Vanilla ^^ alternative for the motion detector

Selfbondage software and other kinky developments

Moderators: Riddle, Shannon SteelSlave

lianray

Vanilla ^^ alternative for the motion detector

Post by lianray »

On my x64 windows 7 laptop I couldn't get the motion detector to work.
When the confirmation window pops up it stops responding to any mouse clicks, nor does the timer start. Other programs work though.

In the meanwhile I checked out some totally regular programs that can be utilized for more twisted use ;)

One of the best that I tried was Yawcam, It's freeware, requires java runtime and directx so it's only for windows though, no clue if it runs on wine.
Basically it is meant to turn your webcam in a surveillance camera that in turn can control various end results such as running an executable file ... ;)

When installed go to Settings, detect webcam to select your webcam,

Then you can click on enable motion in the main interface.
After that you can set up the motion settings by going to Window -> Motion Detection.
There you can change the following settings:

Full image or select part of image to detect motion in.
Sensitivity of detection
Tolerance of when to trigger the action
Invert motion detection, so you are made to keep moving
interval time of detection: it will compare two images between this interval and checks the amount of movement that occured, when you think about it, you can do pretty fun stuff with it.

Under the Actions tab you can then select your favourite exe file or immediately select a sound file among other things. It also has a timeout setting for every action, so when an "event" occurs it will wait some time before it triggers again.

It also has inbuild streaming out for any watchers to enjoy if so desired, so all in all a useful program.

link: www dot yawcam dot com

PS: I am in no way associated with this application, just found it do the trick if you run into issues with the motion detector software.
qwerty212

Re: Vanilla ^^ alternative for the motion detector

Post by qwerty212 »

Sounds like a good alternative.

For future releases I will include x86 and x64 versions in all the programs.

Here it is the Selfbondage Motion Detector 1.1 compiled for 64 bits systems:

Selfbondage Motion Detector 1.1 x64

Remember that you will need to have silverlight 4 for 64 bits systems too.

Let me know if it works fine in your computer.

Greets from Barcelona