ankle ties

"Normal bondage" with a partner. Post here if your post do not fit the selfbondage threads.
Misa

ankle ties

Post by Misa »

just a quick question. i've been seeing a lot of pics on tumblr of cross tied ankles. is this just a "cosmetic" more comfy tie? or is there sometihng about it that i'm missing?
JIMDINI

Re: ankle ties

Post by JIMDINI »

Cross tied ankles make standing up difficult, even impossible. it also tends to force the knees apart.
Never confuse your ambitions with your abilities. If you can't free yourself, who will?
When your helpless, you have no choice but to wait.
Misa

Post by Misa »

thank you. was kinda thinking that way :)
MSpike

Post by MSpike »

Crossed ankles can also be pulled higher in a hog tie, and if the knees are spread and the legs flattened (ankles on top of each other), it's much harder for the sub to turn over.
tinatiedup

Post by tinatiedup »

I would say crossed ankles are more comfortable, as long as you aren't trying to stand.

It stops the ankle bones from being grinding against each other, and for people with a penis, forces the knees open a bit which gives the penis some room.

Crossed wrists are much more comfortable than parallel wrists in almost all positions. I've started tying crossed wrists almost exclusively except when the discomfort is intentional (eg. strappado). If I want to play with discomfort somewhere, I'll make sure the bondage is comfortable everywhere else, so the bottom's mind can be focused on just the discomfort, which intensifies the sensation. Usually that means tying crossed wrists (or box tie).
Old Timer

Post by Old Timer »

Crossing the ankles and then securing each foot to the closest calf adds a whole new dimension in restricting mobility. In a hog tie it adds a new level of difficulty in the long crawl.
"Everything is relative to the observer"
"You don't get to be old by being a fool"
dsteve

Post by dsteve »

It stops the ankle bones from being grinding against each other,
I agree with tieduptina. Used to have a piece of foam padding that I used between ankles. Allowed feet to be tied more tightly together without the pain of ankle bones grinding. Without the padding I liked tying ankles with a figure 8 kind of wrap with the rope.