What are women looking for in a guy?

Anything that does not fit any of the other categories.
mspider12

Post by mspider12 »

I agree with Darkelve. I am the star of the blunder years that use to be on tv. I am theguy who screws up a lot, sucks at sports and comes in last.

One holiday when I was at a phyiscal rehab center with another guy and a blind girl, she told us during dinner that depending on our behavior, she was going to make one of us very happy. Since I was in the wheelchair and the other guy was blind, but physically ok, I just rolled off and told the other guy you won. Surprisingly she was pissed, seems she wanted to see us fight it out instead.

The two things I have been successful in that most are not is getting multiple degrees, a great job, new car and recently a home.

Most girls I like and can not get, likes men who are unemployeed, on drugs, on unemployment or a disability scam or sweeted talked into a onenight stand and she thinks he wants a long term relationship. I know as I am the guy they come to tell the story the next day after it ends. I asked why didnt you go out with me instead, most do not answer, one said I did not ask.

I just got to find a way to leave that friend spot.

My quote at my job is, if you have nothing nice to say, come sit next to me. Boy people take that seriously too.

Will see.
Grinser

Post by Grinser »

mspider12 wrote:I am theguy who screws up a lot, sucks at sports and comes in last.
So was I until a few years ago when I started working out four times a week and now (with all humility) I believe I am quite well built. And indeed with every new step of my training program, I could watch the reactions of women change. No matter what they say, they will most probably prefer a muscular guy, believe me I have seen both sides of the medal. And when you start to feel more attractive you will automatically become more self-assured (ok, I had a lot of that to begin with, maybe I am a little narcissistic).
mspider12 wrote: The two things I have been successful in that most are not is getting multiple degrees, a great job, new car and recently a home.
That is a big plus, you just have to find a way to play it right... women like safety and who can provide more safety than somebody with a secure job and a home?
mspider12 wrote: Most girls I like and can not get, likes men who are unemployeed, on drugs, on unemployment or a disability scam or sweeted talked into a onenight stand and she thinks he wants a long term relationship.
Ok, I can feel with you about that, although I used to do the one-night-stand thing a lot before I met my girl. Maybe there is a little truth in the prejudice that women like to "fix" their men. Maybe that is why they always seem to pick the screwed-up guys.
On the other hand, a lot of my female friends are in relationships with total softies, guys who will do the dishes and the cooking and volunteer as drivers when there is a party but do not know how to change a lightbulb or a tire on their car. And ALL of those women, really all of them, have told me recently that they are unhappy in their relationships but do not want to dump him "because he is such a nice guy" ... so no matter what the ladies may think about emancipation and modern gender roles, in my opinion most women still prefer a strong and self-assured cross between gentleman and macho to any metrosexual, androgynous mr.nice guy.

Try to be a little more aggressive and self-assured and play your "I can provide safety" cards right and I am looking forward to hear if that changed anything.
There is a beast inside man that should be exercised, not exorcised.
Michelle

Post by Michelle »

mspider12, when it's all said & done, the best thing you can do is to just be yourself. When the right person comes across your path it will all fall in place.
A lot of people say "You will find your life partner when you least expect it". And the reason for this is that when that happens you were just being yourself.
Of course, there are some basic rules to follow, but don't change your core values to try and please someone else.
Like everything else in life, finding a partner is like school; You learn as you go, as learn from your mistakes so you score higher next time...
:wink:
Best of luck to you
:)