Its a Man's World VS. Bondage World

"Normal bondage" with a partner. Post here if your post do not fit the selfbondage threads.
napy666

Its a Man's World VS. Bondage World

Post by napy666 »

I am watching that TV show Maury, and these men say that women are on this Earth to obey men and do what they say or else. One of the men saying that women are here to cook, clean, and have sex. If the women disobey the men will beat them, give them rules of what to wear, when to watch TV, when to go out, listen to their phone calls, going to the bathroom with the door open, etc.

Why are there men like this and how is this treatment different from BDSM and Bondage treatment?
JIMDINI

Re: Its a Man's World VS. Bondage World

Post by JIMDINI »

Hopefully BDSM and specifically bondage (what we are here for), is by mutual consent, allowing any female participant to set the rules they want, not what the male wants them to obey.
As a male I consider men who have to control a woman to the extent you describe as people to be pity. Obviously being so insecure in themselves they try to compensate by demeaning others.
Never confuse your ambitions with your abilities. If you can't free yourself, who will?
When your helpless, you have no choice but to wait.
KinkInSpace

Post by KinkInSpace »

Believe it or not, but keeping BDSM out of the scenario, there are females who look for a male that takes control.

These are usually due to events happened in the past that makes them really insecure or they always had to do what other people say so they don't know how to please themselves. They don't enjoy it, but they don't know anything else either.

Lets say, when you were young, whenever you wanted to say something, you were told to keep your mouth shut. From age 8 to 14 you kept your mouth shut most of the time and only spoke when you were spoken to.

As a result, you basically have learned that you are not to speak unless you have permission, and when you meet a partner you will not speak to them unless they speak to you first. When they tell you that its okay to speak, it feels wrong to you and out of frustration the first relationships like this fail. As a result you look for someone that treats you like you're used to and because there are people like that, you will find someone, thus you keep the "problem" in the world. Only once you start to think about it and figure out that it is not normal, only then will you be able to stand up. Its a psychological thing.
Formally known as Slave_L.
I'm not yet very comfortable expressing my love for kink from my private life. I will therefor hide behind my username KinkInSpace and not allow any connections to who I really am. I'm sure you'll understand.
bound_jenny

Post by bound_jenny »

napy666 wrote:women are on this Earth to obey men and do what they say or else
In their dreams. Did they mention what the address is for their cave? :roll:
napy666 wrote:One of the men saying that women are here to cook, clean, and have sex
I like cooking, I want to have a tidy place, and sex is always fun - especially kinky sex. But none of the above is an obligation.
napy666 wrote:If the women disobey the men will beat them, give them rules of what to wear, when to watch TV, when to go out, listen to their phone calls, going to the bathroom with the door open, etc.
Abuse? Over the top control? Seriously? The former is illegal and the latter is just stupid. It reminds me of some fundamentalist mentality that I won't go into.
napy666 wrote:Why are there men like this and how is this treatment different from BDSM and Bondage treatment?
Why are there still men like that? Because some still have their brains and balls stuck in the stone age (in many cases the balls are the larger of these organs). The cave thing. And it's self-perpetuating - it gets transmitted from generation to generation. So long as there are no women who stand up and rebel against the abusive behavior, it will continue. The antidote to this: education and liberty. Knowledge and the freedom to express it are the great liberators of any society.

How is this treatment different from what we do? Simple: we can turn it off whenever we want. It has limits determined by both parties. Everything is consensual and can be stopped anytime. Either partner can be the dominant, or switch places. It's sane and in a couple, it's based on the love between the two partners. The aim is to satisfy both partners, not just one. It's unselfish. It's not based on violence, just tender cruelty, between two consenting, conscious adults who know what they're doing and know when to stop.

For us, it's a game, it's play, it's fun. For the cave types, it's serious, certainly not playful and no fun is involved - definitely not for the recipients of this reprehensible conduct.

Jenny.
Helplessness is a doorway to the innermost reaches of the soul.
If my corset isn't tight, it just isn't right!
Kink is the spice of life!
Come to the Dark Side - we have cookies!
Sir Cumference

Post by Sir Cumference »

The main difference IMHO:

Consenting adults

And I mean real consent, not consent as in "it is my religion/culture/they say it has to be like this".

It is the difference between "partner" and "serf".
~ Leatherworking, blacksmithing , woodworking and programming are the most pervertable skills you can learn! ~
napy666

Post by napy666 »

Oh I see what you mean.