tray :P
sub-house

Post by sub-house »

what if u had it have a random time
if you dont live for somthing you will die for nothing
Dane

Post by Dane »

Hi.

Cute programme, works fine on my computer.

A few suggestions:

Instead of having both a random minut and hour, why not only have random minutes determined by user input between x and xxxx. That would give more flexibility.

You seem to be good in computerprogramming (I am not :D ). Can you make something like this or is it at all possible :

I usually do my sessions in the dark with a digital timer and combinationlocks, but that way I miss the randomness and unawareness of time left. Is it possible to make a programme that controls on and off time of a lamp connected to a USB-port on the computer ?
luvsan1

Post by luvsan1 »

Ok i just updated the minutes thing with your idea left the hours for people that were lazy to calculate also fixed a small bug which left the program running in the background it gets unloaded when you restart its not that big of a problem can also just end the proccess.

visual basic is almost too easy to be called programming lol.

ok i have actually tried to do the lamp thing before the problem is even if you disable the usb port like in device manager > universal serial bus controllers>usb root hub you will see that it keeps suppling power so you would have to find a lamp that sends something to the pc in which you could minipulate or a device that could receive shut off commands like a modified usb hub of somesort.

I will keep looking into it tho maybe even hardmod something but I'm afraid it would be too complicated and i don't wish to become a salesman just trying to help out the community that has given me many great ideas.
Dane

Post by Dane »

Hi.

Thanks for the update, I will try with keys instead of combination locks next time.
Dark_Lizerd

Post by Dark_Lizerd »

You could use the parallel port... Have it drive a relay or a transistor to turn the light on or off...
With that set-up, you could control at least 8 devices.... just gota watch the current draw :shock: ....
All advice is checked, re-checked and verified to be questionable...
Don't ask, we both wont understand the answer...
http://www.mediafire.com/download/09dtr ... e_V2_2.exe Not just for nubies any more...
luvsan1

Post by luvsan1 »

i was gonna suggest what i call the oldschool printer port LOL but this laptop doesn't have a slot for that.

cause i know i can turn that on and off from the computer.

like i said tho if your going to be building things you could build something inbetween the power and the lamp and have the computer send that command to turn off the power.

I think i saw a linux script to actually turn the power off to the usb real low level stuff i bet maybe it can be done in like ASM or something.
Dark_Lizerd

Post by Dark_Lizerd »

I found this.... at
http://himsa.com/?TabId=492&language=en-US
maybe....
I can't try it.... I have a USB mouse...

Turning off a USB port's power save option on Windows XP Pro

In Windows, click on Start >Control Panel (or Start >Settings >Control Panel).
Double-click on System, then open the Hardware tab.
Click Device Manager.
Click the + at Universal Serial Bus Controllers.
Right-click USB Root Hub and select Properties.
Open the Power Management tab.
Clear the checkmark from Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power.
Click OK.
Repeat this procedure for the USB 2.0 Hub.
All advice is checked, re-checked and verified to be questionable...
Don't ask, we both wont understand the answer...
http://www.mediafire.com/download/09dtr ... e_V2_2.exe Not just for nubies any more...
luvsan1

Post by luvsan1 »

i will have to look for a usb lamp i have and see if that works.

or Dane you could try that see if that works.

then i only have to figure out how to do that in visual basic.
teh-ah-tim-eh

Post by teh-ah-tim-eh »

oldschool printer port LOL
hehe i remember programming parrell ports :P

I've made a little robot arm powered using usb...it's ace...and it grips things...i can have it to drop my keys at a set time...problem is it's at uni...and my computer can't control it.

Might have to change that