Blindfold alternative

This is the place where you can share your thoughts on selfbondage with like minded people.
Louise_69

Blindfold alternative

Post by Louise_69 »

https://www.scleracontacts.com/product- ... k-contacts

These could be and interesting alternative :twisted:
Blacky

Re: Blindfold alternative

Post by Blacky »

I've tried similar lenses before and found them quite disappointing. They rather felt like sunglasses, not like a blindfold, despite the manufacturer explicitly claiming the opposite. :cry:
Of course results may vary with different manufacturers. Better luck than mine to anybody giving it a try. :hi:
If the doors of perception were cleansed everything would appear to man as it is, infinite. (W. Blake)
ruru67

Post by ruru67 »

Blacky wrote:I've tried similar lenses before and found them quite disappointing. They rather felt like sunglasses, not like a blindfold, despite the manufacturer explicitly claiming the opposite. :cry:
I bought black and white "blind" contacts, cheap things from AliExpress. The black ones are as described above - they're like very dark sunglasses, limiting what you can see, but by no means "blinding".

The white are a different story. You can not see through them; they're too diffuse. You can see dark or light, and can just see actual lights, but otherwise no detail whatsoever.

Not sure if it's a good idea to stack them....
bound_jenny

Post by bound_jenny »

Not a big fan of sticking anything in my eyes, especially non-prescription.

For that matter, even prescription contact lenses make my eyes constantly water, and extremely sensitive to light. When I did wear some, I couldn't go outside in daylight without very dark wraparound sunglasses (which helped also to prevent the lenses to fly off with the wind). At home I closed the blinds and drapes to keep it dark. I finally told the optometrist "Screw this, I want to go back to glasses".

Be careful and make sure that your lenses are clean and disinfected every time, like real contact lenses. Eye infections are nasty.

Jenny.
Helplessness is a doorway to the innermost reaches of the soul.
If my corset isn't tight, it just isn't right!
Kink is the spice of life!
Come to the Dark Side - we have cookies!
Shannon SteelSlave

Post by Shannon SteelSlave »

You also have to replace them frequently, even if not worn.
Bondage is like a foreign film without subtitles. Only through sharing and practice can we hope to understand.
A Jedi uses bondage for knowledge and defense, never for attack.
I am so smart! I am so smart! S-M-R-T!....I, I mean S-M-A-R-T!
👠👠
Lotharjulz

Post by Lotharjulz »

Last edited by Lotharjulz on 30 Jul 2023, 23:37, edited 1 time in total.
TNTBound

Post by TNTBound »

i have thought about those, but i have a hard time even getting an eyelash off my eye when i can see. i cant even imagine trying to get one of those off when i cant see. with a partner though, it could be awesome to wear those and not be able to do anything about it, but as someone who has never had contacts, the prospect of using them seems too risky to me to use them by myself.
For those that get it, no explanation is needed. For those that don't, no explanation is possible.
"Some men just want to watch the world burn" - i can relate to this more and more the older i get!
ruru67

Post by ruru67 »

I find them a massive pain in the arse to get in or out - but that's probably largely lack of practice, since I've never worn prescription contacts. As to putting them in your eyes - the things are just thin, shaped plastic film; there's not really a whole lot that can go wrong with them that wouldn't also happen with prescription lenses. I find there's a bit of itchiness and watering right after I've put them in, but that's probably more to do with the fumble-fingered process - after a couple of minutes of wearing them the only effect is the intended optical one.

I kinda want opaque lenses that have marked irises on them as well, so they are blinding but don't look like you're wearing them...
vm1971

Post by vm1971 »

Here are some other things that aren't explicitly blindfolds or hoods:

- eye cups (paint them black) - use adhesive method of your choosing
- tape your eyelids shut - apply vertically - doesn't need to be crazy strong adhesive
- Glad Press'N'Seal - cut to size
- adhesive eye patches. There are tons of designs including "flesh" tones so it'll look like you don't have eyes at all - this is probably the best and cleanest solution
- goggles (blacked out) but I think you're probably looking for something that doesn't wrap around your head although I'm sure you could figure a way to adhere them without the strap using glue of some sort kind of like the glasses Morpheus wore in The Matrix
- darkness - obvious huh? :)
Gregovic

Post by Gregovic »

The big problem I have with the blindfold contacts is that they usually come from untraceable sources with unknown quality control and unknown materials. Do they allow oxygen to the cornea (this is one of the main reasons modern contacts are far less irritating than the old ones)? Are they properly sterile? They'll probably be fine, but when I'm going to be sticking something in my eyes I want something better than "probably". The cleanliness requirements for stuff that goes in your eyes SHOULD be extremely high, but unfortunately this is not always the case. All it takes is one slip-up on the cleanliness somewhere in the production process and the consequences can be rather dire. I find the idea very intriguing but I don't think I'm ever going to take the risk of sticking those in my eyes. Everyone can make up their own mind, but I just want to give a warning.

And then once you use them, they need to be stored very cleanly in the right storage fluid (with the right preservatives, or using them again is going to be problematic. And if they are used infrequently, that fluid better get regularly replaced to keep things clean. Personally I feel like I'd probably have to treat them like single use items IF I were to ever use them, for which they are a bit too expensive for my tastes
How may I serve you? *Curtsey*
bound_jenny

Post by bound_jenny »

Gregovic wrote:They'll probably be fine, but when I'm going to be sticking something in my eyes I want something better than "probably". The cleanliness requirements for stuff that goes in your eyes SHOULD be extremely high, but unfortunately this is not always the case. All it takes is one slip-up on the cleanliness somewhere in the production process and the consequences can be rather dire.
Precisely. It couldn't be any better explained. 8)

Jenny.
Helplessness is a doorway to the innermost reaches of the soul.
If my corset isn't tight, it just isn't right!
Kink is the spice of life!
Come to the Dark Side - we have cookies!
JIMDINI

Post by JIMDINI »

vm1971 wrote:Here are some other things that aren't explicitly blindfolds or hoods:
And cotton wool makeup removal pads (nice and round), held in place by clear dressing strips are very effective.
Put on dark sunglasses, Hypafix transparent tape over a gagged mouth, and a coat over bound arms and knees and you can move your ,captive to and from cars and buildings in daylight.
Never confuse your ambitions with your abilities. If you can't free yourself, who will?
When your helpless, you have no choice but to wait.