Lolita Cloths.

Crossdressing as a part of or type of selfbondage.
corvon

Lolita Cloths.

Post by corvon »

I may be a guy but Lolita is such a cute look! I plain to get a few Lolita dresses and I was wondering if anyone here knows what Lolita is. If not then why not check it out
bound_jenny

Post by bound_jenny »

Ahhh, Wikipedia, the bottomless well of knowledge:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lolita_fashion

It is a mix of Goth, Victorian and young girl's fashion. Yes, it is cute.

Jenny.
Helplessness is a doorway to the innermost reaches of the soul.
If my corset isn't tight, it just isn't right!
Kink is the spice of life!
Come to the Dark Side - we have cookies!
corvon

Post by corvon »

I kinda like the sweet Lolita look
Amy_Tenchi

Post by Amy_Tenchi »

I love lolita with a passion. I always used to draw lolita-styled girls (my website has a few pictures under older years) but I don't actually own an outfit. I don't think they go for much when made or bought in pieces but...its hard to find places that sell those sort of things. :)
-Missing In Action-
--May or May Not Return--
corvon

Post by corvon »

ebay is the only place I know
bound_jenny

Post by bound_jenny »

Indeed, if bought as a whole costume, it would probably be expensive because it is a Lolita costume by name. The best would be to look at as many pictures as possible and determine which elements one needs, and buy those elements separately.

If some cannot be found, then they can either be made from scratch (if you're sufficiently talented with the design and sewing process) or even altered from an existing item that is close to the intended design.

One would be amazed what kinds of costume can be "faked" by just taking a few separate, unrelated items of clothing and putting them on together.

Jenny.
Grinser

Post by Grinser »

Oh boy, most of that stuff looks ridiculous even on a girl Oo. I normally like cute, petite girls and asian women as well, but having two-paged the first of the external links from the wikipedia article, I´d say in my eyes, those clothes are the best contraceptive imaginable.
There is a beast inside man that should be exercised, not exorcised.
Amy_Tenchi

Post by Amy_Tenchi »

I want to say Lolita is used on both guys and girls to make them look like young, little girls. No wonder it can be a turn off :P Does anyone know the Japanese translation of Lolita? I have a feeling its 'young girl, little girl' or something of the like (my dictionary is packed)

I think it really looks cute in art more than on an actual person. I mean, wearing a hoop under a skirt, or lots of fluffy petticoats sucks more than you realize when you start. Some band once used that style, and I can't remember where either...
-Missing In Action-
--May or May Not Return--
Grinser

Post by Grinser »

Hell, they look like a school of clowns that had a bad accident with lots of nuclear waste.

As far as I know, the term "lolita" originates from the book "Lolita" by Vladimir Nabokov, which describes a guy falling in love with a 12-year-old girl.
Lolita (1955) is a novel by Vladimir Nabokov. The novel was first written in English and published in 1955 in Paris, later translated by the author into Russian and published in 1957 in New York. The novel is both internationally famous for its innovative style and infamous for its controversial subject: the book's narrator and protagonist, Humbert Humbert, becoming sexually obsessed with a 12-year-old girl named Dolores Haze.

After its publication, Lolita attained a classic status, becoming one of the best known and most controversial examples of 20th century literature. The name "Lolita" has entered pop culture to describe a sexually precocious young girl.
taken from the aforementioned "bottomless well of knowledge"
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lolita
There is a beast inside man that should be exercised, not exorcised.
bound_jenny

Post by bound_jenny »

Tsk, tsk, tsk... the tone here is getting rather venomous... please moderate!

Grinser, you make a point, but in your usual adorably gruff manner that some may construe as open hostility. But I know you're much nicer than that :wink: . Please do remember that what may be a contraceptive for you is very attractive for someone else.

Look at the bright side: they (the Lolitas) are probably giving you a wide berth anyway, so you don't have to beat them off with a stick... :P

Sure, Lolita style is cute, in a kitschy kind of way. I myself would not wear anything like that; it is a little beyond my... age group, about the same as if I wore a cheerleader outfit. Now there's a mental image for you all... :shock:

Now no one go and rail against hoop skirts and petticoats - I am a very huge fan of Victorian dress, the real thing, of course (it goes with the corsets). Maybe that's why I'm a wee bit enchanted with the Lolita style - there is a slight Victorian overtone to the thing. However, I repeat, I would not wear that stuff myself.

I also like some 1950's fashions, especially the tight pencil skirts with tailored jackets... no hoops or petticoats but honking good looking with a tight waist.

Jenny.
misQui
Retired Moderator

Post by misQui »

I'm also a fan of the Lolita style, although I appreciate that it looks better on the petite stature of Japanese girls than on my man-shaped European frame.

That doesn't stop me looking where I could buy stuff from, though. There's a couple of shops on eBay that do custom stuff, but you'd have to check your measurements as they'd be coming from China.

Or you could do a lot worse than looking around http://www.cosmates.jp
Aurora Borealis

Post by Aurora Borealis »

Wonderful site. Too bad the things I'd want the most are usually a size or two too small.