Cerena's very close call to death!

This is the place where you can share your thoughts on selfbondage with like minded people.
cerenaselfbound

Cerena's very close call to death!

Post by cerenaselfbound »

I'm back after a few months after an horrific event.
It was late December '23 & I was enjoying another fantastic SB session in my favorite position, on my back spread eagle. Any newbies here can see a picture here of what I do. viewtopic.php?t=13790

So as usual this was just another long session involving many cums, when suddenly this horrendous noise came from the back of my throat & I couldn't inhale. I knew this wasn't the knicker gag & tried to clear my throat. But because my mouth was packed full with Two pairs my mouth was open with my cheeks packed full, & I couldn't open or close it.
I desperately tried to breathe but there was no way & so I immediately began to release each wrist.
At that moment I wasn't panicking because I knew I had to remain calm & focused as this was a real life major incident. Because my system of tying my wrists had been practiced blindfolded 1000s of times over the decades it wasn't a problem but I knew I had to get on with it because as the seconds ticked I could feel myself becoming light headed due to no oxygen.

I guess it could have only been around 60 seconds or so & my vision was narrowing & I could feel my life slipping away. I remember feeling I can can do this but that was quickly superseded by the realization that I'm done for & going to die.
The last thing I recall was closing my eyes whilst continuing to release one wrist to be able to grab at the rubber OTM & gusset gags, but that was difficult under the serious time pressure I was under. I always have a Black stocking hood pulled down tight over my head & a full Black leather head harness to finish off. At the final moment & within seconds of my life remaining & grabbed my scissors that I always keep by my right hip, found a small gap below my ear & jaw & frantically cut away everything until I was able to push the knicker out.

My God, that was close. I lay there with one arm free & began the process of accepting what had just happened, that's why I had to have a break.
I trashed all my rope, chains, & I actually made the decision to end my SB career once & for all.

Problem was that it wasn't & never could be just a shallow meaningless hobby that made me cum, it's something far deeper. And so I'm just returning to it.
So, this is what happened. Whilst I had been laying on my back for a few hours, some really thick mucous built up, & although I was able to swallow, at some point I couldn't & so it totally blocked my airway. Another few seconds & I would've lost conciseness & never woke up.

Please, everyone here take warning. There is no way I could've known or prevented this from happening, I never even knew this could.
What saved me was that my system of securing myself was devised & practiced 1000s of times whilst blindfolded & in that position, that's why I didn't panic & start frantically struggling.
The terror came from not being able to breath, not release myself.

There are many posts on this site about safety, read all of them & practice your system of escape & I would suggest if you secure yourself in different ways & positions, make certain you can get free from all of them & whilst blindfolded, especially if you secure your wrists behind your back.
Lisahs3

Re: Cerena's very close call to death!

Post by Lisahs3 »

Oh my goodness! That sounds absolutely terrifying.
I am so glad to hear you are alright.

Please be safe everyone x

Lisa
Kinbaku

Post by Kinbaku »

Thanks for sharing this terrifying story. :shock:
Happy that you are back with us and you can write about this.
bounddosster

Post by bounddosster »

Close call, glad you made it, No wonder you thought about quitting SB but we all know why you're back.
Personally I'd never put anything in my mouth while tied, like putting ropes around your throat, the risk is just to great that that one time something will go wrong.
That's my excuse and I'm sticking to it.
Gregovic

Post by Gregovic »

I'm very glad you made it out alive and able to post your tale here. This is exactly why generally it's not recommended to wear a gag during self bondage
How may I serve you? *Curtsey*
JIMDINI

Post by JIMDINI »

Happy you made it out safely, must have been a terrifying event. I can understand your immediate reaction to trash all your gear.
Sadly SB is by its' nature dangerous, some things cannot be anticipated, but emphasise the need to ensure we have our releases well thought out (especially emergency), and yet still we persist.
Never confuse your ambitions with your abilities. If you can't free yourself, who will?
When your helpless, you have no choice but to wait.
darkfox

Post by darkfox »

Oh my, this is a true horror.

It's important every now and then remind myself of these accidents. With time the boldness rises and it does not pay off to be irresponsible.
Bondage begins when you start wanting out...
ponylady

Post by ponylady »

Jeeepers, what a horror
:shock: :shock: :shock:

Very glad you were able to keep your calm & live to tell about it.
[
UrsaMajor

Post by UrsaMajor »

Glad you're safe. That's scary stuff.
Riddle

Post by Riddle »

Glad you survived and have made us aware of the event.

How did this event change your Self-Bondage planning and preparation practices? Is there any important changes you would like us to consider also doing?
Resident timer maker. :hi:
Let’s make timers together!
cerenaselfbound

Post by cerenaselfbound »

Well I won't be laying on my back spread eagle any longer.
Reflecting on what happened, it's possible that I over packed my mouth, 2 pairs of knickers & I used a micro foam tape wrap which pretty much sealed it, so I could only breath through my nose.
It wasn't anything out of the ordinary that I hadn't been doing for decades, so I wasn't overly concerned. I guess it was just a phenomenon that happened.
Thing is for me, without being on my back spread eagle on a double bed, anything else I do doesn't cut it. I have a few other favorite positions but it's not as vulnerable in my abduction fantasy.
One thing to learn here is don't completely seal your mouth as I did.
hogfan-sub

Post by hogfan-sub »

So, so pleased that you are ok; a very frightening experience! It is indeed good that you are well versed in escape/backups.
I did on one occasion get myself into a potentially dangerous situation, with overly tight wrist bondage and ended up battling increasing numbness in my hands and fingers whilst frantically trying to pick at the knots I'd tied way too tight. After a terrifying panic attack I did get free and also "purged" all my gear and vowed never to tie myself again. Of course I did return to my bondage because, as for you, it is a very deeply integrated part of myself. I do however take way more time in planning and safety checking since that incident, which is always a good thing.

I really love gags, but don't use them if I'm going to tie myself on my back (9 times out of 10 though, it's a hogtie for me, for most of the time on my side, with the occasional "flip" on to my front.) I mostly these days go for a silicone bit gag, as I can mouth breathe around it but still enjoy the restriction.
"There is something comforting about being tied up" (Madonna).....Oh how I agree!!

"I've still got the greatest enthusiasm and confidence in the mission." (HAL 9000)