Anyone experience with a KeyPod?

Chastity is perhaps the ultimate in long term selfbondage.
KinkInSpace

Anyone experience with a KeyPod?

Post by KinkInSpace »

I was wondering if anyone has experience with a KeyPod?

See also: https://aliexpress.com/item/1005006019017444.html

Basically, this is a very small plastic bluetooth enabled cage where you can store a key for most chastity devices. The box can be locked and unlocked using an app with bluetooth, and although I haven't been able to see a lot about it because most of it contains chinese, there seems to be a timer control in it, and the ability to have someone else install the app, connect both apps together, and thereby allowing someone else to remotely approve your request to open the cage.

The price is currently around 25 euro.
I do see some people mentioning that their chastity key is slightly larger than 5cm and that they don't fit. Also the cage seems a bit fragile and could easily break. But for me that is not really an issue. I'm interested in the timer functionality, but wonder how long the key would be locked up. And yes, I do own a k-Safe with long duration too, but I never use it because it is a bit bulky. I think with this cage, a keyholder can override the timer, which is what I'm looking for anyway. The timer is for my play, but the keyholder function is for emergencies.

Does anyone have experience with this product?
Formally known as Slave_L.
I'm not yet very comfortable expressing my love for kink from my private life. I will therefor hide behind my username KinkInSpace and not allow any connections to who I really am. I'm sure you'll understand.
KinkInSpace

Re: Anyone experience with a KeyPod?

Post by KinkInSpace »

Well... no replies, so I don't think anyone has one of these.

Currently with the sale going on, I bought one for a bit less than 19 euros.

Lets see how well it is.
I'm not yet very comfortable expressing my love for kink from my private life. I will therefor hide behind my username KinkInSpace and not allow any connections to who I really am. I'm sure you'll understand.
KinkInSpace

Post by KinkInSpace »

Okay, I've got mine in.

Its true what they say about the QIUI app being a pain. It would first not let me register, but after resetting the app, it worked a second time and made an account.

It wants to know a lot of information. I've selected to be the slave mode, and it allows me to open/close the lock as I desire.

I can set a timer in the app, with a maximum duration of 99 days, 23 hours and 59 minutes.

With the timer active, it will not allow me to unlock the lock.

I have the ability to clear the timer, but it comes with a concequence. I can do it freely 2 times, after once on a day, then after 3 days, then after 7 days, and after that, only on the 1st of every month.

If I force-close the app, the timer will run in the background anyway. (probably coded so that when you set a timer, it just calculates when the end day is, and when the app is open, it counts down to that moment, which is great.

The keypod itself can be turned on and off at will, no problem.

You need bluetooth to manage it, and an account needs a phone number attached. Your privacy goes out the window.

The lock is not super sturdy, but if you know how it works, it won't easily break either. Not sure if you can close the pod in locked state. It allowed me, but did not want to test if I could get it out or not.

Its now in locked state, and I can't open it, so I know the pod is still working correctly.

Without it being linked to a 2nd account, you can use this for selfbondage play and lock yourself up. The timer can be preset and there is a random button. Given that I have a session planned for the weekend, I don't want to risk it locking the pod for more than a week. I'll test the random function after the session is over.

And yes, I know, I could technically use my reset timer option, but I don't want to. Not yet.

I considered creating a second account and use that as control account, but I don't actually have a 2nd phone number.

The qiui app does a lot more than just managing your device. It has a community in there where you can ask a stranger to become your domme, has a store in there, where you can buy more stuff and if you get a VIP subscription, you can even use your phone's GPS to mark your current location as unlock location. Essentially, this would allow you to go somewhere with the pod, unlock it there, get access to the key, do whatever it is you need to do, put the key back in, lock the pod again, and go away again.

This location could be a toilet in a restaurant, although I would strongly recommend a place that is always accessible. Like a remote parkinglot, so you can do your stuff in the car.

One thing that could improve: if you now unlock it, it will automatically lock itself after 10 seconds or so. I find that fast for trying to get the pod open and closed, although that probably would suggest I can just close the pod in locked state anyway.

Oh, and the app keeps a record of all the times you unlock etc. There is definitely not going to be any possibility to get access to the key without a keyholder knowing, unless you break the pod, but then they'll also know.
KinkInSpace

Post by KinkInSpace »

Alright, so I did the first test with my chastity keys. The keys I use that came with my HolyTrainer are 1mm too large, but I knew that on beforehand. For my metal HT clone cage, the lock that came with those, has keys that are 2mm shorter, so they fit. I also tested that its lock can go on my HolyTrainer.

So tonight, I swapped the keys with lock I normally use, and locked myself up with the other lock+keys. One key was removed from the ring and placed in the keypod which was then locked. No timer though, not yet.

The other key was moved to my emergency key stash. This is a vault in a hidden location where the key to the vault is mounted on the vault itself with one of those plastic chastity locks that once its secured, you can only open them by breaking them. They have a number attached.

My emergency keys are in that vault. In order to open it and add the key, I had to break the seal, and replaced it with a new one. I had 5 to start, now 4, of which 1 is in place, 3 spare.

They came with one of my Chastity cages. I should have 5 more, but was unable to find those.

Anyway, my spare keys are locked away and my current key is in the pod. Because I will have to clean my member tonight, I did not want to lock them away just yet. Tonight, they'll go on a 1 day lock down. Quite exciting even though its nothing new.

But it will do one thing... If during the night, I have too much discomfort, I normally pull my member out so I can get more sleep. But if I pull it out, I cannot fully remove it, but I can't put it back in either. Although I can sleep with that, I can't put on my pants for that, as now I have too much stuff down there.

That is a pretty good incentive to not remove the cage, as the key is unavailable. Yes, I have 2 attempts to break the pod safely (reset the timer) but I want to not use them unless I really have to.

Weird that it feels different now that my key is locked up even if its just one extra step to get the key. But knowing that I can lock it away with a timer changes everything.

Oh what a mindgame this is.
Kinbaku

Post by Kinbaku »

KinkInSpace wrote:Weird that it feels different now that my key is locked up even if its just one extra step to get the key. But knowing that I can lock it away with a timer changes everything.

Oh what a mindgame this is.
:rofl:
It gives you an additional feeling of powerlessness and dependence on the timer program.
Although my timer padlocks can also be opened 3 times before the time expires, I only want to use that when it is really necessary. They give me the same feeling as your Keypod.
KinkInSpace

Post by KinkInSpace »

Yeah. I'm currently locked up for a day, and just checked the timer. 3 more hours to go. I have to enable bluetooth just to see the timer which is a bit weird, but not a big problem.

The fact that the timer is in a program on my phone, and not on the device itself means that even if the pod runs out of power, I can just charge it again and unlock it afterwards easily.

I have a session planned for the weekend where I'll take a bath first, then put on a strict chastity belt and lock myself in for the entire weekend, possibly upto monday morning, and won't have any way out. Even though taking a dump is hard with a steel cable going through my buttocks, I can push it aside and that works well enough.

But the thought that once I commit to this, I won't be able to get out is going to be a challenge. I'm even considering to put the keys in the keypod first, lock that with a timer and then put the belt on, such that that final click of the lock will seal my faith.

Okay, no, no more thinking about it. It has been decided that it is how it will go. I'll probably lock the key in the pod before taking a bath, and have to get locked up when coming out.

Oh boy!
KinkInSpace

Post by KinkInSpace »

Okay, interesting update about the KeyPod.

I am currently in a session, locked for the entire weekend until monday morning in a chastity belt that allows me to poop and clean.

Its tight and an erection hurts, especially at night it can become uncomfortable, but that's what I've chosen.

While all this is normal... something interesting happened.

The QIUI app has a lot more than just controlling your device. It has a whole community and out of the blue, in one day got 3 friendship requests, all dom's that want to be my mistress and control me.

Aside of the whole dom part, you can chat with them too. I chatted with one and that looked real, but it did feel a bit off. I then had an invite from a second, but there never really was a chat. Then the third one we chatted again.

During this chat, that seemed pretty normal at first, I found out this is actually a chatbot. When they told me something, I replied and asked a question, I got the same response, but with a different number. I then directly asked for that response, and got just a number, a different number.

Not sure if the first one was a bot, but they were interested in just dominating me and humiliating me, not something I currently am looking for and they stopped chatting. Could be a real person, not entirely sure. The third one definitely isn't. The third person doesn't have a v in the profile, so it could just be that one.
Mikel

Post by Mikel »

I got one, took several tries before allowed to set up app.
tested for several days seemed to work fine. put keys for device inside it, Two small keys just fit.
tested for hour then two then set for day then another day, worked fine.
set for day again went to open app failed, that was a two weeks ago, still cannot get app to function acts like its not opening or stuck during an update or something. I tried to reinstall and get same thing, reset phone Blah BLah Blah.
contacted Qiui no help lots of miscellaneous rambling with pre written responses so if doesn't open Saturday will pry open the pod.
The unit I'm wearing is a relatively new unit that I had not intended to use for long term, but apparently it CAN be worn long term but its resin and starting to smell even with good scrubbing everyday.

SO be CAREFUL it can fail and make you destroy it, luckily I've been able to tolerate unit I am locked into so far.

Mikel
KinkInSpace

Post by KinkInSpace »

It is exactly this reason why I have 2 keys for my chastity cage, and one key is securely locked in a safe that I need to break a seal for in order to get in, and then replace the seal. Its something I don't want to do, but will rather do that than to destroy the keypod.

This way, I can be safe of getting out and fix things normally rather than being locked up for a long time.

This is especially if I lock the key up and set a timer that is not what I thought it was. For example, I want to set it to 5 hours, but it sets it to 5 months.
Mikel

Post by Mikel »

I agree with you completely.
Normally I have a second key locked away in a metal box as well, but I wanted to try it without a back up, that's why I used the cage I did no back ups anywhere, so it's totally my fault. I did do it knowing the possibility of being forced to break the pod if needed.

But good news, I got it to let me log in yesterday and released my keys so all's well. I guess :)

I'm going to use it again with my daily unit with it's spare locked away in the normal way, KH can chose the time for the pod so no whining from me about duration since getting into box is ONLY for an emergency. LOL

I used to have one of their chastity cages, never had these problems with app and really liked the idea of no key what so ever, I just never could get used to the thin locking ring (Cellmate First version). Then finally the mechanism failed and I had to break it apart to get it open, turned out using it regularly let stuff get into the control unit and jammed up the release bar on the inside.

Until this key pod problem I had been thinking about getting their newest set up but now I have no faith in the app so I'm going to wait.
Riddle

Post by Riddle »

I am curious about how the lock mechanism works and how the circuit board looks. Recently, I realized that the best estim power boxes on the market are crude enough to reflect poorly on the designer and seller. Wondering if the same is true for chastity.
Resident timer maker. :hi:
Let’s make timers together!
Shannon SteelSlave

Post by Shannon SteelSlave »

They're probably following a basic business model. "Get the interest up, then continuously decrease the quality until someone complains."
Bondage is like a foreign film without subtitles. Only through sharing and practice can we hope to understand.
A Jedi uses bondage for knowledge and defense, never for attack.
I am so smart! I am so smart! S-M-R-T!....I, I mean S-M-A-R-T!
👠👠
tobelocked

Post by tobelocked »

I just got mine and I notice when creating a lock via timer or random or the other two options, there is a button at the bottom that says "Take effect immediately after setting completed". Normally, I would select the button so the timer starts immediately. if I didn't select it, nothing happened. I am wondering if anyone knows what this feature is actually for?
Shannon SteelSlave

Post by Shannon SteelSlave »

Aloha from Bound Anna, Tobelocked
Bondage is like a foreign film without subtitles. Only through sharing and practice can we hope to understand.
A Jedi uses bondage for knowledge and defense, never for attack.
I am so smart! I am so smart! S-M-R-T!....I, I mean S-M-A-R-T!
👠👠
Kinbaku

Post by Kinbaku »

tobelocked wrote: 27 Mar 2024, 11:13 I just got mine and I notice when creating a lock via timer or random or the other two options, there is a button at the bottom that says "Take effect immediately after setting completed". Normally, I would select the button so the timer starts immediately. if I didn't select it, nothing happened. I am wondering if anyone knows what this feature is actually for?
Welcome to BoundAnna, tobelocked.

I can't find anything about it on the internet.
If you are using the keypod for a self-bondage with a key instead of for a chastity key, you may be able to wait to activate it when you are ready with the preparation of your zelfbondage.
This way you can first fully perform your self-bondage preparation and only when you are completely ready, activate the keypod by pressing this button. You must then remain in self-bondage as long as you have programmed the keypod for it.