Selfbondage Memory Game: Question Creation thread

Selfbondage software and other kinky developments

Moderators: Riddle, Shannon SteelSlave

qwerty212

Re: Selfbondage Memory Game: Question Creation thread

Post by qwerty212 »

user wrote::rofl: I need time to make pictures/ questions too hehe. take your time, longer it takes you the more questions/pics ill have lololol, then every one is happy :mrgreen:

yes I used the question generator, the first one in the earlier versions, not the one that comes with 1.5

:hi:
The new one saves a lot of time (specially if you first have the 3 images stored in their folders) because you can get at the same time the first and the second image in the gui).

Glad to see that someone else is using the Question Generator :)
toto1

Post by toto1 »

I began a Bettie Page themed question pack, but I'm not sure it would not raise copyright issue. Her photos are all over the internet, but I'm not sure of their status, copyright wise. I assume using a Bettie image for an avatar could arguably fall under the "fair use" term, if anything else because of the low resolution can hardly allow for any commercial use, but a pack full of High resolution images, even though none of them is less than 50 year old, I'm not sure.
Dark_Lizerd

Post by Dark_Lizerd »

Oh good, Another Bettie fan...
It would be interesting to see...
All advice is checked, re-checked and verified to be questionable...
Don't ask, we both wont understand the answer...
http://www.mediafire.com/download/09dtr ... e_V2_2.exe Not just for nubies any more...
anna
Site Admin

Post by anna »

toto1 wrote:I began a Bettie Page themed question pack, but I'm not sure it would not raise copyright issue. Her photos are all over the internet, but I'm not sure of their status, copyright wise. ...but a pack full of High resolution images, even though none of them is less than 50 year old, I'm not sure.
A very good question. Does anyone know the status of those photos?

Some of the Irving Klaw photos of Betty Page can be found here, they probably control the copyright to at least those photos and could perhaps answer questions about the Betty Page photos in general. http://www.moviestarnews.com/
A glass of water longing for the ocean.
LoKiT
Retired Moderator

Post by LoKiT »

anna wrote:
toto1 wrote:I began a Bettie Page themed question pack, but I'm not sure it would not raise copyright issue. Her photos are all over the internet, but I'm not sure of their status, copyright wise. ...but a pack full of High resolution images, even though none of them is less than 50 year old, I'm not sure.
A very good question. Does anyone know the status of those photos?

Some of the Irving Klaw photos of Betty Page can be found here, they probably control the copyright to at least those photos and could perhaps answer questions about the Betty Page photos in general. http://www.moviestarnews.com/
I'm a big Bettie Page fan, most of the popular images around are scans from magazines and grainy GIFs from BBS modem days before the internet WWW got started. Since her death there has been a massive revival and "Bettie Page" is big business again. Its interesting how electronic media is introducing new generations to her work.

I combed the internet trying to find an answer but only came a conclusion. If you look on the websites you will find this notice..
"Please note: All files marked with a copyright notice are subject to normal copyright restrictions. These files may, however, be downloaded for personal use. Electronically distributed texts may easily be corrupted, deliberately or by technical causes. When you base other works on such texts, double-check with a printed source if possible."

Which rightly or wrongly I can only conclude that files are okay for personal use and linking for uses such as fan sites is acceptable. But I'm no expert. The report infringement page seems to be only interested in which company is operating without a licence. So I guess as your targeting it for personal use and not promoting products or remove or change any copyright notices then its deemed as acceptable and no permissions is therefore required.

Its as clear as mud, but I hope this helps?
GoneAndDeleted

Post by GoneAndDeleted »