Forum downtime

News and announcements will be posted here.
Kinbaku

Re: Forum downtime

Post by Kinbaku »

I found something strange: 10204 and 10208 doesn't work, but 10205-20207 are well ok when you open the link.
download/file.php?id=10208&mode=view
The selected attachment does not exist anymore.
download/file.php?id=10204&mode=view
The selected attachment does not exist anymore.

The next are OK:
download/file.php?id=10205&mode=view
download/file.php?id=10206&mode=view
download/file.php?id=10207&mode=view
Shannon SteelSlave

Post by Shannon SteelSlave »

I think we all were expecting a few eggs to break in making this omelette. I have saved all of the pictures of my own I have posted here, especially modeling shoots. Funny cartoons and gifs, :( What are you going to do?
Bondage is like a foreign film without subtitles. Only through sharing and practice can we hope to understand.
A Jedi uses bondage for knowledge and defense, never for attack.
I am so smart! I am so smart! S-M-R-T!....I, I mean S-M-A-R-T!
👠👠
anna
Site Admin

Post by anna »

I have not found any of your attachments missing Shannon. I think those missing has been deleted by their uploader but is still remembered by the forum somehow. Edit by Anna: This is incorrect. Those having lost attachments have not deleted them themselves.
A glass of water longing for the ocean.
Shannon SteelSlave

Like I said, not going to complain. I used to know where to find an index of my attachments. Oh, wait, here it is. viewtopic.php?t=14953 I have learned, taught, and forgotten more things than most people know of.
Thanx for checking on that for me Anna.
Bondage is like a foreign film without subtitles. Only through sharing and practice can we hope to understand.
👠👠
bound_jenny

Post by bound_jenny »

I'm back for the first time since the forum came back up. I powered down the deflector shields, came up to the bridge, and after weathering this ion storm, it looks like the ship came out mostly OK. :wink:

So far, the only strange thing to report is me. I'm strange, so I've been told... :hi:

I like the slick new look of the forum software. 8)

Let's hope all the other glitches and bugs get ironed out quickly and, of course, easily (crossing fingers and toes).

Thanks, Anna, :worship: for holding the fort together and here's to a long, long life for Bound Anna! 8)

Jenny.
Helplessness is a doorway to the innermost reaches of the soul.
If my corset isn't tight, it just isn't right!
Kink is the spice of life!
Come to the Dark Side - we have cookies!
Shannon SteelSlave

I see a few new cool tools, like notifications. It will even tell me when someone pledges to join Developers. I didn't regularly check that queue, but might see a name in pending members while promoting another.
Let's see, what else. "Hot" topics (whatever they are) have a fire icon. Not sure what icon for many posts.
👠👠
bounddosster

Post by bounddosster »

Thanks for great job, much appreciated. The only thing I've noticed is my text on screen is smaller. I use to be able to read it without me specs and can't now but I suspect that is my end settings. Will check when time permits.
Again thanks Anna, you're A-one super-duper.
Kinbaku

Post by Kinbaku »

bounddosster wrote:
> The only thing I've noticed is my
> text on screen is smaller. I use to be able to read it without me specs and
> can't now but I suspect that is my end settings. Will check when time
> permits.
When you push down the Ctrl-key en scroll with the middle button of your mouse you can change the screen.
KinkInSpace

Post by KinkInSpace »

Last time I had an image problem like this, the solution was actually very simple.

Somehow the permissions on the images were incorrect. All I had to do was use FTP, and set the permissions for all files back to whatever it needed to be. 666? 777? I dunno exactly anymore.

Check with the working ones what they are, and set everything to that should do the trick.

Also, not sure how phpBB does it, as it was 20 or so years ago that I worked with that, but I use SMF now, and the thumbnails are different images, and as such, also different permissions.

I do recall before the upgrade that some images were not working, so I bet the images that are missing did not work before anymore either.

The move you talk about could definitely be the cause of those missing images. If you have them in a backup, restoring those may fix it, but it may also be that you need to restore the previous phpBB backup (would use a 2nd install), fix the issue there, and then copy over all files. The database should still be in tact, so the current install should not require a touch, unless the database has a table for attachments. In that case, you could move them over from the temp install.
anna
Site Admin

Post by anna »

KinkInSpace wrote: 28 Oct 2023, 13:01 All I had to do was use FTP, and set the permissions for all files back to whatever it needed to be. 666? 777? I dunno exactly anymore.
Thanks. I am aware of this possible issue but I think I have found the real issue now. Fingers crossed that this will work. The giveaway is that some members has had all attachments lost while others have lost none.
KinkInSpace wrote: 28 Oct 2023, 13:01 but it may also be that you need to restore the previous phpBB backup (would use a 2nd install)
The old forum is still left intact with all files and the old database should it ever be needed.
KinkInSpace

Post by KinkInSpace »

Ah, that's great to hear. Good luck. :) And thanks for all the work.
anna
Site Admin

Post by anna »

Attachments are slowly coming back now. One by one. And the thumbnails as well. All seems good. :hi:
Kinbaku

Post by Kinbaku »

anna wrote:
> Attachments are slowly coming back now. One by one. And the thumbnails as
> well. All seems good. :hi:
Very good.
Thank you for all the work and commitment for this fine site.
Shannon SteelSlave

Why is everyone's interview answer to "How old are you?" suddenly appearing in profile and next to posts?
👠👠
anna
Site Admin

Post by anna »

Shannon SteelSlave wrote: 28 Oct 2023, 21:42 Why is everyone's interview answer to "How old are you?" suddenly appearing in profile and next to posts?
Oh my. That would be another bug.