Body Harness that doesn't go around neck?

Post your thoughts and ideas on safety here.
Imperiused

Body Harness that doesn't go around neck?

Post by Imperiused »

I really didn't want to join a forum, but I've been reading them for the past few weeks and my Master has encouraged me.

I am still fairly new to self bondage, but I love it :D I love tight ropes and belts all around me, but as I am yet to physically be with my Master I am left to my own resources, and I'm a bit of a wuss when it comes to any of the complicated self bondage scenarios, because of course, it's safety first. I love the inescapable feelings most, and yet I still refuse to put myself in even a simple hogtie because I worry I won't be able to wriggle out.

Anyway, I've finally managed to buy myself some nice rope and the first thing I rushed off to try was a full body harness/karada as seen here: http://www.likera.com/sb/tech/karada2.php

I've tried it a few times now and I don't know if it's just the way it is or if I'm doing something wrong, but every time I start off loose and pull everything tighter as I go. Generally if it's not tight enough, it becomes loose and I'm not happy. xD Anyway, as the ropes pull against the rest of my body, the one against my neck also gets pulled (well not exactly around the neck, but the neck area, around the base, as it's supposed to be - collarbone? Whatever it is :P). Not risk-of-strangulation-tight, but just tight enough to be uncomfortable as the knot rubs against that bone at the bottom of the neck/top of chest, and I've discovered that is one place I do not like ropes - for obvious reasons. I don't think it's unreasonably tight, I just don't like the feel of the rope around my neck. I generally keep going making everything tighter and then pull on the loop around my neck to try and loosen it, but then that will also loosen the rope around my breasts. It's fine when I'm sitting down, 'cause I'll lean forward and it won't be against my neck at all, but when I'm standing and whatnot, I don't like it. I also find that the rope around my neck is still visible under most of my t-shirts, and I'd love to hide it completely :D

So I'm just wondering if there's a different way to tie a body harness that doesn't involve having the rope looped around the neck? I think I've tried beginning with the rope above the breasts/under the armpits, but it slipped off or wasn't tight enough at the time, so I was thinking maybe a belt? Or is there just a different way of tying it? :D

My Master and I thank you.
Flyman

Re: Body Harness that doesn't go around neck?

Post by Flyman »

I'll try to answer your question as best as I know based on my limited knowledge. First is what is the millimeter of the rope? Is it 4, 6, or 8? Is it smaller and looks almost like twine, or is it thick heavy duty rope? The rope thickness plays a very important part in comfort. If you think it's thick enough and don't want it any thicker then here is one way to tie it. So to get started you can tie a chest harness without the rope going over your shoulder and in your neck area. How you tie it is you find the bite of the rope which is the middle of it then you wrap it under and around your pecks or your bust then you take the running end of the rope and put it through the bite and then you go the opposite way. That causes a synching effect on the rope making it tighter. Then you take the running ends of the rope and they go above the pecks or the bust then you take the running end of the rope and run it through the bite and then you take the running end of the rope and go the front and tie the karada how you would normally. It's basically combing the start of this chest harness http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0lJppGCo5wk without going around the neck. The rope goes under the arms unless you are extremely talented at self bondage. Another option all together is to buy a leather body harness which cost some money, but looks equally as sexy as rope depending on your masters preference. As for your hogtied problem get several pairs of sharp scissors and have them in frozen water so you can cut the rope, but first test to see if the scissors can get the job done. That's what I do when I do self bondage with ropes.
I'm like a computer give me a command and I will almost always do it.
Imperiused

Post by Imperiused »

Thank you for your reply. It is a 6mm cotton rope. I have tried your suggestion with my Master and it has worked wonderfully so we thank you for your input. It was very snug and tight! :) A leather body harness might be something we'll try later down the track. :twisted: Should definitely try to the scissors one day though when I know I've got plenty of time on my hands!
Flyman

Post by Flyman »

No problem I live to help others in their journey through the land that is dominated by kinkiness. :mrgreen: If you do want to have a chest harness that goes around the neck then get an 8mm, but the ultimate thing is a nice leather chest harness that is pulled snug and hooks to your collar. The feel of a leather chest harness is to die for, or so I hear.
I'm like a computer give me a command and I will almost always do it.
selamisahin

Post by selamisahin »

None whatsoever. I help people navigate the land that is dominated by stiffness. :mrgreen: If you like to have a chest harness that goes around the throat, get an 8 mm, but the best go-to is a nice leather chest harness that is pulled snug and hooks to your neck. The sensation of a beautiful leather sex harness is to die for, or so I hear it.
Shannon SteelSlave

Post by Shannon SteelSlave »

Aloha from Bound Anna, selamisahin
Bondage is like a foreign film without subtitles. Only through sharing and practice can we hope to understand.
A Jedi uses bondage for knowledge and defense, never for attack.
I am so smart! I am so smart! S-M-R-T!....I, I mean S-M-A-R-T!
👠👠
kinbaku

Post by kinbaku »

Welcome selamisahin, there are some very nice models of harnesses in the link you gave. :)
Shannon SteelSlave

Funny, that link doesn't even work for me. Only approved the post as a benefit of the doubt. I figure I could phase him down with my sabre if I was wrong.
Bondage is like a foreign film without subtitles. Only through sharing and practice can we hope to understand.
👠👠
Shannon SteelSlave

selamisahin. This is interesting. One of my lieutenants gave me a working link for the intended post. Looks plenty spammy to me, but it is so well placed, and being a 10 year old thread, makes him the most nostalgic spammer I've ever seen. Has logged in again since posting. (unusual bot behaviour) Since this link is an answer to a question once asked, should I leave it up?
Incidentally, if you rearrange the letters of selamisahin, you can spell SalesMan (H-I-I)
👠👠
bound_jenny

Post by bound_jenny »

Shannon SteelSlave wrote:Incidentally, if you rearrange the letters of selamisahin, you can spell SalesMan (H-I-I)
Or it's simply the name of a famous Turkish singer, songwriter and musician: Selami Sahin. :idea:

Watch, and give the benefit of the doubt, until said doubt is lifted. :wink:

Jenny.
Helplessness is a doorway to the innermost reaches of the soul.
If my corset isn't tight, it just isn't right!
Kink is the spice of life!
Come to the Dark Side - we have cookies!
Shannon SteelSlave

my-eyes-watching-you.gif
my-eyes-watching-you.gif (164.86 KiB) Viewed 2003 times
👠👠
bounddosster

Post by bounddosster »

Shannon SteelSlave wrote:
my-eyes-watching-you.gif
I don't know if its just me but I find that gif very erotic but then I use to get turned on if my homework came back from being marked with the words "SEE ME" written in red ink at the bottom, especially if written by the English or art teacher.
That's my excuse and I'm sticking to it.
bound_jenny

Post by bound_jenny »

bounddosster wrote:I use to get turned on if my homework came back from being marked with the words "SEE ME" written in red ink at the bottom, especially if written by the English or art teacher.
If your English and art teachers looked like that young lady, you have cause to get turned on. :wink:

Maybe the art teacher. The English teacher probably has a third eye and tentacles :shock: ... no, that was the math teacher. Never mind... :mrgreen:

Jenny.
Helplessness is a doorway to the innermost reaches of the soul.
If my corset isn't tight, it just isn't right!
Kink is the spice of life!
Come to the Dark Side - we have cookies!