The difference between playing solo and with a partner

"Normal bondage" with a partner. Post here if your post do not fit the selfbondage threads.
KinkInSpace

The difference between playing solo and with a partner

Post by KinkInSpace »

Most of us play solo. And most of us who do, would love to play with a partner too.

There are a few things people don't realize that is very different when playing solo compared to playing with a partner.

I've decided to post this here because it may help those that play with a less experienced partner for the first time.

The differences are listed here between playing solo and with a partner. Some are obvious, others aren't:
- A partner can always free you at any time in case of an emergency. You alone cannot always do this.
- A partner can always act after you have passed out. It should not come to this, but at least it is good to realize.
- A partner can play mindgames with you. You will always know exactly what you think of.
- A partner can correct any mistake at any time. If you make a mistake at any time, it can mean the end of the session.
- When pain is involved: When playing solo, you can withstand much more pain because you can anticipate the pain.
- When a partner adds painful stimuli such as e-stim, they will always cause more pain than playing solo, yet your body can tolerate this. (partially due to the previous point)
- A partner will be able to think of things you hadn't thought of, enhancing the experience. Give them the freedom to do so.
- A partner has different needs to be pleased than your own. See above point.
- A partner will get you into positions you simply cannot get into solo.
- A partner can decide you have not been punished enough and even if you really want to stop, the game goes on.
- A partner may not be in the mood to play. Don't force them. You aren't always in the mood either.
- A partner may take things too literally (on purpose or not), so be sure to tell them what you really want. Solo you know exactly what you want.
- You know exactly what you don't want. Don't make your partner guess or find out by trial and error. Use safe words if necessary.
- Your partner has different limits than you and may not realize you can take far more or far less.
- You cannot substitute a partner or aspects of it by any means. Even though adding random delays and other random settings may allow you to take away the anticipation, there's always the fear of doing it too much. This is good, because doing it too much can kill you. Because you cannot, you should not.

Do you have anything to add? Feel free to reply.
Formally known as Slave_L.
I'm not yet very comfortable expressing my love for kink from my private life. I will therefor hide behind my username KinkInSpace and not allow any connections to who I really am. I'm sure you'll understand.
tinatiedup

Re: The difference between playing solo and with a partner

Post by tinatiedup »

I have also switched to playing with partners a while ago. It's much safer and so so much more fun.

My post about it:
http://forum.boundanna.net/board/viewto ... 14&t=10066