An alternative to the DG-Labs Coyote?

This is the place where you can share your thoughts on selfbondage with like minded people.
bounddosster

Re: An alternative to the DG-Labs Coyote?

Post by bounddosster »

bound_jenny wrote:
bounddosster wrote:I think I'll stick with vibrating nipple clips.
Those work very well for me! :D :wink:

Jenny.
Yeah, there good fun, I just wish I had larger nipples to be able to clamp more. Mens nipples are so small. :(
That's my excuse and I'm sticking to it.
KinkInSpace

Post by KinkInSpace »

Gregovic wrote: How/where did you find this box is EMS? I couldn't find it in the description. (even if it's in there I would wonder if that's true. EMS and TENS are very similar, the difference is mostly the used frequency. I personally wouldn't apply either to my chest though.
Attachments
2023-10-06 18_17_14-Clipboard.png
Formally known as Slave_L.
I'm not yet very comfortable expressing my love for kink from my private life. I will therefor hide behind my username KinkInSpace and not allow any connections to who I really am. I'm sure you'll understand.
Gregovic

Post by Gregovic »

KinkInSpace wrote:
Gregovic wrote: How/where did you find this box is EMS? I couldn't find it in the description. (even if it's in there I would wonder if that's true. EMS and TENS are very similar, the difference is mostly the used frequency. I personally wouldn't apply either to my chest though.
Thank you, completely missed that somehow. We'll see how it differs in experience from the DG-Labs unit then.
How may I serve you? *Curtsey*
Gregovic

Post by Gregovic »

It's arrived. This is going to be a bit badly structured and rambly probably but I don't know if and when I'll have time to sit down and write out a proper review.

Because of the probably slightly dodgy app, and since I needed a spare phone anyway I've bought a cheapish smartphone (Moto G53) to use for it that's not linked to any of my real info. First impressions, the setup is a bit weird. It requires setting up some sort of account or you cant use the app and it asks some weird things. I've used one of my random spam accounts for this. I did need to use the screenshot and translate function on my phone a few times to figure out what buttons to push before I could set the text to english. Once in the app it would seem it's clearly still in development and currently probably focussed on the mainland chinese market. A lot of things (like the labels for the shock patterns) are not translated yet and show Chinese writing instead of english, but at least the basics have been translated. It's not as sophisticated as the DG-labs app yet.

It's definitely an EMS unit that works to activate the muscle, compared to the DG-Labs TENS unit that activates the nerves of the skin. This definitely has it's place though and it's a pretty powerful unit. I couldn't take it at full power with the electrode sticky pads applied to my calf muscles. But as stated above this is also defnitely NOT a unit to use "above the belt".

The good:
It's very compact, about half the size of the DG-Lab (I'll try to post a comparison at some point) but slightly thicker.
The pouch that comes with it is very versatile and makes it easy to connect it to something. It has 2 hooks on the sides to hook it to a stocking or garter or something, and a belt loop to attach it to a belt.
Audio mode imho works a little better than on the DG-labs, it's a little more sensitive and seems more frequency dependant than the DG-lab which in my experience at least seems a little bit On/Off
"Restaint mode" works pretty well, when in kneeling mode (and with the unit in the right position, in needs to be either in front of you or in the small of your back to get the right tilt detected) it definitely can make you think twice about tilting your body out of horizontal. Standing mode feels a little less useful, but also fun to play with.
The app also seems to work fine offline once configured
There is a random strength increase and auto strength increase option available

The bad:
The app and the available options are currently not nearly as good as the DG-labs app, the auto-increase and random strength change are currently mutually exclusive, you can only have one active at a time
When switching modes sometimes the app randomly loses connection with the powerbox
I don't think there's currently a way to link it to X-toys, though I haven't tried yet.

Overall my first impressions are slightly positive, but not sure it is worth the current price. The DG-lab is currently definitely a better choice unless you really want one of the specific options this box enables by having an accelerometer on board
Shannon SteelSlave

Post by Shannon SteelSlave »

Thanks G.
Bondage is like a foreign film without subtitles. Only through sharing and practice can we hope to understand.
A Jedi uses bondage for knowledge and defense, never for attack.
I am so smart! I am so smart! S-M-R-T!....I, I mean S-M-A-R-T!
👠👠
KinkInSpace

Post by KinkInSpace »

Thank you.

The device definitely has some interesting modes, but as you already mentioned, this one is definitely build with specific use cases in mind. If you are not going to do any of these use cases, then the box is not for you. Having the DG-LABS and what my use cases are, I doubt I'll go for one of these, but I'm interested though in how it feels on the penis. The penis doesn't really have muscles, but electricity remains electricity. I'd estimate that it feels less strong as TENS, but maybe the electricity can actually reach the muscles deeper inside, which then would make it far more interesting.

Let us know if you want to test that, and if so, what the result was. :)

I am also interested in the anus part, but I'm fairly sure I can guess what that would do, so you don't have to test that unless you want to yourself.
I'm not yet very comfortable expressing my love for kink from my private life. I will therefor hide behind my username KinkInSpace and not allow any connections to who I really am. I'm sure you'll understand.
Gregovic

Post by Gregovic »

KinkInSpace wrote:Thank you.

The device definitely has some interesting modes, but as you already mentioned, this one is definitely build with specific use cases in mind. If you are not going to do any of these use cases, then the box is not for you. Having the DG-LABS and what my use cases are, I doubt I'll go for one of these, but I'm interested though in how it feels on the penis. The penis doesn't really have muscles, but electricity remains electricity. I'd estimate that it feels less strong as TENS, but maybe the electricity can actually reach the muscles deeper inside, which then would make it far more interesting.

Let us know if you want to test that, and if so, what the result was. :)

I am also interested in the anus part, but I'm fairly sure I can guess what that would do, so you don't have to test that unless you want to yourself.
I want to do a session with it and my e-stim chastity cage at some point, don't know when I'll get around to it. I also want to try backdoor play but I just don't get to do that very often as I have some intestinal issues that mean I don't always feel like doing things "back there". (Plus I really prefer flushing things out a bit first to avoid stinky messes during and after play, but that takes a while for preparation too.) I'll let you know how things go.
KinkInSpace

Post by KinkInSpace »

Sure. No pressure (no pun intended).

Take your time. If you do it next year, that's also fine. :)
Gregovic

Post by Gregovic »

Had a little play around with the e-stim chastity cage and the Yiciyuan box vs. the DG-labs unit (after some annoyance at BOTH apps deciding they needed updating before they'd work... At least they fixed a few of the non translated text (hours and minutes now shows correctly in Latin script, the pattern names still haven't been updated) in the Yiciyuan app. Had channel A connected to the cage and channel B connected to sticky pads on either side of my thighs right next to my "bits". Swapped between the DG-labs and the Yiciyuan box to get a comparison

Straight comparison I'd say both boxes are similarly powerful (I can't take full output of either) with the DG-labs having a slight edge. I prefer the feeling of the Yiciyuan box at higher power levels though. The DG-labs gets a little buzzy/prickly at high power, while the Yiciyuan is a little smoother and doesn't feel as "fast repeating stabby" as the DG-labs does.

The Restraint mode in kneeling position is fun to play with, set to a high level it definitely makes you think twice about getting up. "Keep moving" also does exactly what you'd expect, especially with a short wait before it starts shocking you really want to keep moving. Placing the phone in the K-safe and locking that for a while meant I'd have no choice but to keep moving (if I didn't have access to the box... Gotta find a way to fix that some time. Still planning on making a box for the DG-labs too. Life just keeps getting in the way)
KinkInSpace

Post by KinkInSpace »

Thanks for the review. The box sounds interesting. If I'm up for a session like this, I will definitely consider buying this unit.
Kinbaku

Post by Kinbaku »

Gregovic wrote:Had a little play around with the e-stim chastity cage and the Yiciyuan box vs. the DG-labs unit (after some annoyance at BOTH apps deciding they needed updating before they'd work...

The Restraint mode in kneeling position is fun to play with, set to a high level it definitely makes you think twice about getting up. "Keep moving" also does exactly what you'd expect, especially with a short wait before it starts shocking you really want to keep moving. Placing the phone in the K-safe and locking that for a while meant I'd have no choice but to keep moving (if I didn't have access to the box... Gotta find a way to fix that some time. Still planning on making a box for the DG-labs too. Life just keeps getting in the way)
Thanks for testing and description of this.
Specially the Restraint mode and Keep moving mode interests me. :mrgreen:
OhYeah

Post by OhYeah »

looks good - thank you
Shannon SteelSlave

Post by Shannon SteelSlave »

Aloha from Bound Anna, Oh Yeah.
Let us celebrate with a tall glass of Kool Aid.
Bondage is like a foreign film without subtitles. Only through sharing and practice can we hope to understand.
A Jedi uses bondage for knowledge and defense, never for attack.
I am so smart! I am so smart! S-M-R-T!....I, I mean S-M-A-R-T!
👠👠
Kinbaku

Post by Kinbaku »

Welcome to the BoundAnna forum, OhYeah.