The Official Update Suggestion Thread

Post your feedback, thoughts, questions and ideas on the main site here.
anna
Site Admin

Re: The Official Update Suggestion Thread

Post by anna »

onestrangeguy wrote:My thought was that if this was an easy change, it might be worthwile.
It is theoretically possible to fix this issue but it would require quite a lot of heavy surgery into the forum software and I want to avoid that. I would not have hesitated fix it if it was a simple configuration issue but unfortunately the new forum software do not feature any link settings.

Try clicking on the links with your middle mouse button instead. This could open the link in a new window if your browser supports that feature. Otherwise you can always right click on the link and chose "Open Link in New Window" from the popup that appear. These two technique has the added benefit of working on almost all websites on the whole internet.
A glass of water longing for the ocean.
onestrangeguy

Post by onestrangeguy »

anna wrote:Try clicking on the links with your middle mouse button instead. This could open the link in a new window if your browser supports that feature. Otherwise you can always right click on the link and chose "Open Link in New Window" from the popup that appear. These two technique has the added benefit of working on almost all websites on the whole internet.
What middle mouse button?...
You mean I gotta buy a new mouse...
And get more training to learn to use it... :lol:

Then there's this 'Right click' thingy that you speak of... :roll:
I've at least heard of that once before... 8)
I'm learnin all sortsa new stuff here.

Really!
Thanks. :hi:
There's a fine line between cuddling and holding someone down so they can't get away.
anna
Site Admin

Post by anna »

onestrangeguy wrote:What middle mouse button?...
Try pushing down on the mouse wheel if your mouse has that. The middle mouse button is often integrated into the mouse wheel, something everyone seem to know except me. I found it out completely by accident. :oops:
onestrangeguy

Post by onestrangeguy »

anna wrote:Try pushing down on the mouse wheel if your mouse has that. The middle mouse button is often integrated into the mouse wheel, something everyone seem to know except me. I found it out completely by accident. :oops:
Well, whadya know, that works too.
I always thought the three button mouse was dead because nobody ever used the third button anyway. I guess they just hid it hoping that us old fogies wouldn't find it. That almost worked. :lol:
There's a fine line between cuddling and holding someone down so they can't get away.
Kronopticon

Post by Kronopticon »

meh, i've personally never had the need to use the third button, and i prefer right-clicking. simples.
http://fetlife.com/users/209924 <- My Fetlife Page
"If you're enjoying it, that means you're doing it right."
s661055

Post by s661055 »

You could also just hold down ctrl to open the window in a new tab
Fullspectrum

Post by Fullspectrum »

Hi Anna,

I am an early member but haven't posted in a few years.

I was wondering if you could add a section devoted to people looking for fellow members in their area.

I am from Pittsburgh and would love to interact with others from my town.

Just a suggestion and a request.
scarfbind

For the pixel-impaired

Post by scarfbind »

I am happy to have a laptop with a high-resolution screen, but this means some icons and buttons are tiny. The one I have the most trouble with on this and many other forums is the page selection in multi-page posts - the "forward/backward" icons are only a couple pixels wide, meaning they are very hard to hit with a trackpad or an overly-sensitive mouse.

I know it's a nit-pick, but I only suggest is because i have no knots to pick instead.
bound_jenny

Re: For the pixel-impaired

Post by bound_jenny »

scarfbind wrote:I am happy to have a laptop with a high-resolution screen, but this means some icons and buttons are tiny. The one I have the most trouble with on this and many other forums is the page selection in multi-page posts - the "forward/backward" icons are only a couple pixels wide, meaning they are very hard to hit with a trackpad or an overly-sensitive mouse.

I know it's a nit-pick, but I only suggest is because i have no knots to pick instead.
If you are using Firefox, you can hold down Ctrl and use the mouse wheel to increase the text and graphic size (it works for both). :hi:

Jenny.
Helplessness is a doorway to the innermost reaches of the soul.
If my corset isn't tight, it just isn't right!
Kink is the spice of life!
Come to the Dark Side - we have cookies!
nitro
Retired Moderator

Post by nitro »

If you have your mouse wheel set for window scrolling like I do you can use the Ctrl-+ and Ctrl--
(Hold down the control key (Ctrl) and press plus (+) or minus (-) as many times as you need to zoom in or out.)

I recently upgraded my laptop and the screen resolution is about 2x so the fonts are about 2x smaller. I set the default font larger but many web pages force the font. The Ctrl-+ works well (works in Seamonkey browser too)
anna
Site Admin

Re: For the pixel-impaired

Post by anna »

scarfbind wrote:I am happy to have a laptop with a high-resolution screen, but this means some icons and buttons are tiny.
Boundanna.com is really not made for high resolutions, it makes the whole site look even funnier than it should be. Unfortunately I do not have any good solution to this problem as it it would require a redesign of the whole site as it is now relying on the back button for navigation. But note that most links do not go very deep, so clicking on the section link in the site navigation often work just as well as clicking the back button.

Perhaps the appearances of the back and forward buttons can be changed by some sort of plug in to the browser.
BondageGames

Maybe more moderation?

Post by BondageGames »

This place is possibly in slight need of more moderation, or it will be soon.

The amount of spam is growing ever so slightly, and only two mistresses are left (actively) to tend to us while the queen is away. That's not to mention the fact that there are 3000 members to look after, whether they're spammers or not. That's a lot of people! And don't get me wrong, you two do really well. I just feel that if Anna trusts anyone enough, more moderation can't hurt at this point. Most of the registered mods at this point, sadly, are retired. :(

Just throwing it out there. I'll say it again; most of the time Jenny and Pony do a great job. I would say all of the time, but there's no way that they can be here all of the time. There are windows without moderation, and that lets spam happen uncontrolled (although it's not as bad here as it very well could be).

PS - I feel that any offense taken (for whatever reason) by Mistress Jenny, or Pony, should be thrown out the window this time because this is the suggestion thread, which should be free of violence (pleasureable or not ;) ).

EDIT: I apologize to LoRee. I completely forgot about you! The way you have been making me envy your situations and stories made me forget your name was green :( So much for the no violence. I deserve it now (there's your cue, Jenny! ;) )

Sorry LoRee. :oops: .
bound_jenny

Post by bound_jenny »

Around the clock moderation is not really needed, even if an extra moderator is not unwelcome. LoRee, ponylady and myself are around quite frequenty enough to remove spam posts as they come - at most a day might pass before measures are applied. Then Queen Anna takes over and deals the coup-de-grace. :whip:

@BondageGames: where do you want it? Nah, that's just a trick question. I'll decide where... :gag: :whip: :twisted:

Jenny.
Helplessness is a doorway to the innermost reaches of the soul.
If my corset isn't tight, it just isn't right!
Kink is the spice of life!
Come to the Dark Side - we have cookies!
Kronopticon

Post by Kronopticon »

*cough* im here most of the time... :) i wouldnt mind being a moderator... ^-^ :mrgreen: pls dont kill me :mrgreen:
http://fetlife.com/users/209924 <- My Fetlife Page
"If you're enjoying it, that means you're doing it right."
anna
Site Admin

Post by anna »

The moderator team is doing a brilliant work dealing with the spam that slips through the spam filters. Most of the readers of this forum sees only part of the issues that the moderators deal with. The work has been done to perfection so far but the moderator team could naturally always be increased in size if it would improve the forum.