Erratic stepper motors

Anything that does not fit any of the other categories.
John29

Erratic stepper motors

Post by John29 »

Not been on here for a long time but I am now trying to convert an old Denford Triac PC & I am having trouble with all 3 axis jogging.
So it's an old Triac but not connected to original control box. Desktop PC running Windows 7 pro, not connected to internet & all power saving features & updates either off or disabled. UCCNC software with 2017 screenset, UC 400 ETH motion control, original stepper motors, cw5045 drivers, clo-10v breakout board & linear power supply which is kicking out about 43.5 volts.
Problem is that I am not 100% sure if I have the stepper motor wires round the right way, a+ a- b+ b- for one thing. When I try to jog any axis sometimes it moves & sometimes the dros move but motor does not turn. Seems to be random. Sometimes it jogs + & - fine on each axis but then suddenly one direction on an axis stops working. Normally the + direction
Shannon SteelSlave

Re: Erratic stepper motors

Post by Shannon SteelSlave »

Aloha from Bound Anna, John
Bondage is like a foreign film without subtitles. Only through sharing and practice can we hope to understand.
A Jedi uses bondage for knowledge and defense, never for attack.
I am so smart! I am so smart! S-M-R-T!....I, I mean S-M-A-R-T!
👠👠
Kinbaku

Re: Erratic stepper motors

Post by Kinbaku »

Welcome to BoundAnna, John29.
You could look up the data sheet of "your" stepper motor with Google, it usually tells you how to connect the +/- as in the middle of this sheet.
This was my 5000th post. :rofl: