Lock App

Selfbondage software and other kinky developments

Moderators: Riddle, Shannon SteelSlave

ZestAngel

Lock App

Post by ZestAngel »

I am working on a lock app much like chaster.app but intended more for bondage and better D/s play. I intend to include features like contracts, limits, safeword and so on.
For now I am working on the basic features that are only concerned with the lock interaction.

This is where you come in. Is there any feature you would like to see in such an app or something you wish chaster.app (or others) did better?
Shannon SteelSlave

Re: Lock App

Post by Shannon SteelSlave »

Aloha from Bound Anna,ZestAngel
Might have a group membership in Developers if you're interested.
I believe there was some talk about creating a chastity program/site somewhere here, probably in Chastity.
Bondage is like a foreign film without subtitles. Only through sharing and practice can we hope to understand.
A Jedi uses bondage for knowledge and defense, never for attack.
I am so smart! I am so smart! S-M-R-T!....I, I mean S-M-A-R-T!
👠👠
eki

Post by eki »

What's your killer feature? Is your aim to be more focused on the social aspect than Chaster and Emlalock? Both are pretty mature options already, I think it's quite the challenge to break into that market. It'd be interesting to see more play aspects supported other than the binary lock/unlock for bondage/chastity. Those are very hard to program out though in a way that is broad and specific enough & allows the dom/me real control, ime
ZestAngel

Post by ZestAngel »

I would be interested in that software development group.

What do you mean by play aspects, can you go into more detail please? Do you mean things like tasks/punishments?
Shannon SteelSlave

ZestAngel wrote:I would be interested in that software development group.
Welcome to the Developers Group.
Bondage is like a foreign film without subtitles. Only through sharing and practice can we hope to understand.
👠👠
ZestAngel

Post by ZestAngel »

I've had some early beta testers and it's still missing some features but the features there are reliable.

- To login you must use your email/password. The username is not currently working.
- You see a blank page that exists because you have no locks when you just signed up. Go to the discovery page (top left menu on your phone) where you can see some of the first locks.

https://tinyurl.com/2awcz9ty

As for what advantages this site has over the competition that is something early users will be able to influence. Now it’s too early to have any concrete ideas.
ZestAngel

Post by ZestAngel »

New update just released with the following new features:

General:
- Event log lockees and keyholders can see what happened on a lock
- Major UI improvements
- Security fixes

Lockees:
- Can join self created locks (currently find your lock on the discover page and join it just like any other lock)
- Can add time as long as a lock is still locked

Keyholder can now:
- see if a lock is ready to lock or unlocked (lockee saw combination)
- add or remove time
- show or hide the timer
- freeze or unfreeze
- unlock
Keyless

Post by Keyless »

On a timer of mine, I have to ask to be released and the timer was hidden. If the timer has expired I get released. If I ask too early I get punished with extra time. It have an option to add a fixed amount of time per attempt to unlock or double the time remaining. I could get really lost with that one and did not like to take any risk of asking for release early. I originally described the use of this in a post in this thread: viewtopic.php?t=14634&hilit=timer (11th post). Unfortunately I cannot use the system at the moment, but I hope the idea maybe of some use.
TanyaHumble

Post by TanyaHumble »

Looks promising, on English setting not all words are in English.
Visit if if have time to spare~
https://www.emlalock.com/#/f/bkz7kl1lue
ZestAngel

Post by ZestAngel »

@Keyless: Interesting idea...
@TanyaHumble: Thank you for this information. I'll fix this in an upcoming release

I just released an update with a few new features intended to make using this software easier.

By far the coolest new feature is that you can now copy the lock combination (combination or image) you used on an earlier lock that is now ready to unlock. This can save a lot of time if you want to play around more but with a different lock configuration or a different keyholder while keeping the lock in place. It removes the process of removing the lock, setting a new combination and so on.

Right now this feature leafs the lock you copied the combination from untouched. Ideally this lock would need to be frozen or more time added so you cant just look at the combination and have to wait for the new lock to open.

Full list of new features available now:

Lockee:
- Roll the dice
- Copy the combination for a new lock from an old one that is in the ready to unlock state
- Add combination instead of just image

Keyholder:
- Edit shared locks

Everyone:
- Event log
- Login with username (earlier only email worked as login)
- Search for locks by content in the title or description
- Search for locks created by a user using @username
- See all locks a user created when you click on the users username
- Stay logged in even after page refresh or when you come back later
TanyaHumble

Post by TanyaHumble »

Can't log in, can't retrieve the password, can't create a new account
Visit if if have time to spare~
https://www.emlalock.com/#/f/bkz7kl1lue
Kinbaku

Post by Kinbaku »

Shannon SteelSlave wrote: 15 Oct 2023, 07:50
ZestAngel wrote:I would be interested in that software development group.
Welcome to the Developers Group.
Somehow I missed your registration. :oops:
So a late welcome to BoundAnna and the development group, ZestAngel.
andresd

Post by andresd »

Interesting idea. I'd like to test, if you are not against.
I can even help with development, but this depends on what language and framework you are using.

As for now, no registration or login available -- console in web browser shows reason: "invalid credentials".
Hope this will help.
ZestAngel

Post by ZestAngel »

@andresed: I haven't really thought about having contributers at this point I'll DM you
@kinbaku: Thank you

Sorry for the inconveniences the login issues are fixed now. Registrations probably worked but then failed at the login stage so if you tried to register you can probably just login now.
Shannon SteelSlave

andresd wrote: 03 Mar 2024, 12:24 Interesting idea. I'd like to test, if you are not against.
I can even help with development, but this depends on what language and framework you are using.

As for now, no registration or login available -- console in web browser shows reason: "invalid credentials".
Hope this will help.
Would you like a membership in the Developers' club?
👠👠