Help speeding up the forum

Post your feedback, thoughts, questions and ideas on the main site here.
ponylady

Re: Help speeding up the forum

Post by ponylady »

Veronica_E_L wrote:you can delete my account, that will help a little. I'm getting tired of reading bullshit that has nothing to do with the topics being discussed, for example this thread about improving the forum database has fucking racism in it. good bye.

really???

you must have a bad hair day.

you are posting in a part of the board which says "site feedback". this means it has nothing to do with SB.

rereading the thread it is clear you are referring
to my mention of "traditional chinese medicine"
and anna's subsequent response supplementing r with l.

and now i'm going off in a rant here:
yes, you can argue i did debase chinese medicine. but excuse me if i don't think all is well with that approach. tiger testicles & rhino horn as potency enhancers aren't the only instances where tradition supercedes research.

next time i'll post my explanation of phpdb inner workings as a 60k+ essay and i expect you to write up a 3k summary as punishment.

sorry about that rant, but i really don't dig PC-
guys, oops, -gals who judge from their ivory tower of selfrighteous convictions.
[
Sir Cumference

Post by Sir Cumference »

Veronica_E_L wrote:you can delete my account, that will help a little. I'm getting tired of reading bullshit that has nothing to do with the topics being discussed, for example this thread about improving the forum database has fucking racism in it. good bye.
Please use the small button with the "!" to report any posts that are outside "good behaviour" and we'll look into them.
~ Leatherworking, blacksmithing , woodworking and programming are the most pervertable skills you can learn! ~
anna
Site Admin

Post by anna »

Veronica_E_L wrote:this thread about improving the forum database has fucking racism in it.
I object to that to the fullest extend possible. PonyLady used the classical picture of a Chinese doctor of classical Chinese medicine. This is a great picture as everyone understands and can see him in his/her own mind. This was not racism, this was a great illustration of what I have tried to do in this thread. The actions I suggested in this thread works but is very untraditional or even controversial if you know how a phpBB forum and its database works.

I responded to this by taking on the role of a typical cartoon style Chinese doctor. This could only be seen as racist by someone who him/herself views Chinese doctors as inferior. I do not. I have a great respect of Chinese people in general and Chinese doctors in particular. Racism is against the forum rules and it is great that it is reported but there is a big difference between racism and political correctness. If any Chinese doctor of traditional medicine was offended by what I wrote then I want to apologize to him/her but until then I consider this to be a non issue.
Sir Cumference wrote:Please use the small button with the "!" to report any posts that are outside "good behaviour" and we'll look into them.
This includes posts made by me or any of the moderators.
A glass of water longing for the ocean.
boundsissy

Post by boundsissy »

HMMM I can't see it, read the thread 3 time, still can't see it.
I will miss her tumblr though, lots of good degrading photos of people there.(I do not dare mention what sex) Bye and be well :hi:
LOVE TO ALL
tiemeupalso

Post by tiemeupalso »

if veronica is that thinned skinned she needs to find he a forum for totally PC writings.
anna
Site Admin

Post by anna »

tiemeupalso wrote:if veronica is that thinned skinned she needs to find he a forum for totally PC writings.
Do not derail this thread into personal attacks on any specific member or ex member now.
bound_jenny

Post by bound_jenny »

anna wrote:
tiemeupalso wrote:if veronica is that thinned skinned she needs to find he a forum for totally PC writings.
Do not derail this thread into personal attacks on any specific member or ex member now.
I agree. We don't like ad hominem in here either. :whip:

We disagree with Veronica's ideas, no issue with Veronica personally.

Jenny.
Helplessness is a doorway to the innermost reaches of the soul.
If my corset isn't tight, it just isn't right!
Kink is the spice of life!
Come to the Dark Side - we have cookies!
qwerty212

Post by qwerty212 »

I sent to Veronica a PM that s/he will never read. If you are reading this please contact me (my email is in most of my programs)

Let's get to the original point please: Anna, has you ever considered the possibility of accept donations to buy a better server hosting?
anna
Site Admin

Post by anna »

qwerty212 wrote:Anna, has you ever considered the possibility of accept donations to buy a better server hosting?
No, donations is not considered. This site is financed from those irritating banners at the bottom of the page. :wink: When better hosting is needed it will be taken care of somehow. We are running very satisfactory on the current servers right now.
qwerty212

Post by qwerty212 »

anna wrote:[We are running very satisfactory on the current servers right now.
Yes, and I would like to say to you thanks for paying and keeping the main site and the forum

Is there any thread where you explain how did you came with the idea of creating the main site?
anna
Site Admin

Post by anna »

qwerty212 wrote:Yes, and I would like to say to you thanks for paying and keeping the main site and the forum
You know that it is not me that should be thanked. So many different known and unknown people helps keeping this site running. You being one of them.
qwerty212 wrote:Is there any thread where you explain how did you came with the idea of creating the main site?
No, I do not think so. Perhaps I will someday write the story of how this strange site was originally created. Its strange history goes back a long way into the past. The website is just as old as it looks really. :mrgreen: It is great that someone like me who do not even understand simple HTML could actually succeed in making something like BA.