Smoothing communications and participation on dares

Post your dares or request a dare here.
gwrolla

Re: Smoothing communications and participation on dares

Post by gwrolla »

i can and will, buy ropes, from Home Depot, across the street.

and i have a few latex bodysuits.

what kind of rope and what color, do i buy?
Shannon SteelSlave

Post by Shannon SteelSlave »

gwrolla wrote: 28 Feb 2024, 09:30 i can and will, buy ropes, from Home Depot, across the street.

and i have a few latex bodysuits.

what kind of rope and what color, do i buy?
Ah, the 'Depot. The kinkiest place on earth. Not the best place to buy rope for self bondage, but for demonstration, should work.
A great combination might be, if your clothes are black, then white ropes would set that off well.
Anyone suggest a good industrial rope? Maybe elastic bungee stretch cord might be easier to get in and out of?
I usually go there for wood, chains, bolts, brackets, and sometimes stuff to repair/build my house.
Aisle 15, check it out :rofl:
Bondage is like a foreign film without subtitles. Only through sharing and practice can we hope to understand.
A Jedi uses bondage for knowledge and defense, never for attack.
I am so smart! I am so smart! S-M-R-T!....I, I mean S-M-A-R-T!
👠👠
Shannon SteelSlave

pledgeay wrote: 28 Feb 2024, 00:31
kinbaku wrote: 26 Feb 2024, 13:38 Something like this was what I meant by the list on the internet.
I like this give a very good indication of likes dislikes.. and so easy
I might find that list difficult to read as a dare giver, plus it needs editing, as some items on there are not permitted by forum guidelines, and some are not encouraged. But a great find for an example, K.
Bondage is like a foreign film without subtitles. Only through sharing and practice can we hope to understand.
👠👠
Kinbaku

Post by Kinbaku »

We can provide a list from which they take the 5 points they definitely want to do and 5 points they definitely don't want to do.
That already gives a good direction in which they are (not) interested.

This means that a scenario writer doesn't have to wade through an entire list to get an idea of what is most important to the sub.

And as mentioned, unsafe or irresponsible scenarios should definitely be removed from this list.

With of course the option that they can add something without obligation that is not in the list or that they would like to pay extra attention to.
For example, someone may have just purchased a new bondage item (handcuffs, vibrator, gag, etc.) that they want to use in the first scenario they get from a BoundAnna member.
gwrolla

Post by gwrolla »

sweet!

in a week or two, i will get money, to buy black spandex and white bungee ropes.

i can wait to be a bondage model, and expand my bdsm stuff.
Shannon SteelSlave

Like I said, I am trying to work in photos, not sure they will take for this sticky thread. It's kind of an "all play" game, so I am trying to give anyone who wants to offer input a good chance. It will be a democracy, all votes count.
However, maybe another informative thread, maybe put together by a group in the future, can focus on modeled illustrations, fully utilizing your talents. I have put together several group threads, would love to see someone else take the lead. Possibly even someone to take the lead on this one.
👠👠
Shannon SteelSlave

It looks like its you and me Kinbaku. We already have the name from the `5th anniversary thread. Thank goodness I don't have to remember the password. We might do some in Private Message, but publicly post our progress, especially if it needs feedback or ideas. We might already have the ideas to do this, just need to agree and organize. Anyone who offered suggestions will receive a credit with in the text of the post, even if I already had the idea myself, I will credit that member.
Alright, to start, I was thinking any member, even if not seeking dares or offering, can create a thread in Dares, or anywhere really, listing equipment, preferences, limits, ect., then add a link in their profile or signature. Anyone can do this, regardless of plans to participate in Dares. I like the idea of the "Job Application" form, modified of course, to fit the forum rules. But to simplify reading, the member can front their personal post with a "Resume" type description of likes/dislikes, "punishable" items and actions (things they don't really like, but we can use to enforce compliance or threaten) , fantasies in case someone wants to know, and limits which are never to be suggested or requested to that member. I think the way this is currently done properly by most members requesting dares is good as is. What they don't seem to know is that when they edit that 1 post that no one will ever read again, no one gets an alert to reflect the changes. That is where my linking idea comes in.
Our thread will include a template and examples of what a successful personal might look like.
I don't plan to lock this thread, as I hate doing that. I am all about encouraging discussion, not blocking it. But the 1st few posts in the thread will be the instructionals, to be modified by us, as member suggestions dictate.
My hope is to make it easier for everyone to respond to dare requests, and minimize the research they would have to do.
👠👠
Anything_Once

Post by Anything_Once »

I've come back with a suggestion.

I believe in the software this forum runs on an admin can add custom fields to profiles from the admin board. These can/are public and appear on our profile pages.

Could we have a set of fields that can be filled in, then you just need to click on the posters name to get the list of items, like, dislikes etc. if the fields are filled up they won't appear in the profile. It also becomes simple to update it as I don't need to find the old post.

It would also keep it in the forum but leaves things open to providing a link to lists like those posted previously in those fields.

That way if you have added the details to you profile you just need to say "check my profile for gear, like, dislikes".
The problem with trying anything once is that eventually it gets hard to find new things to try...
Shannon SteelSlave

Anything_Once wrote: 07 Mar 2024, 16:21 I've come back with a suggestion.

I believe in the software this forum runs on an admin can add custom fields to profiles from the admin board. These can/are public and appear on our profile pages.

Could we have a set of fields that can be filled in, then you just need to click on the posters name to get the list of items, like, dislikes etc. if the fields are filled up they won't appear in the profile. It also becomes simple to update it as I don't need to find the old post.

It would also keep it in the forum but leaves things open to providing a link to lists like those posted previously in those fields.

That way if you have added the details to you profile you just need to say "check my profile for gear, like, dislikes".
I like that idea a lot more than just creating a personals thread/post, which will trigger the red light on everyone's index page every time someone makes one. I will have to ask Anna, after we handle the other forum business at hand. We should come up with the fields and name them, of course each user can decide what to fill out and what they choose to leave blank. When requesting a dare, we can ask them to return to their profile and fill out missing fields that we need. I will draft the request letter to Anna, explaining our purpose and goals, let's all come up with the fields and organize, then eliminate redundants. But we, the staff do have something we need to do before I request this, but let's just have it all written out and ready so all I have to do is hit "Send" when the time is appropriate.
👠👠
Anything_Once

Post by Anything_Once »

I have seen other places that tried something similar where likes, dislikes, and limits were in the users signature which worked but appeared on every post. But using the signature added a lot of clutter of the threads so profile fields would be cleaner.
That said it was effective. So I would like to propose the following as a starting point (to be improved upon).

Equipment
The list of stuff you have to use

The list of things you enjoy in a dare, this could be anything from single acts to a type of fetish

Dislikes
The list of things you dislike can could be a punishment but is not off limits.

Limits
The list of things you will never do, deal breakers. This would include things can't do due to circumstances such as loud noise in a shared house.

For for example we might have.

Equipment
Handcuffs
Rope
Nipple clamp
Blind fold
Other stuff....

Chastity
Cold

Dislikes
Humiliation
Sensory deprivation
Chores

Limits
Hypnosis
Long duration
Exposure
Leaving Bedroom
The problem with trying anything once is that eventually it gets hard to find new things to try...
ponylady

Post by ponylady »

Shannon SteelSlave wrote: 07 Mar 2024, 23:32
I like that idea a lot more than just creating a personals thread/post, which will trigger the red light on everyone's index page every time someone makes one. I will have to ask Anna, after we handle the other forum business at hand.
Trying to invent the wheel a 2nd time, shannon ?

Just use the „interests“ field for this purpose.

This way you don‘t need to handle the other forum business 1st. And don‘t need th change the basic tables, which anna
Doesn‘t like to do, in case it might screw up a restore process.
[
Shannon SteelSlave

ponylady wrote: 10 Mar 2024, 04:34
Shannon SteelSlave wrote: 07 Mar 2024, 23:32
I like that idea a lot more than just creating a personals thread/post, which will trigger the red light on everyone's index page every time someone makes one. I will have to ask Anna, after we handle the other forum business at hand.
Trying to invent the wheel a 2nd time, shannon ?

Just use the „interests“ field for this purpose.

This way you don‘t need to handle the other forum business 1st. And don‘t need th change the basic tables, which anna
Doesn‘t like to do, in case it might screw up a restore process.
Ok, people, it looks like it's back to Plan B. Anyone wishing to accept dares will have a post somewhere in the Dares section, that they will edit and update as needed, and link to their signature or profile to that post. Everyone working with me : We will create a sticky thread offering advice on how to create such a post, complete with example fields filled. I think we can still accomplish our goal this way. Stand by.
👠👠
ponylady

Post by ponylady »

Why so fast ?

The idea with the profile field is good.

If you can‘t get a custom one, use the existing options.

Post your example list as a sticky, so interested members can use it as a template to add to their interest field.

We are humans, our most important feature is our adaptability. This should work.
[
Shannon SteelSlave

That's what we're thinking, the template so all questions are asked, the member will decide which ones to answer. Fast? No, we are definitely taking our time with this.
👠👠
Anything_Once

Post by Anything_Once »

The interests field has a limit of 500 chars (last time I checked) which gets reached very quickly. So keep this in mind as you may need a short hand if you use it