Corona

Anything that does not fit any of the other categories.
JIMDINI

Re: Corona

Post by JIMDINI »

Oh dear,
I hope it is the milder Omicron and that you are back on your feet, crackin' the whip soon. :love: :love: :love:
Never confuse your ambitions with your abilities. If you can't free yourself, who will?
When your helpless, you have no choice but to wait.
Shannon SteelSlave

Post by Shannon SteelSlave »

bound_jenny wrote:Hi, guys...
Guess what my Christmas present was... COVID.
I feel like crap. Weak. Wobbly. Tired. Yesterday I couldn't stop coughing. Today is better but I'm weak as hell. Couldn't crack a whip if I tried.
I'll check in here once in a while - my Priority One is rest and staying hydrated.
Don't blow up my PM box with well-wishes - do it here if you want.
I'll hang in there if you do.
Jenny.
Get well soon. We'll be good, save any nutty ideas of mine for your return. (That accounts for approximately 75% of the chaos here)
It seems to me that the Omicron is very capable of working around the vaccine, so no need to feel guilty or irresponsible about proper prevention, anyone. The vaccine is still important to keep the other variants at bay.
As some of you may know, I was planning some downtime for myself. I will try to step up, and participate more than I was planning. I have taken measures to permit this, including PM box maintenance. So yeah, I totally get what a blown up PM box can mean. :wink: So if I said anything about PM in weeks past to anyone, please disregard. My door is open, as always.
Anyone else who is getting sick, I hear that bed rest is the best medicine, and if you're up to it, occasional friendly posting here. Otherwise, just rest. If your symptoms are unmanageable, the hospital has new treatments available. The holiday surge may very well making finding a hospital bed tricky, so try to have a contingency plan in place.
Stay safe, be brave, keep informed. Shannon salutes you. :hi:
Bondage is like a foreign film without subtitles. Only through sharing and practice can we hope to understand.
A Jedi uses bondage for knowledge and defense, never for attack.
I am so smart! I am so smart! S-M-R-T!....I, I mean S-M-A-R-T!
👠👠
Shannon SteelSlave

I didn't bother to post pre-holiday case numbers because of the availability and use of at home self test kits. I hope this means lower death numbers, as people who self diagnose also self quarantine.
Bondage is like a foreign film without subtitles. Only through sharing and practice can we hope to understand.
👠👠
ponylady

Post by ponylady »

Gegen well fast, jen.

You have won way bigger fights.

Keeping my fingers crossed there won‘t be any lingering effects.
[
bound_jenny

Post by bound_jenny »

Hi, again,

Better now than this morning when my arms and legs each felt like a ton of jelly. Shuffled around the house like an old lady (though it won't be long I'll be an old lady... :lol: ).

No longer coughing as much, very little in fact, but it makes my head hurt. And not much of an appetite. Today I ate an apple, a salad, and a couple of jam sandwiches. Funny thing is, when I ate the apple, it tasted nothing. I put a little sugar on a slice, nada, just more grit. Honey worked better, which gave me an idea. I took a large spoonful of honey and put that in my mouth. My sense of taste returned right there! The salad at lunch tasted great. Whodathunkit?

Also falling asleep at the drop of a hat. Any hat. Watching TV, surfing the Internet, reading... zzzzzz...

Something that also did me some good was pushing around the small amount snow on the walkways outside. Fresh air! Very good medicine.
ponylady wrote:You have won way bigger fights.
You got that right. That's what's keeping my morale up.

Thanks for all your kind wishes.
sickjenny.jpg
sickjenny.jpg (9.44 KiB) Viewed 624 times
Jenny.
Helplessness is a doorway to the innermost reaches of the soul.
If my corset isn't tight, it just isn't right!
Kink is the spice of life!
Come to the Dark Side - we have cookies!
anna
Site Admin

Post by anna »

bound_jenny wrote:Guess what my Christmas present was... COVID.
Best wishes for a mild Covid experience free from any lasting effects Jenny, get and stay well. :hi:
A glass of water longing for the ocean.
bounddosster

Post by bounddosster »

Jenny, I hope you get well quickly and are soon and back to feeling yourself.
That's my excuse and I'm sticking to it.
JIMDINI

Post by JIMDINI »

bounddosster wrote:Jenny, I hope you get well quickly and are soon and back to feeling yourself.
Or for that matter anyone else you want to feel :D
Attachments
Torture night .jpg
Never confuse your ambitions with your abilities. If you can't free yourself, who will?
When your helpless, you have no choice but to wait.
OrgasmAlley

Post by OrgasmAlley »

Important pre-print study on myocarditis out of the UK. The authors here responded to public requests to break out their data by sex and age after an earlier pre-print hit... and while the age breakout is very broad (<40, 40+) the data is pretty distinct. Men under 40 are at roughly 10x the risk of women of the same age. There's virtually no vaccine risk for those over 40. There's every suspicion than the concentrated peak of vaccine-induced myocarditis would be much more significant if the breakout included males aged 16-24 or so.

https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1101 ... 1.full.pdf

Key chart below, male <40. From left to right, 1st/2nd/3rd doses of AstraZeneca, Pflizer, and Moderna... followed by the rate for confirmed cases of COVID. 3rd dose data is minimal, especially for Moderna. Even with the COVID rate at least doubled (because actual cases are much higher than cases confirmed via testing), excess myocarditis following vaccination exceeds COVID for all 2nd doses, 3rd dose Pfizer, and 1st dose Moderna. The 2nd dose of Moderna is... extremely noticeable.

This certainly doesn't mean people should not get these vaccines. However, claims that the rate of myocarditis from COVID is higher than from vaccination, as a blanket statement, are clearly false. Given just this level of detail, every male under 40 should avoid Moderna in favor of AZ or Pfizer. One has to suspect that the CDC has been aware of this particular risk for quite some time given their access to data.

There's also separate data that indicates a longer time between doses one and two is associated with a reduced risk of myocarditis. The CDC is ignoring that, as well.
Attachments
Myocard_graph.jpg
ponylady

Post by ponylady »

Honey?

Makes sense, as it is known for its antiviral qualities.

Thanx for the linx, orgasmalley.

Though i have a problem with your presentation.

In the UK study the authors explizitly state that the risk of myocardities ASSOCIATED with (not proven to be induced by) vaccines (3 or 12 per 1 000 000 people vaccinated) is way less than that posed of suffering from myocardities due
Due to an infection of SARS-COV2.

Don‘t get me wrong; i appreciate your links (not for the 1st time). I probably wouldn‘t have stumbled
Upon this one without you.

But please try to not draw conclusions in the future, especially non peer reviewed papers with an
Unsure sigma-value.

You mesn well, but toomany people only read the „headline“ of your post.
[
Shannon SteelSlave

Now, now. I have always taken everyone's link posting here as a reflection of their own opinion and little more. This pandemic should teach us that over reacting at the mere mention of news is counter productive. I take this board, the National Public Radio, and everything else I hear/see with a grain of salt. (That adds up to a lot of salt). Every opinion is entitled, as I created this thread to encourage discussion and awareness, and to hear everyone's voice to take comfort in the fact that we are not alone in this fight.
On the other hand, I personally take great care in looking up information online after I have formed a semi-conclusion on my own. My experience is that if you go into your online research believing something, or wanting to believe it, you are bound to find articles that you agree with and thus, may give more credit to it than it deserves. I am not accusing anyone of anything absurd here, but I'll bet if you looked long and hard (giggity :rofl: ) enough, you could find an article that favours smoking as a health benefit.
"Many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view". “The truth is often what we make of it; you heard what you wanted to hear, believed what you wanted to believe.” (Obi Wan Kenobi, a long time ago in a galaxy far, far away)
star-wars-episode-6-luke-skywalker-obi-wan-1024x435.jpg
I have always felt that the internet exacerbates, and at times, even exploits this common human trait. I don't think I am telling you anything earth shattering here, but merely trying to remind you all to be aware of it.
Please take my advice with a grain of salt. But not too much salt. (We're all going to need a sodium reducing diet after this is all over) :roll:
Just my 2 grains of salt.
👠👠
Kinbaku

Post by Kinbaku »

Shannon SteelSlave wrote:Just my 2 grains of salt.
I would like to add my grain of salt: thanks to the artificial intelligence nowadays, you will always receive the same kind of information on the internet, so that you will ultimately not see messages that can convince you of the contrary.
bound_jenny

Post by bound_jenny »

Hi, all,

Well, today if I cough, my head doesn't hurt anymore. Mobility is much improved, but I still tend to fall asleep spontaneously. Watching TV or DVDs (binge watching Body of Proof, Bones, NCIS, Star Trek, etc,) nets me a lot more sleep than usual. Cats would envy me. Any more and bears will be knocking at the door asking for my secret... :lol:

But I am sleeping better at night.

Still a bit stuffy in the airways, but improving slowly. I don't feel like unholy crap like I did on Sunday. Appetite is still down but getting slightly better. I made myself a chicken soup yesterday with less noodles than usual but more spice. It woke me up. :shock:

On the bright side, once I'm through this, I'll have natural immunity that's far better than a vaccine that was formulated for the first variant and is basically out of date (I'm double vaccinated with Astra Zeneca, and I was waiting to be bureaucratically eligible for the booster). :roll:

Hanging in there.

Jenny.
Helplessness is a doorway to the innermost reaches of the soul.
If my corset isn't tight, it just isn't right!
Kink is the spice of life!
Come to the Dark Side - we have cookies!
OrgasmAlley

Post by OrgasmAlley »

ponylady wrote:In the UK study the authors explizitly state that the risk of myocardities ASSOCIATED with (not proven to be induced by) vaccines (3 or 12 per 1 000 000 people vaccinated) is way less than that posed of suffering from myocardities due to an infection of SARS-COV2.
While I don't agree with you as I parse the above, I do agree that there's a very valid point therein.

The risk of myocarditis in the 1-28 days following a vaccination is an association, measured as the excess number of events relative to baseline. Unlike what you seem to be saying above, that is true for both vaccination and COVID infection (while you emphasize "associated" in reference to vaccines, but then use "due to" for COVID). My use of "vaccine-induced" once in the first paragraph was very sloppy, and incorrect. The use of "associated" and "following" all of the other times is the way that too should have been worded. On balance, however, I think my presentation is accurate to the study.

I am not sure what explicit statement you are referencing. Perhaps you can quote it. My point above is that for males aged under 40, most vaccination points and options have a higher risk of associated myocarditis than COVID, even when the denominator for COVID is limited to confirmed cases instead of all cases. There's a chart displaying that taken directly from the study, above. In it you can see the excess myocarditis associated with vaccinations can be as high as 100 per million (for the 2nd Moderna), not 3-12.

Do you disagree with that observation? If not, based on what statement from the study?

I'm certainly willing to go further than the study. The Moderna second shot risk has basically disappeared in the 40+ male data, which indicates that the cutoff is above the age range where the risk is actually elevated. Other data seems to indicate the elevated risk of myocarditis focuses in the 16-24 ish ages, and I think it's a solid bet that the risk in this cohort is actually 3-5 times that registered for the <40 grouping. For the Moderna second shot, that's vastly higher than the excess myocarditis events associated with the COVID. Hopefully, the authors will publish more detailed analysis from their data, as I know has been requested of them.

Again, the point is that Moderna should be _disfavored_ for young men, because AZ and Pfizer have a _much lower risk_ of myocarditis following the second shot. Not that anyone should or should not get vaccinated over this concern.
ponylady

Post by ponylady »

@orgasmalley:

My only problem with your presentation is that you „real“ numbers, as in 1 of 100 vaxxes did
Lead to pain in the injection point, etc.everything with that virus is in flux scientifically; naturally
Since everything is uncharted territory.
I‘m german, and you may know that we have the loeest vax numbers in western europe.
So, i‘m really sensitive to a presentation that can be used out of context to further
Vax-scepticism or denial.

It was nothing personal
[