Query about a product

Post your scenarios here. You can also request a scenario here.
MT206

Query about a product

Post by MT206 »

7yz.jpg
Have noticed these for sale almost everywhere. Just wondering. Is the switch-like portion in the middle a quick release function? Never noticed one like this before. Also, is there any way to prevent over-tightening? I have noticed several of these in local stores, and hence I started wondering.

From what I've read, they are of appalling quality, and fragile. But thought I'd ask anyway.
Kinbaku

Re: Query about a product

Post by Kinbaku »

I think these are the cheap cuffs where the switch can open the cuffs without the keys. When I was little I used them where the switch where at the side. They where made from plastic and only the chain was real metal.
Unless you just want to try it out to see if handcuffs are something for you, it is better to choose a slightly more expensive model with the option of double lock. see viewtopic.php?t=13974
MT206

Post by MT206 »

Fair enough. I have read that thread previously. So definitely familiar with the procedures. Is the tiny portion on the upper side of these (immediately to the right of the protruding teeth) a double locking mechanism, or is it just a cosmetic feature?
Riddle

Post by Riddle »

MT206 wrote: 01 Feb 2024, 11:37 Fair enough. I have read that thread previously. So definitely familiar with the procedures. Is the tiny portion on the upper side of these (immediately to the right of the protruding teeth) a double locking mechanism, or is it just a cosmetic feature?
I am not sure what it is. The keys are correct for the double lock but the metal thing sticking out is likely a quick release. Probably not worth the money though.
Resident timer maker. :hi:
Let’s make timers together!
Gregovic

Post by Gregovic »

The Pipedream Products website is very unclear about the features of the cuffs. They are listed as being double locking, so it IS possible the nub that sticks out is actually to actuate the double lock and that they actually are only openable with the keys. Generally from what I've seen I've never been very impressed with the "Fetish fantasy" series of products. Generally they don't seem to be very high quality products.

You could try just getting in contact with them directly and asking: https://pipedreamproducts.com/collectio ... ffs-silver
How may I serve you? *Curtsey*