Does anyone know what these restraints are and where to get them?

Anything that does not fit any of the other categories.
Konsba

Does anyone know what these restraints are and where to get them?

Post by Konsba »

I don't know where to post a request like this, so "everything else" seems like a safe fallback.

I have recently come across a picture of this set of cuffs and I am fascinated by them. They seem pretty robust, I am particularly fond of the very simple strap-less locking system, and the holes seem close enough together to find the perfect fit.

Does anyone know where these are from or where to get them?

(I currently use two pairs of heavy silicone cuffs that are okay, but lacking. They seem sturdy, but I have already managed to break one rivet somehow. They have a strap, buckle and a padlockable pin, but the holes are loosely spaced with one being a loose fit around my wrist and the next being a very tight fit. Plus having a strap means that if they are pulled up the wrist, they tend "unroll" in a way that makes them uncomfortable (I combat this by trying to keep them rolled correctly with an extra velcro strap). And the material also means that if I am sweaty enough, it becomes somewhat slippery and, combined with it being a tiny bit elastic, if I have both hands available, I can (with intense effort) slip my wrist out of the cuff even on the tightest fit.)
Shannon SteelSlave

Re: Does anyone know what these restraints are and where to get them?

Post by Shannon SteelSlave »

Those look like medical restraints, though I would like the ones that have a metal ring in each slot.
Bondage is like a foreign film without subtitles. Only through sharing and practice can we hope to understand.
A Jedi uses bondage for knowledge and defense, never for attack.
I am so smart! I am so smart! S-M-R-T!....I, I mean S-M-A-R-T!
👠👠
Gregovic

Post by Gregovic »

Konsba wrote: 04 Jan 2024, 00:36 I don't know where to post a request like this, so "everything else" seems like a safe fallback.

I have recently come across a picture of this set of cuffs and I am fascinated by them. They seem pretty robust, I am particularly fond of the very simple strap-less locking system, and the holes seem close enough together to find the perfect fit.

Does anyone know where these are from or where to get them?

(I currently use two pairs of heavy silicone cuffs that are okay, but lacking. They seem sturdy, but I have already managed to break one rivet somehow. They have a strap, buckle and a padlockable pin, but the holes are loosely spaced with one being a loose fit around my wrist and the next being a very tight fit. Plus having a strap means that if they are pulled up the wrist, they tend "unroll" in a way that makes them uncomfortable (I combat this by trying to keep them rolled correctly with an extra velcro strap). And the material also means that if I am sweaty enough, it becomes somewhat slippery and, combined with it being a tiny bit elastic, if I have both hands available, I can (with intense effort) slip my wrist out of the cuff even on the tightest fit.)
I'm pretty sure I have seen that set before, but I can't remember who sells them. They remind me of VanillaLeathercrafts slot cuffs (https://github.com/vanillaleathercraft/leather), HumaneRestraints leather cuffs have a similar slot setup, but are a lot bulkier (VERY secure though, once those are locked on tight they're not coming off).
How may I serve you? *Curtsey*
Kinbaku

Post by Kinbaku »

As Shannon indicated, I would rather go for something like this (first black/white one at the top left): over time the leather will become damaged at the opening that is used most often, causing the narrow lips between the openings to fold and, in the worst case, tear open. See: viewtopic.php?p=94507#p94507.