android app experience

Selfbondage software and other kinky developments

Moderators: Riddle, Shannon SteelSlave

jtalh2003

android app experience

Post by jtalh2003 »

has anyone got experience with making android apps?
it would be nice to have a program on the smart phone that took a picture and locked it away for a random time like with the program PictureLoKiT
http://forum.boundanna.net/board/viewto ... =28&t=4855

ideally you could take the picture from within the app and lock it away with just a few button pushes possibly save a encrypted version of the picture to cloud to for back up
time is the fire in which we burn
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind.
bdsm984

Re: android app experience

Post by bdsm984 »

I have quite some experience building android applications, what you say is quite feasible.
It depends however on the phone you have. On my phone all of the camera pictures are automatically indexed in the gallery.

That means that no matter what, you can still see the picture from the image gallery itself. There should be some imaginable workarounds though.
cooper1337

Post by cooper1337 »

You might need to write your own code to access the camera instead of using some other app via intents. That will make it more complicated, but then you could also include some on-the-fly encryption, so you can still save the image on the sd-card.
bdsm984

Post by bdsm984 »

cooper1337 wrote:You might need to write your own code to access the camera instead of using some other app via intents.
I wouldn't see why that would be the case. You can get the image data directly through the intent and do with it as you please.
LoKiT
Retired Moderator

Post by LoKiT »

Perhaps they may help

Android Camera API - Tutorial http://www.vogella.com/articles/Android ... ticle.html
Using Camera API by Marko Gargenta http://marakana.com/forums/android/examples/39.html
Android dev ref - http://developer.android.com/reference/ ... amera.html

Don't forget to put "CAMERA" in the Andriod.manafest file :D
cheap_sb

Post by cheap_sb »

I might toy around with this idea later, I have a Uni class on Android development and this could make for an interesting side project.
doti

Post by doti »

As I know, the second example of LoKit, by Marko Gargenta, is a good full example corresponding to the cooper1337 indication, avoiding the problem of bdsm984, auto-indexing by the gallery.

But I don't get the point ofjtalh2003 - why lock the picture for some time ? A kind of dare I don't imagine/understand ?
Follow the string
LoKiT
Retired Moderator

Post by LoKiT »

dodi "But I don't get the point ofjtalh2003 - why lock the picture for some time ? A kind of dare I don't imagine/understand ?"
Its for the memory impaired with a CB device or for a wicked Mistress. You get your bits locked usually by your mistress and a photo of the release code for the lock is stored away in program, some were, like magic its wiped, gone, your trapped. Sex denied!
Until the time is up, say a month later the picture reappears from who knows were and you can release yourself.
If your hopeless at remembering numbers or patterns you can store the number yourself.

But I'm reliably informed that some vanilla sex marriages can be like this without the need for CB device :shock:
qwerty212

Post by qwerty212 »

LoKiT wrote: But I'm reliably informed that some vanilla sex marriages can be like this without the need for CB device :shock:
:cry: :cry: You can bet on that