Newbie heels question

Crossdressing as a part of or type of selfbondage.
Melissa Melons

Newbie heels question

Post by Melissa Melons »

I'm going to purchase my first pair of heels today but I'm not sure whether to go for a pair of four inch open toes or two inch court shoes?

The last time I wore heels was 30 years ago but I have no idea what height they were and besides I was a lot fitter and supple back then!

I intend to lock them on and wear for at least a few hours while doing my chores as a maid and my obvious choice is the four inch sandals, but will they be practical? It goes without saying that I don't expect (or wish) to be comfortable but I don't want it to be the case that I'm immobile for hours (well that will happen as well, but I want that to be of my own making!)

I'm size 10uk and both pairs are the same if that has any relevance.
Gregovic

Re: Newbie heels question

Post by Gregovic »

That really depends on you and is hard to answer as an outsider. For practical "walking for hours without too much bother" the 2 inch courts would be much easier to handle. There is plenty of people that could do it in 4 inch heels to but, for several reasons, I'm not one of them. If you really want the I'm clearly wearing heels feeling and be reminded of that every step, then the 4 inch heels would be the way to go.
How may I serve you? *Curtsey*
Melissa Melons

Post by Melissa Melons »

Thank you. I want to be "bothered" and reminded. And I don't expect to be able to do a days housework the first time I put them on either. I just don't want to put them on and be in unintentional self bondage!
But you make it sound like I could manage.
Gregovic

Post by Gregovic »

For me the 4inch heels are the limit of what I can practically walk in and do anything. So I think 4 inch heels, if they fit well and stay on your feet should be managable yes.
Sergio

Post by Sergio »

Go for the larger heels but don't set yourself too ambitious a target time for the first wear. If you're locking them on with keys under the control of a timer you can always start the session again if you didn't feel sufficiently challenged.

Don't forget to go for a size larger than you normally wear, two sizes if you have wide feet. You can always tighten the straps or put a liner in if you find them loose but too tight and they just won't be wearable. (Guess how I know this?)
kinbaku

Post by kinbaku »

If you still have old shoes lying around, you can also make heels from wood that you systematically saw shorter until you find the right size in which you can easily stay in for a few hours.
That way you have the right size that you can buy.
Melissa Melons

Post by Melissa Melons »

Well in the end I bought a pair of size 12 court shoes with four inch heels. I cannot wait for them to arrive! Thanks for the advice, I'll be sure to let you know how I get on
Natasha Belle

Post by Natasha Belle »

Sergio wrote:Go for the larger heels but don't set yourself too ambitious a target time for the first wear. If you're locking them on with keys under the control of a timer you can always start the session again if you didn't feel sufficiently challenged.

Don't forget to go for a size larger than you normally wear, two sizes if you have wide feet. You can always tighten the straps or put a liner in if you find them loose but too tight and they just won't be wearable. (Guess how I know this?)
Melissa Melons wrote:Well in the end I bought a pair of size 12 court shoes with four inch heels. I cannot wait for them to arrive! Thanks for the advice, I'll be sure to let you know how I get on
That's great advice Sergio Thank You from me too. :hi:

I'll let you be the test subject as I'm about to try real heels for the first time too. :D I'm also a UK10 may I ask what you're getting out of interest, I promise not to clash :rofl:
Natybound

Post by Natybound »

Melissa Melons wrote:I'm going to purchase my first pair of heels today but I'm not sure whether to go for a pair of four inch open toes or two inch court shoes?

The last time I wore heels was 30 years ago but I have no idea what height they were and besides I was a lot fitter and supple back then!

I intend to lock them on and wear for at least a few hours while doing my chores as a maid and my obvious choice is the four inch sandals, but will they be practical? It goes without saying that I don't expect (or wish) to be comfortable but I don't want it to be the case that I'm immobile for hours (well that will happen as well, but I want that to be of my own making!)

I'm size 10uk and both pairs are the same if that has any relevance.
Hi Melissa. Open toes can definitely be a little more comfortable than court shoes, although what will cause you the most discomfort will be high heels, especially if you have spent a long time not wearing them. Maybe it's better to start with something lower. In these links you can get information that may be useful to you:

How to find your first pair of heels
Tips for walking in heels
vm1971

Post by vm1971 »

The bigger the shoe size, the less angle a high heel will have to cause you suffering.

I like to shop with my eyes and suffer with my feet. Mind you, I'm not really on my feet that long before getting into a hogtie.
BoundInKasugai

Post by BoundInKasugai »

And, how did it work out in the end? Hopefully you got the size right!

Strappy high heel sandals and opting for a slightly larger size might be a good start. Also, keep in mind that it is not just the height of the heel, bit also the width. Very thin stilleto heels are much less stable, maybe start with some wedges instead?
kinbaku

Post by kinbaku »

BoundInKasugai wrote:Very thin stilleto heels are much less stable, maybe start with some wedges instead?
Or use my spreader plank to practice balancing. If necessary, hold on to the back of a chair. You cannot fall backwards or forwards like this. :)
BoundInKasugai, I hope Melissa is still watching so she sees your message. :hi:
Shannon SteelSlave

Post by Shannon SteelSlave »

kinbaku wrote:I hope Melissa is still watching so she sees your message. :hi:
Does Bound Anna have a setting to email alerts when watched threads show activity? Either way, remember that any question asked, that is answered any time in the future may help someone or everyone else in the more distant future.
Bondage is like a foreign film without subtitles. Only through sharing and practice can we hope to understand.
A Jedi uses bondage for knowledge and defense, never for attack.
I am so smart! I am so smart! S-M-R-T!....I, I mean S-M-A-R-T!
👠👠
Lisahs3

Post by Lisahs3 »

Shannon SteelSlave wrote:
kinbaku wrote:I hope Melissa is still watching so she sees your message. :hi:
Does Bound Anna have a setting to email alerts when watched threads show activity? Either way, remember that any question asked, that is answered any time in the future may help someone or everyone else in the more distant future.
Yes there is I get emails if someone replies to me. I don't know if you can turn it off though lol. I am hopeless at anything technical.

I just read that link about how to walk in heels. God where was this when I was growing up? I remember wearing my mums shoes when I was little. Obviously they were too big for me but I wanted to be like her.
I think I got my first proper heels when I was 10 or 12 I'm not sure. Well they were not real heels more like little court shoes with a one or two inch heel. I remember trying to walk downstair in them for the first time. I put them on in my bedroom I could not wait.
Heels on carpet the heel tip can catch on the carpet and I nearly fell down the stairs. I hung onto the banister rail for dear life. My mum just laughed she said I looked so scared. I did feel like a proper grown up in them though.

Sorry that was all really off topic.

Lisa
Gregovic

Post by Gregovic »

Stairs are still pretty scary for me. I destroyed a pair of heels (and NEARLY myself) at one point when the heel caught trying to step down, I lost my balance and rammed the heel on the edge of the step above a second time trying to get it under me. Took the heel nearly completely off the shoe. Managed to catch myself against the wall and very carefully get myself back under control. Needed a bit of a sit down after that to calm my nerves. Luckily my stairs weren't carpeted yet so didn't do any bad damage in that regard. The combo of heels and floor length dresses is even more "fun" :shock:. Definitely need to be careful about lifting the dress with one hand (Front of the skirt when going up, back of the skirt when going down) and holding the rail with the other.