Writing an eBook on Self Bondage - Need Opinions

This is the place where you can share your thoughts on selfbondage with like minded people.
anna
Site Admin

Post by anna »

Everyone, please stay away from personal attacks and try to keep this thread on topic. Any more attacks and the moderator team will lock this thread.

The book project sounds interesting and I hope everyone who are interested in helping 5t3v3 with it will do so. Perhaps you will be noted in the book or even receive a free copy of it. :wink:
5t3v3 wrote:Even Anna is putting internet marketing to use by hosting affiliate banners all over the site. Should she not be allowed to profit from this forum either? Obviously she is the owner and can do as she wishes but I'm pointing out the hypocrisy that has just revealed itself.
I will answer this because it might be of interest for some of our members.

Yes, I use advertising banners to help finance boundanna.com and its related sister sites. And by doing so I sort of make money from the work of other people. (The main site only has advertising on the navigation pages, not on the actual content pages because these contain work of other people.) This is not a perfect solution but it is the only way I can keep this site online without charging anything. And I do plan to keep it online for as long as people care about it. This site is absolutely no profit machine and I have no intention making it into one, all I want is some help to pay the bills and the current situation is a good compromise that offers that.

I try to keep advertising to a minimum both here and on the main site. (The index pages are however used for advertising.) And when I use advertising I try to do it in a discrete way to keep it from taking away the focus from the actual content. I try also to use advertising that stays within or close to the subjects we discuss here. If anyone thinks that this site has become a banner farm then I have failed.

The recent decision to try (please note that this is only a trial) advertising banners in the forum was made because it became clear that the forum had reached a level of traffic that requires much more expensive hosting.
5t3v3

Post by 5t3v3 »

Butterfly,

Again let me make it clear that your immature resort to using personal attacks to express your opinion brings the credibility of your remarks to NONE.

The fact that you can't even carry on a civilized discussion in a public setting SHOULD embarrass you. If that isn't obvious to you, then I would suggest that you re-read your post from my point of view. Your responses thus far has been nothing but childish and rude.

I'm wondering if your going to take the time to actually respond to my last post? It seems that you can't even back up your statements with actual facts. And then you have the nerve to call ME a liar (again after some random assumption that you've made up).

I would like to hear your justification for your remarks.

You see, we all share a common interest here. Let's keep the discussion on the topic at hand. In other words, I don't care if you're a guy or girl, and I don't care that you can bend rebar for a living because the question is..."What does any of this have to do with the price of tea in China?" Why would you even bring something like that up? The fact that you're a female with a blue collar job somehow gives you more credibility? Wrong.

Your random assumptions of who I am based off a simple forum post is extremely ignorant. I'm sorry that you come across as such online. I'll assume the best and hope that maybe you had a bad week at work and that your little rant in my post was a result of that.

To the rest of the folks on the forum, I apologize if my original post came off as anything other than a friendly discussion. It's unfortunate that we didn't start off on the right foot. Again, please accept my humble apology for causing this commotion and I look forward to future chats!

Regards,
Steve
5t3v3

Post by 5t3v3 »

Hi Anna!

I just saw your response and I appreciate what you have done here.

Please accept my apology for such a crazy discussion!
clever

Post by clever »

wow, what a mess. Now everybody just calm down. Butterfly, step back take a breather. Steve, roll back a shot of Jeremiah Weed, unless you're Irish, in which case, put down the bottle, and let's all just chill.

Here's the situation. This entire forum and community is formed around the principal of freely shared information. We are all here to both teach and learn at the same time, and this idea has worked well for us for some time. Now Steve, when you came here with your proposal, you unknowingly threatened two parts of our unspoken philosophy. One: freely shared information, and two: TEACH and learn. I think we can all coexist peacefully if you can agree to share your knowledge with us as well as gain from ours, and if you happen to make money bottling something that's free for all of us here, I don't think people will mind as much. Hey, it worked for water.
LoRee
Retired Moderator

Post by LoRee »

Again I find it necessary to climb down from my position as moderator to address this matter. Again I am speaking in a personal capacity ONLY

5t3v3, STEVE Steve steve, what are we gonna do with you?
First: You said to spring_butterfly84;
. . . I don't care if you're a guy or girl, and I don't care that you can bend rebar for a living because the question is..."What does any of this have to do with the price of tea in China?" Why would you even bring something like that up? The fact that you're a female with a blue collar job somehow gives you more credibility? Wrong.
I hate to say it but you are absolutely right on this point. However, YOU made it relevant when you said
I guar-en-damn-tee you I have way more values than you can even dream up. I serve my country to protect it's freedom every single day. Do you? I don't think working at McDonald's counts.
As I recall, and EVERY ONE here can plainly see by rereading your post, YOU started in with the
. . . childish and rude . . .
commentary. I personally can not spell worth a damn and I don't speak any language other than English. But just because I can use my dictionary, bable fish, and spell check programs, doesn't mean that I am any more smarter, wiser or sophisticated than some one who doesn't. To assume so demonstrates the height of conceit and arrogance. When you said;
By the way, even though your credibility went out the window with your terrible grammatical and spelling skills, please explain to me where I am not familiar with the values of life. Where in the hell did you come up with that random insult? What are you basing your assumptions off of?
I would say that she is basing it on that very statement, which in any intelligent beings mind, undermines any credibility you might have had up to that point. (My cat is nodding in whole hearted agreement with this)

Second: You have made several references to working
. . . for a living as an active duty Airman in the united states air force. I serve my country and I'm proud to do so.
Bravo! I salute you as a fellow serviceman (I'm former post Vietnam Army Vet), However, as you said
"What does any of this have to do with the price of tea in China?"
It doesn't. Not with any aspect of this discussion from from it's very inception.
Why would you even bring something like that up?
I wouldn't and didn't. YOU DID! I think Mark Twain said it best, "Patriotism is the last bastion of cowards an scoundrels." It really pisses me off as a veteran to have some sanctimonious jack wad start waving the flag in peoples faces when their arguments falter. I think thats where she starts to comes off thinking you are a liar, I know that's where I did. Again it reflects a lack of YOUR credibility to whip that out as quickly as you did. Our service to our country was, in part, to help preserve not just our freedom of speech, but the freedom of ALL people to express themselves. It cheapens and degrades the sacrifices of all who have served every time one of you cries, "but I'm a serviceman" irrelevantly in an argument. And may I say it was VERY George Bush of you to do so.

Third;You said;
First of all, how dare you assume that I'm some solicitor leeching information from a free community for a "quick buck"
To that I need only quote you . . .
Earlier this week it hit me. I need to create an eBook on Self Bondage. There is definitely a lot of good free information on the web, but I would love to take some of that information, as well as other uncovered topics and compile everything into a really neat digital book.
Well, I have been making a nice supplemental income online for the last few months creating and marketing eBooks and Videos! It's really fun to do and I've made a couple thousand dollars already
In other words, what sort of information would you likely pay a small fee for?
Fourth; You said
I just can not understand what makes you guys assume that I'm here to take advantage of your thoughts and input
Well your first post was "Posted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 9:39 pm Post subject: Writing an eBook on Self Bondage - Need Opinions"
Then two days later you post "Posted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 7:13 am Post subject:
hm Sad Guess no one has any input to share
it almost felt like some used car salesman or realtor was trying to pressure me when I read this.

Fifth; After only four responses to your post (Only two of which could be called critical) you write:
I've discovered the true feelings of this precious public commu... Wait, I mean self centered and unfriendly group of hypocrites.
Then say
I think you owe me an apology for such hurtful remarks.
I really don't know where you come off thinking that. Or from whom you would expect this apology. It seems to me you have made some pretty nasty personal attacks here aside from all the irrelevantly arguments you've made.

In conclusion sticking to the subject of your "research" request;
A) P T Barnum said "There is a sucker born every minute" If you can find them, please by all means feel free to use them. I can not take personal responsibility for every individual here. But DON"T be disrespecting this group or it's Fine Upstanding Hostess just because a few of us don't think too kindly of you or your endeavor.
B)You said
This will be my last post here otherwise.
I won't insult you by saying,"Oh please don't do that 5t3v3, I'm sorry!" Steve, I want you to know that you can ALWAYS count on me for honesty, brutal at times, but honest none the less. So post if you like, or don't. That's strictly YOUR option. Just remember; "as ye sow, so shall ye reap". In other words if you don't want people to jump in your shit, don't talk shit. :mrgreen:
"I find it far more annoying when the universe makes me work for damnation. I prefer it just gave it to me and save me the effort"
clever

Post by clever »

In the words of a wise drunken man (me) An military man can only exist as long as there is a country to pay him. Whenever army types go squealing "i fight for your freedom" i just think to myself you wouldn't be doing that if we all didn't pay taxes to pay you to do that. but again i'm drunk right now and I'm a jolly drunk, not a fiesty one, so i don't want to start an argument.
Cindy123

Post by Cindy123 »

Steve:
I want to thank you for your service to the country, we can never pay you back for that.
If you want to write a book on self bondage I say fine.
This book will only bring others out of the shadows and open up the joys of all types bondage for others.
If you make a buck even better.
I cant judge you on this, because I have done bondage for money in the past.
Read what others have posted, and extrapolate on that.
Sin :wink:
If your not playing on the edge, your taking up to much space...............................
Play safe and have fun...Now Where did I put that damn Key!!!!! ;-)
CINDY123@BAK.RR.COM
puppydogbytes

Post by puppydogbytes »

It's a while since I checked back on this thread and blimey, there are some heated tempers here!!

Steve,
You say that you think I owe you an apology for making "such hurtful remarks."

I haven’t made any hurtful remarks, I simply asked you three questions;
puppydogbytes wrote:Why do you think we would want to help you make a fast buck from we have shared for free?
You say;
5t3v3 wrote:I just can not understand what makes you guys assume that I'm here to take advantage of your thoughts and input so that I can run back to my little cave with my bags of gold
Well that’s because you said;
5t3v3 wrote:I would love to take some of that [free] information, as well as other uncovered topics and compile everything into a really neat digital book.
You use the word 'compile' rather than saying 'then write a book based on my research' (I don't mean to be pedantic here but you're the one who brought up spelling and grammar, also I couldn't swear to it but haven't you edited the original post so it now includes the phrase 'as well as other uncovered topics'?)
You also say;
5t3v3 wrote:I have been making a nice supplemental income online for the last few months creating and marketing eBooks
and
5t3v3 wrote:I've made a couple thousand dollars already

This community is based on the free and open sharing of information, if you are so keen to give information and advice to others then why not join us and put it here?

I am not;
5t3v3 wrote: just upset that there is money to be made online, yet, you just don't know how?
I do make money online but not by selling freeware.

In return for selling on our freely given information you kindly offer to;
5t3v3 wrote:put your name at the end credits of the book
(shouldn’t that be ‘in the end credits’ BTW?) and I, not unreasonably, asked;
puppydogbytes wrote:How many of the anonymous posters here do you think would want really their names in your book?
Well any ideas on that? Is it really such a 'hurtful comment'?

In your original post you said that you;
5t3v3 wrote:know basically everything there is to know about self bondage
I note that you have subsequently edited out this comment so even you have obviously now realized how utterly arrogant you sounded. That was why I asked;
puppydogbytes wrote: since you 'know basically everything there is to know' why not just write the book yourself?
Fair comment I think given what you originally said in your un-edited post.

So three questions and you think I should apologise to you?

You have subsequently gone on to flame, complain and throw totally unjustified comments and insults at members of the forum many of them because of things way off topic and well out of order.

Methinks you’re the one who owes the community an apology Steve.

Care to get back into your pram and say sorry so we can all play nicely again?
'In this house we obey the laws of thermodynamics' - Homer Simpson
Mc_ntk

Post by Mc_ntk »

SubPetNC wrote:I'd yet to see this forum disintgrate into this type of childish communication, oh well, all good things must come to an end.

I suppose that with growth it's bound <pun intended> to happen. Let's all grow up and stick to why we're here.
I think I am going to have salad for supper with a nice french vinaigrette and you?
curious_sb
Retired Moderator

Post by curious_sb »

Jesus Christ guys, I missed what caused it all to kick off in here, FFS he was only asking a question...

:roll:

Hey Steve, just a word of advice, next time just don't mention anything about making money selling books, as I can only assume it was that which sparked of this whole witch-hunt.

I am sure that with our input you would have made a very valuable contibution to the bondage community, and of course you would have made a copy availaible for free download to all our members for their efforts in helping to make it happen. Presumably any profits you'd make from such a book would be shared out and a appropriate portion donated to Anna to help keep the forum running. And that the forum would be listed in the Bibligraphy or at least in the further reading section, giving us a much needed publicity.

Sorry you got such a slating, lets try and put whatever beef it was behind us and let help him get his book off the ground?

I would suggest the following potential chapter headings....

What is bondage?

What is self - bondage?

Safety Implications to Consider
-Circulation should be mentioned here as a priority

Knots and releases.

Ice, and its use in self bondage controlled timed release

Toys and Stimulators to be considered during a scenario

Sample scenarios

Solo Sex games

Handling an emergency, the importance of having a safety release / named person.

References / Further Reading
Curious_SB
Retired Forum Moderator
Bondage Devvus

I would be glad to help

Post by Bondage Devvus »

Hey Steve!

I think it's great you would like to research and work on an e-book in regards to self bondage :) I figure that its a good start in beginning with the basics especially for beginners like myself :wink: It could point you in various directions of FAQs i.e. What is bondage?, Simple bondage techniques, Safety considerations, Bondage materials etc. I know that there is a variety of ways and things to do when one is interested in bondage. Although, it pays when you have the general overview of what self bondage is? How to safely engage in it? and other advice, tips or resourceful information that peeps could educate themselves with; as an online resource.

Now to give a personal insight as to the beginning of my bondage journey. What I have done so far is that I have duct taped my ankles and calves as well as my writs twice over; just enough to be secured but with the circulation still flowing. I had kitchen shears handy when I was ready to be released, but I was able to tear open the tape from my wrist the first time around I wrapped them. A positive note to this form of beginners attempt, it's cheap, easy and not as dangerous. The only negative note, it hurts a bit when you peel off the tape!

So an advice for beginners is to start off with something as basic as duct tape or any other desired form of tape. Get comfortable and accustomed to building up the kind of materials you use and how confident you are restricting yourself more profoundly. Ensuring that you will get yourself out of what you got yourself into :D I hope my input would be of help and use to you as well as interested parties of the subject:-)
~Devvus~
LoRee
Retired Moderator

Post by LoRee »

Bondage Devvus wrote:
I think it's great you would like to research and work on an e-book in regards to self bondage Smile I figure that its a good start in beginning with the basics especially for beginners like myself Wink It could point you in various directions of FAQs i.e. What is bondage?, Simple bondage techniques, Safety considerations, Bondage materials etc. I know that there is a variety of ways and things to do when one is interested in bondage. Although, it pays when you have the general overview of what self bondage is? How to safely engage in it? and other advice, tips or resourceful information that peeps could educate themselves with; as an online resource.
Well Bondage Devvus what you say in your post succinctly describes what boundanna already is, plus so much more! And the forum here is a priceless addtional resource of experienced like minded people who can advise and mentor novices, that NO book can match. And best of all it's free. While I am NOT opposed to making a profit from marketing fetish, kink, BDSM, or selfbondage material and information, regardless of the media used (ie book, video, electronic/cyber etc.) I objected to THE WAY it was attempted.
If someone came here with the stated attention to create a for profit project using boundanna as a resource (or even his/her sole resource) and whom ever it was did not intended to share the profits of said venture, FINE. However, if you will read what 5t3v3 is asking is exactly what the so called authors of those "Chicken Soup" books do. They get people to submit whole completed stories on a topic/subject, maybe they might do some editing and spell checking then put to press, market, then profit. To the best of my knowledge, (and I personally know at least a dozen talented idiots that contributed to "Chicken Soup") NO ONE who contributed to one of those has ever seen any sort of profit or other collateral/peripheral benefit from having done so. Now to be honest, not everyone I know who contributed intended to benefit, having had other reasons for participating. But I liken the "Chicken Soup" authors to being literary parasites, deliberately profiting on the work of others. If I asked any of you to pick me a bushel of fruit or vegetables and said all I would give you for your effort was full credit for having picked them when I sold them at market, how many of you would do that? For all of you who said "YES LoRee, I would work to profit someone else with no expectation of compensation for my effort, you can send me one Dollar to

LoRee
P O Box 2525
San Antonio, TX 78299-2525

Please make any checks or money orders out to "Cash". (obviously my last name :mrgreen:)
"I find it far more annoying when the universe makes me work for damnation. I prefer it just gave it to me and save me the effort"
Bondage Devvus

Reply to LoRee

Post by Bondage Devvus »

Ok whatever you say*smiles* feel better now LoRee?

~Devvus~
~Devvus~
curious_sb
Retired Moderator

Post by curious_sb »

laughs out loud.
Curious_SB
Retired Forum Moderator