Continental Road Trip

Anything that does not fit any of the other categories.
Riddle

Continental Road Trip

Post by Riddle »

Hoping for some time away around June/July timeframe within the continental United States. Thinking head North-Northeast out of Oregon, run I-90 East to Maine, South to Florida, West to Texas, North at Arizona to Nevada and then Oregon. Intend to stay out of Washington and California. Any good suggestions for locations to visit and locations to go around?
Resident timer maker. :hi:
Let’s make timers together!
Shannon SteelSlave

Re: Continental Road Trip

Post by Shannon SteelSlave »

There's a witch museum in Salem.
https://www.witchdungeon.com/witchdungeon.html
And a Samantha Stevens statue.
Bondage is like a foreign film without subtitles. Only through sharing and practice can we hope to understand.
A Jedi uses bondage for knowledge and defense, never for attack.
I am so smart! I am so smart! S-M-R-T!....I, I mean S-M-A-R-T!
👠👠
bounddosster

Post by bounddosster »

From expression on the statues face her broom stick needed rubbing down a bit better because she looks like shes sitting on a big splinter. I don't recall Elizabeth Montgomery looking like that.
That's my excuse and I'm sticking to it.
Shannon SteelSlave

Post by Shannon SteelSlave »

From that angle, I don't see the front of the broom.....
Bondage is like a foreign film without subtitles. Only through sharing and practice can we hope to understand.
A Jedi uses bondage for knowledge and defense, never for attack.
I am so smart! I am so smart! S-M-R-T!....I, I mean S-M-A-R-T!
👠👠
bounddosster

Post by bounddosster »

Shannon SteelSlave wrote: 27 Mar 2024, 13:11 From that angle, I don't see the front of the broom.....
:rofl: I think I know what you're hinting at there. That could well explain the look on her face, especially if the handle was in need of a sandpaper handjob :shock:

Has anyone noticed the guy in the background, under her left arm, boasting about the size of his cock.
I don't believe him.
That's my excuse and I'm sticking to it.
cdinbonds

Post by cdinbonds »

When I was in Salem, many years ago, there were several museums. Mostly the whole town is oriented toward the witch trials, but if I recall one museum was about pirates.

I know why I would avoid Californistan, (firearm laws), Washington is almost as bad but since I live there it's a moot point. I would avoid NY for the same reason, it's as bad if not worse than Cali. Of course you can't get to Maine without going through NY. MA, CT, and RI are all states that are not firearm friendly either, if that is a concern for you.
I would also try to avoid the Illinois Tollway, as I had major problems with their pay online system, and they don't have cash lanes. Do some research before you go if you will be travelling the toll roads. Possibly you can get an EZ pass or whatever they call it that will work for many states.

Depending on how much time you have, there are a lot of interesting side trips off I-90. Some are quite a ways off though. Also depends on your interests.

I enjoyed the Knife River Indian Villages National Historic site, in Stanton, ND., but it is a ways out there, as I recall. If you are doing a camping type trip, there is a nice campground on a large lake a few miles farther north of the villages. If you are doing hotels, not sure what may be close.

Theodore Roosevelt National park has some nice scenery and bison. Camping is first come first served as I recall. There are actually 2 sections to the park. One is right on I-90, the other a few miles north. I never made it to the northern section, as they were doing road construction and after about 45 minutes waiting for the road to open, I gave up as I hadn't planned to spend a lot of time there anyway.

If you are interested in submarines, New London CT has a submarine museum with the Nautilus, and some other subs. There is a sub base there, and the Coast Guard Academy is across the river and open to the public. Some times the training vessel Eagle is in port also. Not sure if there are tours when is at home base, but it can be seen from the bridge if you are just passing through.

Mystic Connecticut has the Mystic seaport, as well as a really nice aquarium. Seaport is one of my favorites, plenty of ships to tour, and the whole thing is set up like an old seafaring town, with everything necessary to support the industry.

You may have guessed my interests are mostly nautical when it comes to the north east, but there are plenty of other things to see and do. The finger Lakes region of Upstate NY is beautiful, and there are lots of vineyards and wine tours if that's your thing. Also, there are nice hiking trails through various glens, with nice waterfalls, etc.

I never spent much time in the Adirondacks, but they are a beautiful area as well. Corning NY has the Corning Glass Works Museum if you are into glass art and history

I lived in Upstate NY for most of my life, and my sister lived in CT and RI, so I know that area a bit. Used to scuba dive on Cape Anne, MA, the site of the "Perfect Storm". Some interesting things in Gloucester if you are interested in the history of the fishing industry.

Colorado and Utah have some great places to explore also. I recommend Mesa Verde for the cliff dwellings, and there is a steam train excursion out of Durango, that we didn't do, but is supposed to be very nice. We went into a gold mine in Cripple Creek, cool tour.

Let me know your interests and I may be able to help with some things to see. I've driven I-90 about 6 time both ways, but usually just trying to get from coast to coast and didn't spend a lot of time sight seeing. I did notice some things that sounded interesting, but didn't really have time to stop.
There's a fine line between cuddling and holding someone down so they can't get away.
The beatings will continue until morale improves.
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons - for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.
Riddle

Post by Riddle »

:rofl: New York only stayed on the travel route for Maine. :facepalm:
Fuel prices in California and Washington are too expensive.

The trip is mostly for visiting friends normally too far away to visit. Beautiful scenery like mountains, forests, and perhaps some bodies of water would be nice. Not interested in hiking so vehicle (4X4 with 32” tires, pavement and gravel optional :rofl: ) access required.
Resident timer maker. :hi:
Let’s make timers together!
cdinbonds

Post by cdinbonds »

Pretty much everything I mentioned is easily accessible. Some is even handicap accessible so no real hiking required. Mostly from parking area to attraction. For instance, the gold mine is right next to the parking lot, maybe 50 yds if you are at the edge of the lot. Some places are much bigger, and the walk in may be longer, but mostly on paved walks. Things like the Mystic Seaport are walk intensive, to get from building to building or ship to ship, but all level, easy walks.
There's a fine line between cuddling and holding someone down so they can't get away.
The beatings will continue until morale improves.
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons - for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.