ice block key release

This is the place where you can share your thoughts on selfbondage with like minded people.
cerenaselfbound

ice block key release

Post by cerenaselfbound »

I want to try this for the first time. I want to be chained to my double bed for around 5-6 hours. What would be the best option, I was thinking of a plastic bottle, any other suggestions?
the_toymaker991

Post by the_toymaker991 »

It would be much more reliable to use the CD drive release. You could use a string to make it swing to your bound hands. You could also purchase a timer at walmart for about $20. You could plug it to a lamp and use a padlock to lock your hands.

The reason I suggest these alternative methods, is that with that much ice, calculating the proper release time gets exponentially harder with each extra desired hour.
bound_jenny

Post by bound_jenny »

In timed release scenarios, I use a battery-powered clock mechanism ($2 at a local hobby store) and have a plastic film can stuck to the hour shaft. I can get up to eight hours (plus or minus). The key is hung on a string or chain from the ceiling and it drops right within reach of my hand (nowhere else!).

To be extra sure, I tested it many times with a small screw inside the can over a hard floor - so I can hear it drop from anywhere in the house and thus confirm it worked correctly.

Jenny.
Helplessness is a doorway to the innermost reaches of the soul.
If my corset isn't tight, it just isn't right!
Kink is the spice of life!
Come to the Dark Side - we have cookies!
Hugh Mannity

Post by Hugh Mannity »

Yes i agree with the_toymaker, calculating the waiting time with the ice release is difficult. I try to use alternative when available

I too prefer the release jenny mentioned, the clock release. This has been proved to be very reliable and can easily be set to how many hours as you like.
Dark_Lizerd

Post by Dark_Lizerd »

Simple.... combo lock in a dark room...(leave window open for morning light...)
or use an outlet timmer and a lamp... the lamp goes out after turnoff time, and back on on turn on time...
(.... and if the house catches fire, you still have a light to open the lock... but you may want to hurry!!! :shock: )
:lol:
All advice is checked, re-checked and verified to be questionable...
Don't ask, we both wont understand the answer...
http://www.mediafire.com/download/09dtr ... e_V2_2.exe Not just for nubies any more...
Amy_Tenchi

Post by Amy_Tenchi »

Unfortunately....I always squirm out of my binds...which is why I need someone else to tie it for me. Then I don't need to worry about it come out :D :D

I do however do moving bondage thus far, always just leaving the key out of reach until something melts or i get enough knots out to allow me to inch along.
-Missing In Action-
--May or May Not Return--
SouthBoundBelle

Post by SouthBoundBelle »

Hhhmmm. Can anyone point us to a diagram of this clock/timer release? I have always used candles or ice. I have abandoned the candle as too unpredictable. On far too many occasions, candles have left me hopping down the hall in high heels with one of my husband’s golf clubs clenched tightly behind me so I can hook the string with the key, scissors, or pen knife. Ice in a stocking has never failed me and I have been using it a long time. 6 cubes from our icemaker is between 2-3 hours of fun. You all have me curious about this timer thing though.

Dinah
Of all the fetishes in the world, I believe I like most of them.
bound_jenny

Post by bound_jenny »

There is this one on the main site:

http://www.boundanna.net/html/en_tech_t ... clock.html

That's what inspired me. Here's mine:

Image Image Image

The clock mechanism is something very inexpensive that you can buy in hobby or craft stores - some people like to make their own clocks out of items other than clock faces - circular saw blades, dinner plates, etc.

Drill a hole in the side of the can (not easy with those slippery plastic ones) the size of the hour shaft (or minute shaft if you're in a hurry :P )
or maybe just a smidge smaller so it's a good squeeze fit if you don't want to glue it on.

Jenny.
Helplessness is a doorway to the innermost reaches of the soul.
If my corset isn't tight, it just isn't right!
Kink is the spice of life!
Come to the Dark Side - we have cookies!
SouthBoundBelle

Post by SouthBoundBelle »

Awesome. I think I can manage that. Thanks Jenny.

D.
Of all the fetishes in the world, I believe I like most of them.