It's a medical device!

Chastity is perhaps the ultimate in long term selfbondage.
sweh

It's a medical device!

Post by sweh »

Once a year, as part of my annual medical checkup, my doctor wants me to have a number of blood tests (just standard ones). One of these is the PSA (Prostate Specific Antigen) test, which is theoretically meant to help detect prostate cancer... or perhaps just enlarged prostates. It's questionable how useful this PSA test is...

Over the past couple of years the numbers have been going up, and the doctor started to get worried, so he had me do an extra PSA test midyear.

Now I did some reading and another reason for elevated PSA numbers can be if you've recently ejaculated. I tend to masturbate 2 or 3 times a week before going to sleep. So for the midyear I abstained for a few days. And magically the numbers dropped a lot, to a safe level.

Tomorrow I plan on doing the yearly test. And, of course, I'm horny as hell and want to tie myself up and... well, y'know. Just reading some of the threads here and googling "self bondage leotard" almost caused me to lose control.

So I locked myself up. For medical reasons. My CB is a medical device!

I wonder if I could claim it as a medical expense for tax purposes... :rofl:
bound_jenny

Re: It's a medical device!

Post by bound_jenny »

sweh wrote:So I locked myself up. For medical reasons. My CB is a medical device!

I wonder if I could claim it as a medical expense for tax purposes... :rofl:
A darn good thing I wasn't in the middle of a sip of coffee. You just found a new way of "screwing over" the tax man... :rofl:

You could market your own brand of chastity belt (for big $$$, but call it something else than a chastity belt - people might get turned off by the idea that they can't have sexual gratification) as a non-prescription semi-medical device to "prevent prostate problems"... heck, people have marketed all sorts of quack snake oil pills that can (not intended to diagnose, treat or cure) help alleviate any problem from astigmatism to zona, on far less evidence than your experience.

As they say, have boiler room, will sell quack stuff. :mrgreen:

Hope your PSA test goes well. As for its usefulness, it's been shown of late that a *lot* of medical testing doesn't really help anyone and can just get the patient stressed out over what could be a false positive, or a positive that doesn't actually mean anything.

Jenny.
Helplessness is a doorway to the innermost reaches of the soul.
If my corset isn't tight, it just isn't right!
Kink is the spice of life!
Come to the Dark Side - we have cookies!
CD Tammy

Post by CD Tammy »

It helps prevent blindness now can I use my FSA funds to buy it?
bound_jenny

Post by bound_jenny »

CD Tammy wrote:It helps prevent blindness now can I use my FSA funds to buy it?
Around here they say it makes you deaf. :rofl:

Jenny.
Hairy Sub

Post by Hairy Sub »

bound_jenny wrote: Around here they say it makes you deaf.
PARDON?
bound_jenny

Post by bound_jenny »

Hairy Sub wrote:
bound_jenny wrote: Around here they say it makes you deaf.
PARDON?
Now we know what you're doing in your spare time. :rofl:

Jenny.
sweh

Post by sweh »

So...

Yes, I have an enlarged prostate. That's caused a lot of PSA issues.

But, also...yes... I have prostate cancer "gleason score 6"

The CB didn't help :-(
bound_jenny

Post by bound_jenny »

sweh wrote: I have prostate cancer "gleason score 6"
That sucks. :cry:

On the other hand, a Gleason score of 6 is about the lowest grade of cancer you have have in the prostate. Grade 6 cancers tend to not grow or spread rapidly and are well differentiated and thus quite easily operable, either by radiosurgery or cyberknife or something like that, which are minimally invasive surgeries.

So there is hope.

Take care. :love:

Jenny.
Gregovic

Post by Gregovic »

sweh wrote:So...

Yes, I have an enlarged prostate. That's caused a lot of PSA issues.

But, also...yes... I have prostate cancer "gleason score 6"

The CB didn't help :-(
That sucks Sweh, here's hoping it'll react well to treatment and you'll be done with it soon.
How may I serve you? *Curtsey*
sweh

Post by sweh »

bound_jenny wrote:
sweh wrote: I have prostate cancer "gleason score 6"
On the other hand, a Gleason score of 6 is about the lowest grade of cancer you have have in the prostate. Grade 6 cancers tend to not grow or spread rapidly and are well differentiated and thus quite easily operable, either by radiosurgery or cyberknife or something like that, which are minimally invasive surgeries.
In this case, of the 12 samples, only 5% of one sample showed any sign of cancerous cells.

Now that can be a sampling issue where other cancerous areas weren't hit, or it could just mean that this has only just started and it's early days.

Treatment at this stage isn't advised; basically the doctor said that for my numbers, 100 people treated and 100 people not treated would result in equal outcomes.

So it's monitoring. Which'll probably mean more biopsies in upcoming years. Which, literally, is a pain in the arse!

So it's not bad bad news. Just stuff I didn't need on top of the world crap and other stresses!
kinbaku

Post by kinbaku »

sweh wrote:So it's monitoring. Which'll probably mean more biopsies in upcoming years. Which, literally, is a pain in the arse!
So it's not bad bad news. Just stuff I didn't need on top of the world crap and other stresses!
I understand. :(
Continue to be checked regularly. It is rather "good" that you know in time. Better than that if it's too late. My mother had a cancer on her shoulder when she was 26 years old. She was able to treat them in time, under radiation for years (at that time, this was the only thing they did). She was 97 years old when she died. Not of cancer, but of old age.