Has this ever been performed?

This is the place where you can share your thoughts on selfbondage with like minded people.
MT206

Has this ever been performed?

Post by MT206 »

Just curious if any videos exist of someone escaping double locked rigid/speed cuffs, or even hinged ones, with the palms facing outwards. There is the odd occasion where the person bound might be able to rotate their wrists 180 degrees to gain a little bit of leverage.

But I'm curious as to whether or not any successful attempt has been filmed or not.
more_secure

Re: Has this ever been performed?

Post by more_secure »

For what it’s worth, I can escape from them but only if I can use my toes to put the key in the lock, so not by rotating the wrists like you said. Plus if that’s the only bondage and I have going on. It’s quite hard though, you can easily get yourself trapped if you’re not careful! It can be nice if you want to play escape games with a partner
== I put on a mask to reveal my true identity ==
ruru67

Post by ruru67 »

I don't think you can reliably force palms-out in handcuffs, at least with smaller wrists - my cuffs can't keep my wrists in any specific orientation. Larger wrists could be, because the internal shape is elongated when looser, and if fully filled by wrists, that would resist twisting them around.

Poking around law enforcement docs, there doesn't seem to be a clear consensus on how tight handcuffs should be applied - obviously everyone agrees that they need to be tight enough to prevent escape, and should not cut off circulation, but that's about where the agreement ends. (Also, various jurisdictions have varying views on when cuffing is required at all - U.S. policy tends toward cuffing regardless for arrest and transportation, whereas other jurisdictions prefer to only use physical restraints if the subject is uncooperative or high risk.)
Kinbaku

Post by Kinbaku »

Yesterday, while searching for such a video - I come across someone who did it with his toes like more_secure :wink: - I found a manual for police: hands behind the back, finger knuckles facing each other (palms facing outwards) and key opening upwards, away from the fingers. Escape then becomes almost impossible. :whip:
It is only used there for a very short period of time, such as moving a prisoner. Once there, the handcuffs are immediately removed.
ruru67

Post by ruru67 »

I would imagine that in general the sorts of people (like me) who could turn their wrists around in handcuffs wouldn't constitute as much of a threat as those who can't. My wrists measure at about 55mm wide by 43 mm thick, but that width compresses down to under 45mm - my cuffs on the other hand go basically circular at 48mm. They'd have to be safely into the "cruel and unusual" level of tightness (risking bruising and circulation problems) before they could be prevented from turning - and at that point you'd be looking at "thumbs out" or "pinkies out" rather than "palms out".