Need help finding a good outlet timer to control vibrator…

This is the place where you can share your thoughts on selfbondage with like minded people.
Born2BeBound

Need help finding a good outlet timer to control vibrator…

Post by Born2BeBound »

Hi everyone,

Forced orgasm/forced stimulation sessions are something I’ve wanted to incorporate into my self bondage for a long time now. I have a forced orgasm belt and recently got a decent corded wand vibrator. The thought of being bound with a vibrator buzzing against my chastity cage, teasing me before eventually bringing me to orgasm is incredibly hot. (Yes I know my opinion on that will quickly change once I orgasm lol, that’s another matter entirely.) I’ve seen posts from people mentioning timers used to control their vibrators, with dozens of custom on/off settings. I love the idea of having it turn on suddenly for a minute, off for 2-3 mins, on for another minute, off for 1-3 minutes etc. But basically I’m kind of struggling to find one good outlet timer that lets me set numerous custom on/off times like that. I’ve searched online and in store for timers, but I’m never sure from the descriptions/packaging if it will let me do that. I recall someone mentioning their timer allows for 70 custom on/off times. So I know those timers must be out there, but trying to search forums for a link to one, I’m not having any luck.

So if anyone could post the link for the timer they use, or link one that they know will work for my needs I’d be really grateful.
kinbaku

Re: Need help finding a good outlet timer to control vibrato

Post by kinbaku »

celine 13006 wrote:Hi.
I use this one:
https://www.amazon.fr/ReVolt-minuterie- ... B0017SFKH2
That is a good one. I have about the same: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=12777&hilit=timer+c ... =15#p92783. The main thing is that you see that the minimum On and Off can be set to at least 1 minute or less. (The mechanical ones usually only have an adjustment option of at least fifteen minutes and that is too long for what you want to use it for).

Also have a look around at Do It Yourself Business: I bought 2 for the price of 1 during an advertising campaign.

With an Arduino you have even more possibilities: it works his program in parts of a second. :mrgreen:

Depending on which vibrator you have, you can also use other programs such as xtoys.app and for the Lovense vibrators the Lovense app.
SelfBondageTorment

Post by SelfBondageTorment »

This is what I use for various self-bondage and self-torture activities. What you want is a digital short-cycle timer; they are typically used for pumps, fans, and hydroponics.

https://www.hydroponics.net/i/199990
Born2BeBound

Post by Born2BeBound »

Thanks for the responses guys! So from them, it looks like the ones I was considering on Amazon prior to asking were pretty much what I wanted. Wasn’t able to find the exact brand linked but ended up buying this one, essentially the same thing:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0887SFL ... asin_image

Now there is one other one I was considering, very similar, only allows 19 custom on/off times as opposed to 20, but it doesn’t have a minimum on time of 1 minute. Basically you can adjust the seconds, turn on for 25 seconds, off for 40 seconds, on for 30, etc, whatever.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07QJ3K43N/?c ... _lig_dp_it

I definitely like that idea and it’s something I’ll go for in the future, if for no other reason than I worry that depending on how excited I am I very well may not last the first minute long cycle haha.
kinbaku wrote:
celine 13006 wrote:Hi.
I use this one:
https://www.amazon.fr/ReVolt-minuterie- ... B0017SFKH2
That is a good one. I have about the same: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=12777&hilit=timer+c ... =15#p92783. The main thing is that you see that the minimum On and Off can be set to at least 1 minute or less. (The mechanical ones usually only have an adjustment option of at least fifteen minutes and that is too long for what you want to use it for).

Also have a look around at Do It Yourself Business: I bought 2 for the price of 1 during an advertising campaign.

With an Arduino you have even more possibilities: it works his program in parts of a second. :mrgreen:

Depending on which vibrator you have, you can also use other programs such as xtoys.app and for the Lovense vibrators the Lovense app.

It’s actually funny that you link that topic. I came across that months ago, I remember really liking your list of custom on/off times you posted that you used. It seemed so devious and perfect, I knew it would be useful in the future so I took a screenshot lol; added it to my Self Bondage album. Unfortunately, since getting the timer I’ve not really had the opportunity to do much other that test it out a little bit, nor have I been in the mood much lately. But I’m sure I’ll get around to a session soon here. Anyway, thanks again!
kinbaku

Post by kinbaku »

Born2BeBound wrote:It’s actually funny that you link that topic. I came across that months ago, I remember really liking your list of custom on/off times you posted that you used. It seemed so devious and perfect, I knew it would be useful in the future so I took a screenshot lol; added it to my Self Bondage album. Unfortunately, since getting the timer I’ve not really had the opportunity to do much other that test it out a little bit, nor have I been in the mood much lately. But I’m sure I’ll get around to a session soon here. Anyway, thanks again!
It's an adaptation of an idea from another BoundAnna member. So don't worry if the number of times you can enter makes a small difference. Ultimately you have to decide for yourself the best times to turn it on and off depending on how strong the vibrator is and what you can handle without having an orgasm too early. :wink:
Bound Whore

Post by Bound Whore »

I use a smart power plug and connect it to Amazon Alexa. In the Alexa App, I set up a routine that turns the plug on and off in varying intervals. Not as elegant as programming an Arduino to do random intervals for x amount of time, but it does the trick.
Life's too short to pretend you're not into some kinky shit.
rmcingle

Post by rmcingle »

I have used this smart plug with good results:
https://www.etekcity.com/products/volts ... i-outlet-1

The App for the phone allows you to create a schedule on a one minute granularity, and if it has a limit as to how many on/off cycles I haven't reached it yet.

Something like this to control your vibrator would be safe enough to rely solely on the smart plug. I mean, what's the worst that can happen? I wouldn't rely on ANY single timer or type of timer if it is your release mechanism. For added safety, you can plug the smart plug into a standard lamp timer that is set for a bit longer time period.

R.Mc.