DIY itching powder

Ideas and instructions how you can make your own bondage toys.
ticklishbondageboi92

DIY itching powder

Post by ticklishbondageboi92 »

Howdy fellow kinksters :D

So I was browsing this forum late last night (as you do) and I came across someone’s scenario for self bondage, well an element of that peaked my interest and well I kinda want to adapt for my future first ever self-session

And as the title says it’s itch powder made from rose hips, my questions are thus

* can you buy whole rose hips with the seed included? (Since apparently the seeds have the hairs needed) and if so, is there a certain brand that is best or just any that pops up from amazon?

* how much powder do you need to feel anything? - like is it super intense or quite weak?

* could one use a herb grinder instead of a blender? (Herb grinder as in totally not a weed grinder)

* and finally, could you mix it with baby oil or does the powder need to go on dry?

Thanks for reading :D
Shannon SteelSlave

Re: DIY itching powder

Post by Shannon SteelSlave »

The joke shop stuff, which has undisclosed ingredients to induce dermatitis, only seems to work on clothed skin, that is, it bonds to the fabric, and as it slides around, feels like micro needles stabbing you, not at all intense, a nuisance really, not kinky for me at all. I kind of gave up with this type of play, so if your research turns up something in the mild to tolerable range, please let us now. I would also want an instant "cure", in case I changed my mind, but maybe make it so I would pay a price to unlock it?
Bondage is like a foreign film without subtitles. Only through sharing and practice can we hope to understand.
A Jedi uses bondage for knowledge and defense, never for attack.
I am so smart! I am so smart! S-M-R-T!....I, I mean S-M-A-R-T!
👠👠
ticklishbondageboi92

Shannon SteelSlave wrote:The joke shop stuff, which has undisclosed ingredients to induce dermatitis, only seems to work on clothed skin, that is, it bonds to the fabric, and as it slides around, feels like micro needles stabbing you, not at all intense, a nuisance really, not kinky for me at all. I kind of gave up with this type of play, so if your research turns up something in the mild to tolerable range, please let us now. I would also want an instant "cure", in case I changed my mind, but maybe make it so I would pay a price to unlock it?
Guess I shall do some experimenting then, there’s hardly anything on google about it so yeh lol

See the original idea for me was since I’m quite ticklish I thought putting itching powder on my feet could be fun, but I’d want it to be kinda a strongish sensation, something that starts off easy/uncomfortable but over time becomes less tolerable till eventually all you can think about is unlocking and stopping the itch lol

So as I say, I’ll order some rosehip and don teh lab coat in the name of science and perversion :)
Shannon SteelSlave

I am sure many will appreciate it, as this type of play is probably tricky. The threshold between "too mild to care" and "Whoooooaaa, get it off! Get it off" seems thin.
Bondage is like a foreign film without subtitles. Only through sharing and practice can we hope to understand.
👠👠
ticklishbondageboi92

Shannon SteelSlave wrote:I am sure many will appreciate it, as this type of play is probably tricky. The threshold between "too mild to care" and "Whoooooaaa, get it off! Get it off" seems thin.
It wouldn’t be my first disaster, I once had an accident with deep heat and deep freeze, moral of the story is, stick with minty toothpaste or that mint shower gel stuff
vm1971

Post by vm1971 »

ticklishbondageboi92 wrote:See the original idea for me was since I’m quite ticklish I thought putting itching powder on my feet could be fun, but I’d want it to be kinda a strongish sensation, something that starts off easy/uncomfortable but over time becomes less tolerable till eventually all you can think about is unlocking and stopping the itch lol

So as I say, I’ll order some rosehip and don teh lab coat in the name of science and perversion :)
Ticklish and itchy are not the same things... Are you turned on my mosquito bites that you can't scratch?

I like the idea of itching powder on an unsuspecting victim but I think the reality is a letdown.
lj

Post by lj »

A friend of mine is rather fond of nettles - she likes the way they keep reminding her of their presence, even after they have been removed!

Not the same as itching powder but you could set up an interesting predicament. for example you are linked to a rope stretched between two fixed points, with nettles tied along the rope. Of course you would have to be naked, and with legs either side of the rope, ankles chained with a link to stop you getting off the rope, and cuffed. :twisted:
be a switch, double the fun :-)
ticklishbondageboi92

lj wrote:A friend of mine is rather fond of nettles - she likes the way they keep reminding her of their presence, even after they have been removed!

Not the same as itching powder but you could set up an interesting predicament. for example you are linked to a rope stretched between two fixed points, with nettles tied along the rope. Of course you would have to be naked, and with legs either side of the rope, ankles chained with a link to stop you getting off the rope, and cuffed. :twisted:
Sounds hot :P - think you just wanna get me naked though haha
ticklishbondageboi92

so i got some rosehips today, i got mine from amazon: • Whole Rosehips 500g (Buy Whole Foods Online Ltd.)

a totally not a weed grinder works to crush them but is quite slow and can only do one at a time, so i opted to putting some rose hips in a plastic bag and gently using a hammer to crush them, once crushed you can use a tea strainer to filter the hairs from the seeds and other material (the hairs is what we're interested in)

a single rose hip gives a small amount of hairs (as pictured below)

https://ticklishbondageboi92.s3.amazonaws.com/1.JPG

https://ticklishbondageboi92.s3.amazonaws.com/2.JPG

and here's the finished product after crushing around 10 grams of rose hips

https://ticklishbondageboi92.s3.amazonaws.com/3.JPG

https://ticklishbondageboi92.s3.amazonaws.com/4.JPG

after your done straining the hairs the leftover material can be used to make a rather nice tea that is infused with vitamin c

https://ticklishbondageboi92.s3.amazonaws.com/5.JPG

so now here's the results from my testing

[*] applying the hairs dry to dry skin gives a slight tingle, the tingle stops when you wet the area with plain tap water, tingle stops on its own after afew minutes
[*] applying the hairs wet to dry skin does nothing
[*] scratching the area where the hairs were applied does nothing
[*] covering the inside of a sock in the hairs gives a slight tingle then nothing after afew minutes, the effects don't re-appear
[*] massaging the foot where the hairs are (massaging the area quite hard to really mush the hairs into the skin) does nothing

so next round of testing will be in the next 1-2 days ish - I've made another cup of hairs and this time gently steamed them for 15 minutes, and now there left in a cool, dry, dark place - this is to try and fluff the hairs up alittle and will do the same testing as before with the steamed hairs, my hypothesis is the steamed hairs will also do nothing but hopefully I'm wrong, i shall post my final conclusion within the next 1-2 days

ps. whats the code for resizing images on this forum? - cant find the answer anywhere on here or google - ive tried [img=100x100] and [img width=100 height=100] with quotes also doesnt work
little_boy

Post by little_boy »

Good to see that somebody was inspired by my topic. The stuff you show on picture 3/4 looks exactly the same as mine does (although I used the blender which allowed me to grind and sieve the full 500 gram within an hour orso).

I think the steaming part will only have a negative effect on the results, just as applying it with water or oil.

Instead of appying it on your feet, I suggest to retry in the same way I use it: put on a pantyhose and put your arm in there to spread the (unprocessed) hairs a bit evenly around your upper and lower leg. The amount you show on your picture would be enough as a starting point to have some effect. When finished, rub a bit over the pantyhose and go for a walk.

The sensation can be described more as 'stinging' than itching and fades away over time. By moving in general, or by rubbing or scratching over the (tight) clothing you've put it in, you re-activate it. Personally I love the addition of this itching powder into a long walk session, as it gives a unique extra sensation next to the 'regular' toys. Having it spread in both a pantyhose and in a leotard gives a full body sensation :twisted:

Let us know the results!
Last edited by little_boy on 23 Jun 2019, 12:10, edited 1 time in total.
little_boy

Post by little_boy »

By the way: I experimented with nettles in the past. It's an amazing experience, only for the true masochist. However, I got some sort of allergic reaction as the bumps didn't fade for multiple days...

Also tried the itching powder from the joke-stores which was based on maple samara -> did next to nothing compared to the rosehip stuff. The stuff sold on aliexpress seems to be chopped glassfiber; I absolutely wouldn't use that stuff.
ticklishbondageboi92

sorry for the delay, yeah steaming it didn't really do much, putting it in a sock and walking, you do feel something but i wouldn't call it itchy, maybe more prickly - so not really my thing unfortunately

i was more looking for something you can put on to bare skin and it itches - so now i guess I've got a giant bag of rosehips and nothing to do with them haha
little_boy wrote:Good to see that somebody was inspired by my topic. The stuff you show on picture 3/4 looks exactly the same as mine does (although I used the blender which allowed me to grind and sieve the full 500 gram within an hour orso).

I think the steaming part will only have a negative effect on the results, just as applying it with water or oil.

Instead of appying it on your feet, I suggest to retry in the same way I use it: put on a pantyhose and put your arm in there to spread the (unprocessed) hairs a bit evenly around your upper and lower leg. The amount you show on your picture would be enough as a starting point to have some effect. When finished, rub a bit over the pantyhose and go for a walk.

The sensation can be described more as 'stinging' than itching and fades away over time. By moving in general, or by rubbing or scratching over the (tight) clothing you've put it in, you re-activate it. Personally I love the addition of this itching powder into a long walk session, as it gives a unique extra sensation next to the 'regular' toys. Having it spread in both a pantyhose and in a leotard gives a full body sensation :twisted:

Let us know the results!
think i'd rather walk with wellies full of beans or other food stuffs (yup, im weird lol)
little_boy wrote:By the way: I experimented with nettles in the past. It's an amazing experience, only for the true masochist. However, I got some sort of allergic reaction as the bumps didn't fade for multiple days...

Also tried the itching powder from the joke-stores which was based on maple samara -> did next to nothing compared to the rosehip stuff. The stuff sold on aliexpress seems to be chopped glassfiber; I absolutely wouldn't use that stuff.
no dont use glassfiber folks, just no lol
Shannon SteelSlave

Yeah, it's a tough one. You just don't want to cross that line of chemically burning your skin. It isn't going to be easy, but I salute you :hi: for taking it on.
👠👠