Your role in BDSM

Anything that does not fit any of the other categories.

Which of these descriptions fits you best?

Poll ended at 02 Sep 2008, 16:51

I enjoy looking and acting mean, and I prefer harsh and unmerciful scenarios.
14%
I go about my daily business like everyone else, but love extreme scenarios.
45%
I like to act mean, but I prefer gentle play.
14%
I'm kind and friendly, and I'm not a fan more extreme play.
27%
I think bondage should be banned! Argh! I'm so angry! >:(
No votes

Total votes: 22

KinkyMonkey

Your role in BDSM

Post by KinkyMonkey »

I ran this poll because my friend insisted that everyone who liked bondage was the same. He said that everyone was gothic, unfriendly and enjoyed extreme pain. I strongly disagreed with this and now I want to prove it.
bound_jenny

Post by bound_jenny »

I find it difficult to shoehorn myself into one of those categories.

In real life, I endeavor to be as polite, cultivated and kind as possible.

In BDSM and related domains, I am completely unpredictable. It all depends on the spur of the moment. I cannot say that I crave extreme scenarios. I prefer variety.

However, as time passes and I experience more in my explorations of bondage, I am realizing that I am a bit of a "painslut" in my moments. Sometimes an uncomfortable bondage position will really get me aroused, and I strain and struggle to get more out of it (that's what happened on Sunday morning...). Other times, I just want to be quiet and comfortable, unable to move, with the feeling of the ropes on my body to keep me company.

That and the occasional spider. :wink:

Jenny.
Helplessness is a doorway to the innermost reaches of the soul.
If my corset isn't tight, it just isn't right!
Kink is the spice of life!
Come to the Dark Side - we have cookies!
Amy_Tenchi

Post by Amy_Tenchi »

Oooh...comparison to outside the house to inside.... :D :D

Truly, its like my extreme difference online vs off line. :?

I am traditionally a quiet person, that straight a-b little nerdy girl that went through high school with a few friends, some crazier than others, but all geeky in their own rights. I try WAY too hard to make everyone happy, and rarely care for myself.

When I play....all that little innocent-stuff goes flying out the window. My boyfriend is even shocked how dramatic the difference is. I always want everything about me, on me, either as the seme or uke (if playing with others) and pain almost always needs to be a factor. Makes the clock move oh so much slower....

I guess thats the one thing in common between the both worlds - i hate it when minutes feel like hours! :wink:
-Missing In Action-
--May or May Not Return--
Nuclearo

Post by Nuclearo »

Yet another generally nice person who likes crazy/painful/weird (or as i like to call it "fun" :twisted:) bondage scenarios. I'm one of the classic 'you'd never guess' types. Well, maybe except the fem stuff :wink:

To me it's pretty nicely balanced: a whiny guy who likes everything happening his way without having to actually do anything in real life who wants to be a tortured sex slave, and made to do chores in women's clothes with his cock locked away in a chastity device.

If life is like a mathematical series in the end of it all I'm supposed to converge into a perfectly balanced zero :D
Why choose when you can combine?
Dark_Lizerd

Post by Dark_Lizerd »

You may need to adjust your poll just a bit...

add: "I'm kind and friendly, and I'm not a fan more extreme play, but fantasise about it being rough"
All advice is checked, re-checked and verified to be questionable...
Don't ask, we both wont understand the answer...
http://www.mediafire.com/download/09dtr ... e_V2_2.exe Not just for nubies any more...
Grinser

Post by Grinser »

Guess I represent the other side of the coin... I am not a very nice person most of the time, I tend to be unfriendly, arrogant and easy to enrage and when I have "vanilla" sex, I prefer rough and powerful to tender and cuddly. When playing though, I am very gentle and more into mind games and teasing than into whips and candle wax. I guess the knowledge that the sub has essentially placed their life in my hands kind of calms me down.
There is a beast inside man that should be exercised, not exorcised.
teh-ah-tim-eh

Post by teh-ah-tim-eh »

I'm a nerdy type but also quite hippy in my views on life and things around me...well i don't care about a thing really.
If your naughty go to your room...if you want to be naughty go to mine
Fesselfan

Post by Fesselfan »

I am usually a calm, friendly person.
When I am playing, I am calm and friendly too...however, my subbe insists that the way I am calm and friendly then sends shivers down her spine :)

As a side note, and as a reply to the opening post...

This is one thing which always wondered me. Why should a sexual preference have much influence about how you are?

After all, "bondagers" are humans like everyone else, they just like ropes.
They come in all colors, deamenors, sizes etc.
I am an active BDSM player now for eight years, and in these years met many people in that "scene", from all paths of life. And they are all different.

Your friends perception seems to be the usual stereotype, perhaps coming from the way BDSM people are portraied in the media
"Do you suffer from perverted fantasies?"
"Suffer? I whoefully enjoy them!"
bound_jenny

Post by bound_jenny »

Fesselfan wrote:Your friends perception seems to be the usual stereotype, perhaps coming from the way BDSM people are portraied in the media
Agreed. The only time I ever saw any BDSM people portrayed in a sensitive manner on popular media was on CSI - Melinda Clarke as Lady Heather. It was shown that people who indulge in BDSM can be just regular people with feelings, desires, needs, strengths and weaknesses.

Come to think of it, CSI also portrayed transsexuals in a sensitive manner in one episode (I believe Sarah Buxton - a lovely lady in her own right - played a transsexual in there). They seem to make a habit of showing that no matter what one's choice in life is (or what one was born with), people are people.

You've got to respect that. A lot.

Jenny.
Helplessness is a doorway to the innermost reaches of the soul.
If my corset isn't tight, it just isn't right!
Kink is the spice of life!
Come to the Dark Side - we have cookies!
Fesselfan

Post by Fesselfan »

Perhaps the main problem - in the point of view of certain media- is that "normal" people engagin in BDSM is nothing spectacular, nothing you can point your finger at.

Let's speculate a bit...
if we see someone in a movie, do we know if that charackter is into BDSM "at home"? Mostly not, as it is not important to the story. It only becomes important if it's interwoven with the story, maybe in a crime or so.

Example:
Take danny ocean (george clooney) from oceans eleven. Do we get to know his sexual kinks? no. He may dislike blow-jobs. He may be into BDSM. We do not know.

Just my 2 cents ;)
"Do you suffer from perverted fantasies?"
"Suffer? I whoefully enjoy them!"
KinkyMonkey

Post by KinkyMonkey »

Oh I forgot to mention that I set this poll to expire after 7 days.

So if you want to vote, do so before next Tuesday (or Wednesday... i think...)