Selfbondage Memory Game: Question Creation thread

Selfbondage software and other kinky developments

Moderators: Riddle, Shannon SteelSlave

qwerty212

Selfbondage Memory Game: Question Creation thread

Post by qwerty212 »

Hello from Barcelona :hi:

At the moment there is a beta release on the SDU of the incoming Selfbondage Memory Game 1.0.

It is going to be a program where users will see and slideshow of images (up to ten) and after some time they will be askered about these images. If they answer correctly all the questions the user will be free. If don't, the user will have to pay with time tied infront the computer.

When the program will be released to the main forum you will get the idea.

I have released a program to make easier the job of creating the questions to be used in the Selfbondage Memory Game, and in this thread I would like to explain how to use it and ask for help to the forum to get as more questions as possible to include in the final release.

In the released program there are going to be four folders inside a bigger one called Question Pack.

This folders are going to be:

• In Images1 folder are going to be the images that the users will have to memorize. A real example of an image of the game can be:
    (Images must be in jpg format)

In Images2 folder must be stored the images that the user will have on screen when answering the questions. This images in this folder must hide some items or be modified to let the user recognize the image he's being asked about, but without giving him directly the answer.
    A example using the image above would be:

In Images3 folder wew are going to put the images that the user will see when he has already answered the question. This images will show the answer to the user, so you can crop them to zoom a part of the original image, put arrows to count items, etc, etc...
    Using the example above, the third image can be something like:

Finally, inside the Questions folder there are txt files with the question, the possible answers and the correct answer.
    The txt with the questions must have this format to work correctly:

The first line have the question that the user will read. No matter how long it s, write it just in one line, the program will break it into lines depending on the resolution of the user's screen.

Green colored lines are the possible answers. One line per answer.

Red colored line (always the last one) is the correct one. It must be exactly writted like the possible answer. Program will compare them.
To prevent erros and make it easier to create your own question I have created a software:
(Click on the banner to download)

With this program is easier to create your txt files to use it with the incoming Selfbondage Memory Game.

The SM Question Creator let's you choose one image, from your computer. When done it will show you the image inside a tab:

and in other tab you can write the question and the possible answers just filling the fields:

Depending on where the image was stored you'll have the possibility of directy save the created txt in the Questions folder, or save it in other folder and move it manually to its final location:

When you have created your txt file you can preview how it would look like when the same question will be executed in the Selfbondage Memory Game:

Finally, when you click on the create button you'll get on your screen the created .txt file.

I think that it would be great if more people can collaborate creating questions and if we can use this thread for questions about the image manipulation, the usage of the SMG Question Creator, etc, etc...
Last edited by qwerty212 on 30 Apr 2012, 00:01, edited 7 times in total.
qwerty212

Re: Selfbondage Memory Game 1.0, Question Creation thread

Post by qwerty212 »

EDIT:Working on a manual... will post soon
Last edited by qwerty212 on 04 May 2012, 17:03, edited 3 times in total.
CheerfullyInsane

Post by CheerfullyInsane »

I thought you said you were (semi)-retired? :mrgreen:
Never the less, nice to see you're still using your skills for further the deviant behaviour of the rest of us.

Couple of questions:
1) Presumably the idea behind the collaborative effort is to get all these questions gathered into one package (along with the program itself).
If so, wouldn't it be an idea to settle on a 'standard' pic-size to begin with? And for that matter a standard file-type.
While I'm sure the program can deal with different sizes and resolutions, I'm equally sure that if people cropped their pics to within certain parameters (e.g. 1024x768 max), even people with older laptops could play along.
And if everybody uploads in .bmp, that's going to be one BIG file......

2) Is it possible to define multiple 'hot-zones' on each pic, and link them to separate questions?
If each pic has one question attached to it, you pretty soon learn what to look for, and then you're dependant on a steady stream of new questions/pics.
If there's 3-4 questions to each pic, the odds of you remembering what to look for are reduced.
Presumably you could simply copy the pic, and define a new 'hot-zone', but again that would inflate the final size of the download.
qwerty212

Post by qwerty212 »

CheerfullyInsane wrote:I thought you said you were (semi)-retired? :mrgreen:
Never the less, nice to see you're still using your skills for further the deviant behaviour of the rest of us.
Cheers.
CheerfullyInsane wrote: Couple of questions:
1) Presumably the idea behind the collaborative effort is to get all these questions gathered into one package (along with the program itself).
If so, wouldn't it be an idea to settle on a 'standard' pic-size to begin with? And for that matter a standard file-type.
While I'm sure the program can deal with different sizes and resolutions, I'm equally sure that if people cropped their pics to within certain parameters (e.g. 1024x768 max), even people with older laptops could play along.
And if everybody uploads in .bmp, that's going to be one BIG file......
The program doens't works wit a resolution under 1024 witdh and 720 height. It doesn't matter how big images ares, the program will fit the images to the screen.

I like to work like that:
  • ·The first image, the one that must be rememberer as big as possible and with the better quality. If the image is bigger than 1980x1080 I resize it to this resolution. The most use to be 150Kb.

·The second image, the one with the question or the missing areas not as big (I usually resize the images in Images2 folder to be 700 or 800 pixel height) and sometimes I crop the images a little bit to reduce even more the size (Using Xnview reduces a lot the weight of the images and keeps a very good quality). Images use to be 70Kb-100Kb

·The third image, the one showing the solution use to be a croped zone of the original image or the whole image showing the answer but resized to be as little as possible. This images uses to be 50-60Kb.

About the bmp. The program can handle png, gif, bmp and jpg, but I got a lot of problems creating the SMG Question Creator, and working with jpg everything worked fine, so bmp is an option, but is less than the ideal one.

The first version released got 106 questions and without reducing or cropping the images it was like 50Mb. I guess that 500 questions will be 100Mb.
CheerfullyInsane wrote: 2) Is it possible to define multiple 'hot-zones' on each pic, and link them to separate questions?
If each pic has one question attached to it, you pretty soon learn what to look for, and then you're dependant on a steady stream of new questions/pics.
If there's 3-4 questions to each pic, the odds of you remembering what to look for are reduced.
Presumably you could simply copy the pic, and define a new 'hot-zone', but again that would inflate the final size of the download.
I guess that it can be done, but the way the program is coded it would be a lot of work. If people is happy with the program, upload new images... maybe it can be redone to get the questions from a ini file and read from different sectors.

I have repeated some images just changing the questions, but there is a moment where is pretty hard to ask different things.

Greets from Barcelona and thanks for taking some time to post.
cooper1337

Post by cooper1337 »

qwerty212 wrote:If the image is bigger than 1980x1080 I resize it to this resolution.
I hope you mean 1920x1200 (or at least 1920x1080) ;)

Why don't you just use the first pic as the second one, too?
You'd just have to either either
- paint a big "censored"-rectangle over the relevant parts
- remove the color from the picture.
That way, you don't have to create different second images, even when you are using the image for different questions. I guess this will drastically remove the overall size and will reduce the amount of work when creating new question packs. The user could specify the area that contains the information directly in the editor, which will save the position and size of the rectangle. This way, the user doesn't have to use a separate program to edit the pictures doing the same task (cutting out a part, filling it, adding a questionmark if one is really motivated) again and again.
If having a colored second picture is important to you, you could also define some "standard colors" which can be chosen as a drop-down-box which make the program fill the rectangle as desired.

About the third picture: Why don't you just use the first one? If you insist on having the "interesting" region zoomed, you could make the program show only this region, or something in between. I don't think this will be much work changing.

Don't you think of shuffling the possible answers? You seem to have a different logic to define the answers and the correct one. I'd just have said, "the first answer is the correct one" and have all answered shuffled on display. This way you neither have to insert redundant information (answer/correct answer), nor have the need for a separate input (the radios on the right).
I don't want to teach you how to do this, but the way you are doing it just made me think you are not shuffling at all (excuse me if I'm wrong).
qwerty212 wrote:If people is happy with the program, upload new images... maybe it can be redone to get the questions from a ini file and read from different sectors.
That would be really nice ;)

Just my two cents about this, maybe I will take a look at the beta soon (currently on linux).
qwerty212

Post by qwerty212 »

cooper1337 wrote:
qwerty212 wrote:If the image is bigger than 1980x1080 I resize it to this resolution.
I hope you mean 1920x1200 (or at least 1920x1080) ;)
That's it! Hello coop.
cooper1337 wrote:Why don't you just use the first pic as the second one, too?
You'd just have to either either
- paint a big "censored"-rectangle over the relevant parts
- remove the color from the picture.
That way, you don't have to create different second images, even when you are using the image for different questions. I guess this will drastically remove the overall size and will reduce the amount of work when creating new question packs. The user could specify the area that contains the information directly in the editor, which will save the position and size of the rectangle. This way, the user doesn't have to use a separate program to edit the pictures doing the same task (cutting out a part, filling it, adding a questionmark if one is really motivated) again and again.
If having a colored second picture is important to you, you could also define some "standard colors" which can be chosen as a drop-down-box which make the program fill the rectangle as desired.
Is true that your ideas sound good, but some of the questions are more complez than just hide a part of the original image or turn off a color. The second image needs to show enough to let the users recognize the image that they are being asked for.

Is really boring to do the questions in the way the program is designed at the moment, but, hey is better than what we have two weeks ago :D
cooper1337 wrote:About the third picture: Why don't you just use the first one? If you insist on having the "interesting" region zoomed, you could make the program show only this region, or something in between. I don't think this will be much work changing.
Sometimes the third image have to show arrows counting items. If I do zoom an area in the third image, in part, is to reduce the size of the images. 500 questions (3 images per question) would be like 100Mb.
cooper1337 wrote:Don't you think of shuffling the possible answers? You seem to have a different logic to define the answers and the correct one. I'd just have said, "the first answer is the correct one" and have all answered shuffled on display. This way you neither have to insert redundant information (answer/correct answer), nor have the need for a separate input (the radios on the right).
I don't want to teach you how to do this, but the way you are doing it just made me think you are not shuffling at all (excuse me if I'm wrong).
That's a great idea. Unfortunately I didn't started a thread when I started coding the program. I'm not as smart by my own alone as the rest of the forum users all together.
For incoming projects I will create a thread before start coding.
Ideas are always welcomed.
cooper1337 wrote:Just my two cents about this, maybe I will take a look at the beta soon (currently on linux).
Someday I will learn to code in a multi os language.

Thanks for your post.

Greets from Barcelona
Dark_Lizerd

Post by Dark_Lizerd »

I would need to agree with the first arrangement on this program... 3 pictures would be the easiest way to do this.
Otherwise, you would need to specify what area will be masked, maybe what shape...
One idea tho...
Aintegratortor program....
You have the pictures numbered, the integrator program will add new picture(s) using the next number in sequence...
IE: the program now has 105 pictures/questions...
"Joe" makes and provides 25 pictures...
"Sam" makes/ add 15...
I put together 30...

random names will create duplicates, but...
The integrator program will add the pictures I select, from sets put together by others to my picture set.
Like this:
Folder: "New stuff"
Program will copy and rename files from this folder and move them to the current 3 folders set-up.
Or:
All pictures and questions in 1 folder...
0001_A.jpg - oringinal...
0001_B.jpg - questioned one...
0001_C.jpg - Answered one...
0001_D.txt - the questions...

This would make it easer to see if you are missing anything...
All advice is checked, re-checked and verified to be questionable...
Don't ask, we both wont understand the answer...
http://www.mediafire.com/download/09dtr ... e_V2_2.exe Not just for nubies any more...
qwerty212

Post by qwerty212 »

I'm working on a third program that will simply add the new images and questions to the correct folders and will rename the repeated files.

So the idea would be that when released to the main forum the program will include some questions (I want to reach 500, but doing it by my self is really tough), and with the time people can download just a new question pack updated, run the tird program (I need to think on a really long and messy name to it) and they'll have the question pack updated.

I also want to do a little script that if you want it can delete the already answered questions at the moment they are only stored form an array and saved to an ini file.

Greets from Barcelona
cooper1337

Post by cooper1337 »

qwerty212 wrote:I also want to do a little script that if you want it can delete the already answered questions at the moment they are only stored form an array and saved to an ini file.
Maybe it would be better to move them to a "trash"-folder instead of really deleting them, so one does not have to reinstall all packages at the end, but just move the content back ;)
Dark_Lizerd

Post by Dark_Lizerd »

Make the "trash" folder a folder with-in the program set, that way if the user want to keep the picture, he does not need to search through the recycle bin for the deleted pictures...

Also, the final question...
Please, make the select box smaller, not the width of the screen...
It will be nice if the answers were as select boxes instead of a drop-down...

But still a very entertaining program...
Another idea, select dificulty level...
cheet: 10 boxes... 5 pairs... for testing use
Easy: 30 boxes... 15 pairs
medium: 50 boxes... 25 pairs
Hard: 80 boxes... 40 pairs
Torment: 150 boxes... 75 pairs
All advice is checked, re-checked and verified to be questionable...
Don't ask, we both wont understand the answer...
http://www.mediafire.com/download/09dtr ... e_V2_2.exe Not just for nubies any more...
qwerty212

Post by qwerty212 »

Dark_Lizerd wrote:Make the "trash" folder a folder with-in the program set, that way if the user want to keep the picture, he does not need to search through the recycle bin for the deleted pictures...
That's a good point.
Dark_Lizerd wrote: Please, make the select box smaller, not the width of the screen...
It will be nice if the answers were as select boxes instead of a drop-down...
I don't get the idea. The dificultuy level is in the to do list, but always dependin on if people is interested in the program (I want to dedicate as less time as possible to it).

Do you mind if we talk about the program in the SDU and left this thread for the question creation?

Greets from Barcelona.
qwerty212

Selfbondage Memory Game Question Creator Beta 0.2

Post by qwerty212 »

New version of the SMG Question Creator.

Now we are Beta 0.2.

Only one change: if the image that you open to create a question is stored in a folder named Images1 and there is an image with the same name in Images2 folder, both there will be opened by the program (each one in a tab), so you'll have the original image and the one that hides the answer (or the one that gives some options to choose) in the same window.

You can download the new SMG Question Creator with the Selfbondage Memory Game 1.4 (the full version or the update) or from here:
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?6aabkp1rhuf1ogv

Inside the package I've included the new questions done by auandi.

Greets from Barcelona
GoneAndDeleted

Post by GoneAndDeleted »

Last edited by GoneAndDeleted on 01 Dec 2016, 13:55, edited 1 time in total.
qwerty212

Post by qwerty212 »

psilocybin1212 wrote:Were they any updates to the 1.2 vers of the program other than the pictures/questions and question creator?
The Selfbondage Memory Game has its own thread: Selfbondage Memory Game 1.4

Greets from Barcelona
Kelly1980

Post by Kelly1980 »

Brilliant game--thank you so much for creating and sharing it!

A question about questions:

Does the game randomly select the images every time I play the game, or does it just go through the list of images in order (starting with 00001.jpg, then 00002.jpg, and so on...)?

I ask because I have an idea about using trick questions to add some "risk" to the game, but it would only really work if the images are selected randomly. Here is the idea:

1. Take one of the original images from the "Images1" folder, copy it to a new file, and rename it (for example: "zdom1.jpg")

2. Create a new image for the "Images2" folder (called zdom2.jpg) of a smug-looking dominatrix, with a caption (in the image) explaining that she's decided to "spare you the humiliation of getting a question wrong and simply keep you bound for the entire duration!"

3. Create a new image for the "Images3" folder (called zdom3.jpg) with a caption reading something to the effect of "Enjoy, slave!"

4. Create a question file (zdom1.txt) that deliberately has no correct answer--for example, all the answers are "Yes, Mistress!" and the final line of the .txt file is something like XXXXX so that there is no option but to fail and have to spend the entire time tied up.

The idea is to put just a few of these "trap" image/question sets in the main folders, and if the game happens to pick one of them, the player will end up staying bound for the duration no matter how good his/her memory is, because the "dominatrix" decided it should be that way! Should be very frustrating after making it through the whole card game!

However, this would only works if the game selects the images randomly every time you play it. If it simply goes through the list in alphabetical order, I doesn't seem like it would work (until the game works its way down to zdom1.txt)

I hope I am being clear with this question.

Thank you again for your hard work! I wish I had the skills to contribute!

-K