Let's save Bound Anna. Who's with me?

Post your feedback, thoughts, questions and ideas on the main site here.
Shannon SteelSlave

Let's save Bound Anna. Who's with me?

Post by Shannon SteelSlave »

After some careful consideration, I have decided that it is important to learn what makes a forum work, generates revenue, ect. So if anyone can tell me, perhaps I can modify my posting to help in that effect. More profound words to follow, after I digest everyone's input.
Bondage is like a foreign film without subtitles. Only through sharing and practice can we hope to understand.
A Jedi uses bondage for knowledge and defense, never for attack.
I am so smart! I am so smart! S-M-R-T!....I, I mean S-M-A-R-T!
👠👠
tiemeupalso

Re: Let's save Bound Anna. Who's with me?

Post by tiemeupalso »

anna,i didn't know you needed saving
thatthat21

Post by thatthat21 »

This is the problem of running any website. It really comes down to who wants to front the money to keep it running and why.

Why there are a lot of people that come to this site everyday, to learn and talk with like minded people. Is there other places online we could do this yes, but at the same time no. The range of topics that get covered here I have not seen on some of the other sites.

ADs? Sure that is one way to try and help, but really can be just as much of a pain. The Big guys are not really going to like what we talk about here so they might block you from hosting their ads on here. The small guys will nickel and dime you to death, and just be a headache more than anything.

membership dues? Think that too many people would not want to pay, heck sites like FL most people do not pay anything, some do for extras but still mostly making money from ads more than members.

Donations, again could work. Some people can give more than others and it lets the people who really want to keep the site going an option to put money behind it. Only thing with this is that people who put money in think they should get a say in how it is spent so make sure it is noted that it is a donation and you get no vote, unless you want them to.

I know I pointed out a lot of different things, and they all have good and bad.

Just need to find out what works for the active masses I guess.
anna
Site Admin

Post by anna »

Running any website like this comes with a number of issues. Time, energy, money and risk. The pressing issue right now is money. Yes, someone must front the money and bear the risks.
(Really, the biggest issue of all s the time and energy needed to keep things running. I am happy as pancakes that BA has a wonderful moderating team who makes it all possible.)

BA is in serious trouble and its trouble has grown during a long time. The financing model of this site relies 100% on that irritating advertising you can see everywhere. BA gets absolutely nothing for pestering you with it. The way they work is if someone actually clicks them AND pay for joining the website they advertise BA will get a part* of that money and will continue to get money for every month that that particular someone stays a paying member of said websitesite. This is a very easy and functioning way to finance a site like this. Someone signs up to a different site that he/she likes and pay the normal price for doing so while also supporting BA. It is naturally 100% anonymous as well as BA have no idea who the supporter is and the supporter do not need the banking details of BA. The problem we have is that there are fewer and fewer transactions like this taking place and it is leaving a growing black hole in the finances. I will do my best to keep this site running for 2020 but I am not in a personal position where I can continue to do so.

(*Affiliate agreements generally forbid me say how many percent BA gets from the total payment but it is enough o make it a very good and anonymous way to donate money indirectly if you consider fees and complications when doing it any other way.)

How about selling advertising spots? Good question. BA can not at this time sell any advertising spots. Wait, what you ask. Yes, it might seem strange but there is a clear difference in how any money is made. Selling advertising is actively selling something while using affiliate links produces passive commissions. This website is run and always has been run in a passive form that does not really allow it to make any profits or do any business. BA naturally declares all income and costs to the tax office each year in accordance with the law.
A glass of water longing for the ocean.
Riddle

Post by Riddle »

Wow, this is most disappointing. Count me in on the Save Bound Anna Committee. I have Christmas cookies.
Resident timer maker. :hi:
Let’s make timers together!
Shannon SteelSlave

I know only a few things right now. I am feeling about as foolish as FN2187 when he dared Kylo Ren.
I will go forth with my plan I am working on with a new partner. I am still very open to helping or advising on other ideas, please, everyone, keep them coming. We have attracted the attention of Anna herself, so anything can be a new idea, or a spring board to an idea. To protect our way of life.
I have never mistaken foolishness for stupidity. So here is my way of saying:
Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (32.92 KiB) Viewed 5169 times
Bondage is like a foreign film without subtitles. Only through sharing and practice can we hope to understand.
👠👠
Keyless

Post by Keyless »

Is it possible to have some idea of the finance required? Is it tens, hundreds or thousands of £/$?
Shannon SteelSlave

Thanx for asking Keyless. Can your invention of the electronic lock shield aid our secret-evil plan in some way?
👠👠
anna
Site Admin

Post by anna »

Keyless wrote:Is it possible to have some idea of the finance required? Is it tens, hundreds or thousands of £/$?
The total cash costs directly involved in keeping the BA sites running is in the hundreds of EUR per year and it varies quite a lot from year to year depending on when things has to be renewed.
Shannon SteelSlave

anna wrote:
Keyless wrote:Is it possible to have some idea of the finance required? Is it tens, hundreds or thousands of £/$?
The total cash costs directly involved in keeping the BA sites running is in the hundreds of EUR per year and it varies quite a lot from year to year depending on when things has to be renewed.
Can anyone tell me if that is a lot in .......American? We're on the case.
👠👠
anna
Site Admin

Post by anna »

Shannon SteelSlave wrote:Can anyone tell me if that is a lot in .......American? We're on the case.
EUR to USD, it is about the same.
lj

Post by lj »

I helped start a kink website a few years ago - so I put some cash in, as did a few others. We needed around £300. Those of us who put money in did not ask for any special status, I think two or three of us, me included, were moderators, but that had been arranged before the funding was discussed. Sadly the site folded after a few months, due to lack of support (no traffic, few posts, few active members - not a money problem)

That's one way.

I'm a member of a non-kink site (shock !), we have a "donate" button and that allows anyone to anonymously donate any amount they wish via PayPal, either as a one-off or a monthly payment, direct into the site PayPal account.

I think that is the better way.

The big problem is too many people want, want ,want everything for free, and no desire to actually contribute, whether it is money or simply posting - it is content that makes this site so good, so all you guys who read but never post, start posting! And if we go down the "donate" route, splash the cash!!!
be a switch, double the fun :-)
Shannon SteelSlave

I can assure you, this place has the posts and popularity to survive, and that is what could garner member donations. But before I go door to door collecting (not a first time for me in charity work), just now that we have members up to no good here, working on the problem. When we have it finished, or need advice, we'll be contacting you. So everyone, please enjoy your holiday. The way I see it, this is only half time. Jenny's goal of 16,000 posts is only half done. I may be more evil than Darth Vader by that time, and when the danger signs arise again, I will be ready then, to strike them down. May the force be with us all.
👠👠
Blacky

Post by Blacky »

lj wrote:...

we have a "donate" button and that allows anyone to anonymously donate any amount they wish via PayPal, either as a one-off or a monthly payment, direct into the site PayPal account.

I think that is the better way.
That seems to be the way to do it, imho.
Maybe there's an option to let those, who donated have a little something in return. Nothing that would produce any cost obviously. I'm rather thinking of an additional colour for the meber names, yielding something like:

Red -> Admin
Green -> Moderator
Blue -> Member
Orange -> Supporter

Just my 2 ct.

Hoping for the best,

Blacky :hi:
If the doors of perception were cleansed everything would appear to man as it is, infinite. (W. Blake)
Keyless

Post by Keyless »

Shannon SteelSlave wrote:Thanx for asking Keyless. Can your invention of the electronic lock shield aid our secret-evil plan in some way?
If you really think it might help, that's great. Reading your post under DIY, I think the idea is to see whether there is a market for these things. Unfortunately, using 3D printing on a hobby machine, at medium quality, they take about two and a half hours. If they are mass produced and they don't sell it could be an expensive mistake. I'm still thinking about it, but I'm forbidden to do any more until after Christmas. She will get very annoyed if I argue about locking my CB and She has the key!