DIY Leather Cuffs (Ankle or Wrist)

Ideas and instructions how you can make your own bondage toys.
curious_sb
Retired Moderator

Post by curious_sb »

Nice work! If you manage to get better quality photos, please post them too!
Curious_SB
Retired Forum Moderator
Mason

Post by Mason »

Last edited by Mason on 07 Mar 2020, 22:06, edited 1 time in total.
curious_sb
Retired Moderator

Post by curious_sb »

If anyone is still holding out yes, when time permits, i am trying to work on my masterpeice DIY Leather Cuffs, they ARE going ot be awesome when they are done, WHEN they are done.

Although to be honest I think it woudl have been less painful and time consuming to have conquered my fear of sex-shops and gone out and bought a pair, however, in the name of science, and principle, yes the project is still on.

In the meantime if anyone else has pictures of their handywork, no mater how good or bad, post them in here to give me some inspiration, and others some ideas...

Cheers!
Curious_SB
Retired Forum Moderator
LoRee
Retired Moderator

Post by LoRee »

You know urious_sb you could always buy a set off the internet instead of risk being seen in one of those fifthy sex shops with all the priests and decon from the chruch n' all . . . . :lol: :lol: :lol:
"I find it far more annoying when the universe makes me work for damnation. I prefer it just gave it to me and save me the effort"
huve

Post by huve »

LoRee wrote:You know urious_sb you could always buy a set off the internet instead of risk being seen in one of those fifthy sex shops with all the priests and decon from the chruch n' all . . . . :lol: :lol: :lol:
Its funny, I find that it shose places all those guys hang out.
curious_sb
Retired Moderator

Post by curious_sb »

Just a quick update to my leather cuff project, still no pictures I am afraid, however I found the perfect set of belts, cut down to size, But I am having trouble mastering the art of setting leather rivets, I bought some from bowstock.co.uk earlier in the year but they were too small to hold the thickness of two belts together securely so I had to go back and buy bigger ones, and a rivet setting tool, problem is that the rivets always slip and bend when I hammer them down so they do not look perfect enought to use on my lovely belts. I have a spare bit of leather I am practising on.

Note: If you are interested in leather rivetting, you need a REALLY flat surface, I guess preferably an anvil or something, because the metal of the rivets is so soft it will pick up any imperfections in the surface you choose to hammer them on, like I started with a pavement, which was an utter disaster, then I tried a metal drain cover, nope, then I tried a super smooth concrete step, which I had better results with, but the rivets keep bending like weak woodnails when I hit them.

Going to try gentle tapping to find the optimal force to hammer the rivets home, but still have something that looks aesthetically pleasing, not something that has just been run over by a dump truck.

Once I have that bit mastered, I am going to work on mouting some D rings on the cuffs.

Don't hold your breath, this is harder than you think.
Curious_SB
Retired Forum Moderator