Kigurumi masks

Anything that does not fit any of the other categories.
waynegh

Kigurumi masks

Post by waynegh »

There are several videos on Youtube about Kigurumi masks They're only made at a place in China and can be custom made. They come with a
full body latex suit. They are very expensive starting at $500 a piece and higher depending on the features you want. Have you seen the anime
cartoons? The masks look just like those characters. they have locking mechanisms with keys. I saw one with a clam shell design with locks on the
sides. Youtube showed a girl trying one one and was locked on by her assistant who kept the keys. She tried to get it off but she couldn't.
If I had the money I would probably buy one. If a partner wanted me to try one on and kept the keys I could go for hours with it locked on and
go about my business like no big deal. I could even watch a movie on TV while wearing it or what ever until that person who has the keys
decides to unlock it.
Shannon SteelSlave

Re: Kigurumi masks

Post by Shannon SteelSlave »

Interesting idea. It could also serve as a blindfold or gag, or add an extra layer of security. Maybe as a punishment for flashing a defiant or disobedient eye, on goes the mask, to show the faithful, compliant facial cue the master is seeking. Add to that, no eating or drinking. Too bad they have to look so juvenile and cartoonish.
Marge Simpson would have no use for using this, though. She can always tell, even through a pile of clothing held in your hands.
Bondage is like a foreign film without subtitles. Only through sharing and practice can we hope to understand.
A Jedi uses bondage for knowledge and defense, never for attack.
I am so smart! I am so smart! S-M-R-T!....I, I mean S-M-A-R-T!
👠👠
Kinbaku

Post by Kinbaku »

They are very popular in Japan, particular in Akihabara,Tokyo.
ruru67

Post by ruru67 »

I rather like the idea of being stuck in one of those masks - as noted they can be made as a full head clamshell arrangement, with a lock. (Cheaper ones are half-head, with straps to hold it in place - both types take a wig to complete the look.)

One thing that does kinda detract for me is that most kigurumi masks rely on thin slots above the eye for vision, with opaque eyes (that actually sit low, something to do with the cartoon-like proportions). I'd like to see (have) one that used coloured or meshed eyes that you can actually see through, while still isolating your head from the outside world.

I'd note that apparently it's common(?) to be gagged when cosplaying with these to avoid the temptation to break character by speaking...
Shannon SteelSlave

Post by Shannon SteelSlave »

Pantomime would be best. Any voice coming from those wide eyes just doesn't seem right.
Bondage is like a foreign film without subtitles. Only through sharing and practice can we hope to understand.
A Jedi uses bondage for knowledge and defense, never for attack.
I am so smart! I am so smart! S-M-R-T!....I, I mean S-M-A-R-T!
👠👠