Looking for Micro Pin Lock

Ideas and instructions how you can make your own bondage toys.
pavtron

Looking for Micro Pin Lock

Post by pavtron »

Here is the idea. One attaches wrist restraints that have a pin (3-5 mm thick) sticking out. That pin slips into a receiver that doesn't let go until a release happens.

So here is the ask. How can we make this happen?

I like the little detachable keychains just need to figure out how to actuate the release.
Air chucks would be good. Again actuating the release is the tricky part.
1960's hood pin and receiver would work if it wasn't so bulky.
Kinbaku

Re: Looking for Micro Pin Lock

Post by Kinbaku »

pavtron wrote: 30 Jan 2024, 04:35 Here is the idea. One attaches wrist restraints that have a pin (3-5 mm thick) sticking out. That pin slips into a receiver that doesn't let go until a release happens.

So here is the ask. How can we make this happen?

I like the little detachable keychains just need to figure out how to actuate the release.
Air chucks would be good. Again actuating the release is the tricky part.
1960's hood pin and receiver would work if it wasn't so bulky.
The pin at the handcuffs has a fixed ring that slides into an opening behind which there is a vertical pin with a sloping side so that it is pushed aside when the ring enters the opening (such as the automatic lock of a door).
Once one side of the ring has passed the vertical pin, it is pushed back up by air pressure, causing the ring to become stuck until the air pressure disappears. Where after the vertical pin falls down, freeing the ring.
Ringlock.jpg
Ringlock.jpg (4.63 KiB) Viewed 775 times
Riddle

Post by Riddle »

The keychain things are too fragile. The other options would be too difficult to automate the release. For the pin, Segufix lock pins are the only thing I would consider for a small pin to hold restraints. The plastic lock part for them would not be suitable for this because automating the release would be difficult and the expensive plastic lock might break in this situation.

Instead, I would make the inverse of those locks with steel parts. The pin goes through the steel plate and another steel piece or two on the backside slide into the pin lock-groove. Those movable parts are spring-loaded to release and an electromagnet pulls them into locking. The electromagnet(s) may either be energized before or after the pin insertion. I would test the before way first and see if I like it. This is assuming that I could get the movable steel part shaped so that the pin would move the part out enough for the pin to go in far enough to lock. The after method could either be done in the lock with a lever or roller switch or outside the lock with a time delay or start button.

I used to use the time-delay method for my Self-Bondage system, but did the start-button last time. It was so much nicer to calmly get everything set up to start and then take a moment to mentally check things before deciding to start. The time-delay is a mad scramble to make ready. Sometimes, the delay ended before my wrist restraints were in place; other times, I got everything into place, the locks activated, and, then, I realized the thing that was out of place. A few times, my pace was perfect and everything was correct just seconds before the locks activated. No more of that for me.

Segufix is a German (Deutsch) company selling medical restraints to Europe. Outside of Europe (like me in North America), I would go through the StraitjacketShop on Etsy. Actually, that is where I got some awesome bondage gear with Segufix locks and “keys” (magnet in red plastic). Rather curious to try their wrist, ankle, and collar restraints.

If necessary, I can take pictures of my Segufix lock pins, take measurements (normal or metric) of them, and disturb you with my drawing skills.
Resident timer maker. :hi:
Let’s make timers together!
tkv

Post by tkv »

I made this contraption about 10 years ago but never posted it, I think. It had an electromagnet that pulled a hook that would catch the (rather large) pin, and release when the power was cut. I installed it under the seat of a chair so it would hold by cuffed-behind hands down.
I think I only used it once or twice, it was so crudely made I always wondered if it was actually reliable. And the magnet got quite warm. It was very strong, at the least.

magnet1.jpg
magnet2.jpg
pavtron

Post by pavtron »

kinbaku wrote: 30 Jan 2024, 10:49 ring.Ringlock.jpg
I like where your head is at. Know of existing units?

Could I make one. Yes. I'm just out of time and would like to play now. ;)
Riddle wrote: 30 Jan 2024, 12:08 The keychain things are too fragile.
I was thinking about a grown up sized one. ;) But yes they are too flimsy for this application.
Riddle wrote: 30 Jan 2024, 12:08 Segufix
That is where I first went. :) Yes the release with those is the tricky spot.
Riddle wrote: 30 Jan 2024, 12:08 pin goes through the steel plate
Like this: Southco Inc E2-50-101-20 Push-to-Close Hidden-Panel Latch 170
Riddle wrote: 30 Jan 2024, 12:08 time-delay
That is what this is will be used for. It will be the last thing to click in.
Riddle wrote: 30 Jan 2024, 12:08 drawing skills
Let's see if we can find something off the shelf. In the mean time sharpen your #2 pencil.
tkv wrote: 30 Jan 2024, 16:58 contraption
Exactly but smaller. ;)
Last edited by pavtron on 04 Feb 2024, 01:25, edited 1 time in total.
Riddle

Post by Riddle »

pavtron wrote: 02 Feb 2024, 08:01
kinbaku wrote: 30 Jan 2024, 10:49 ring.Ringlock.jpg
I like where your head is at. Know of existing units?

Could I make one. Yes. I'm just out of time and would like to play now. ;)
Maybe. Have not seen any activity from Orgasm Alley for a while now. Perhaps email before ordering.
https://orgasmalley.com/product/e-mag-handcuffs/

Amusingly enough, this is basically the same design that I suggested earlier and Kinbaku made. Great minds? :rofl:
Resident timer maker. :hi:
Let’s make timers together!
pavtron

Post by pavtron »

Riddle wrote: 02 Feb 2024, 09:44 Amusingly enough, this is basically the same design that I suggested earlier and Kinbaku made. Great minds? :rofl:
Nice find!