safety release w/ ice sock?

Post your thoughts and ideas on safety here.
rexter

safety release w/ ice sock?

Post by rexter »

Hi. I'm fairly new to SB, but I've thought about it for years. I saw the ice sock method somewhere, and that was enough to get me to do a real session. So far, I've done maybe 8 sessions. All were strict spread-eagle using 2 ice socks. Setup should attach below...

I've been loathe to have stuff drop out of concern for safety. keys, knife/scissors.. It just seems too much can go wrong with that method, so it wasn't until the ice sock method that I seriously engaged.

In any event, I've been thinking about adding an emergency release to my setup. The problem is I don't see an easy way to add one. One thought is to add a lock in the setup, the key for which also releases, say, motor oil. The thing is when the setup is pulled taught, I really don't have play. I don't think I could unlock a lock (even if it were reachable). Ideas?

Attached setup
ice-sock-setup.jpg
Closeup of unattached pieces
ice-sock-setup2.jpg
Dane

Re: safety release w/ ice sock?

Post by Dane »

Always always have a backup / emergency release. No matter how well planned, something could go wrong, your house could catch fire etc. Like most I also have the fantasy of being 100% unable to escape, and the risk of fire is almost nonexisting, but the risk is there and you only have 1 life.

IMO, it is all about having an emergency release that is unpleasant / bad enough that you would never use it unless your life depends on it, not just because you get bored, something hurts more than expected etc.

In my sessions I have a primay, backup and emergency release. I can make my room 100% pitch black, day or night and use combinationlocks in restraining myself.

As primary release, I have my computer turn the light off and on, either at set times or at random. I find it much more interesting not knowing when I get free.

As backup, if the computer should crash, I have a timer turn on light at some time later than the maximum of the random time.

As emergency release, I can pull a key for imidiate release, but at the same time it turns on a papershredder with equivalant to $1500 inside. As a bonus, it is free in the unlikely event of a power failure.

If you substitute your white rope with a chain like in my picture, I think you should be able to maneuver a lock, even pulled tight.
Attachments
3a.jpg