Anyone Use the BondageWebbing Self-bondage Straitjacket?

This is the place where you can share your thoughts on selfbondage with like minded people.
Amordaza

Anyone Use the BondageWebbing Self-bondage Straitjacket?

Post by Amordaza »

Has anyone used any of the self-bondage straitjackets from Bondage Webbing? If so, what material (spandex? neoprene?) did you use Did you like it?

I'm thinking of gift ideas for myself, and their self-bondage straitjackets came to mind. The version with the additional straps to mimic a posey straitjacket looks especially appealing. I'd like to get feedback on whether they're worth the money or if I'm better off spending my money at the hardware store? :D
Lisahs3

Re: Anyone Use the BondageWebbing Self-bondage Straitjacket?

Post by Lisahs3 »

This sounded really interesting but after looking at the website they say that you can get yourself tied up but they don't mention how you get out. That concerns me.
They do say that any self bondage should only be done with someone else present. So although you can tie yourself up or put the straight jacket on you cannot actually take it off.
Sorry if I misunderstood that by the way.

I liked some of the clothing apparel they have, the hobble skirt I liked. I was hoping they would do a nice classic little black dress style hobble dress but they don't. Maybe I am expecting too much.

Lisa
Shannon SteelSlave

Post by Shannon SteelSlave »

I have seen a video of 2 people who woke up in straight jackets, and at first were like, "Oh, come on!" as if frustrated, but not surprised. They were not able to free each other, and were concerned their captor would return soon. Their frustration also became fear.
Last edited by Shannon SteelSlave on 10 Oct 2022, 15:39, edited 2 times in total.
Bondage is like a foreign film without subtitles. Only through sharing and practice can we hope to understand.
A Jedi uses bondage for knowledge and defense, never for attack.
I am so smart! I am so smart! S-M-R-T!....I, I mean S-M-A-R-T!
👠👠
Gregovic

Post by Gregovic »

Lisahs3 wrote:This sounded really interesting but after looking at the website they say that you can get yourself tied up but they don't mention how you get out. That concerns me.
They do say that any self bondage should only be done with someone else present. So although you can tie yourself up or put the straight jacket on you cannot actually take it off.
Sorry if I misunderstood that by the way.

I liked some of the clothing apparel they have, the hobble skirt I liked. I was hoping they would do a nice classic little black dress style hobble dress but they don't. Maybe I am expecting too much.

Lisa
The way to get out is apparently to hook the tab of the one-way slide over something and tilt it so that it allows the strap to pull through. I have no actual experience with it but it does seem sensitive to jamming and tricky to operate.
How may I serve you? *Curtsey*
Lotharjulz

Post by Lotharjulz »

Last edited by Lotharjulz on 30 Jul 2023, 23:30, edited 1 time in total.
Amordaza

Post by Amordaza »

Thanks everyone for the replies so far.

To answer Lisa's question, yes, somewhere (I forget if it's the BondageWebbing web site or their YouTube channel), they explain that there is a method of releasing oneself: hook the tab on the buckle on to something so that the strap loosens.

They write that it "takes some practice" to learn to get out of the straitjacket. I was hoping that someone here has actually used it and can explain whether that means "it takes 5 or 10 minutes" of practice or "it takes 1 to 3 hours" of practice. The former is really practice while the latter is more like a real escape act. :)

I'm also curious as to how restrictive it will feel. The fabric looks really stretchy, and I'm concerned that it won't feel restrictive enough once I'm in it.
TNTBound

Post by TNTBound »

the neoprene will be a much more restrictive feeling than the spandex will. if its only the straitjacket without the extra straps, it should be easy enough to just lift the loose arm over your head to escape. lifting a 2" cam buckle on your back like they show is trickier than it sounds. if you get the one with the padded bicep straps, it will definitely be difficult to escape from, and from the looks of it, difficult to even get into it by yourself.
For those that get it, no explanation is needed. For those that don't, no explanation is possible.
"Some men just want to watch the world burn" - i can relate to this more and more the older i get!
skswddggse

Post by skswddggse »

I had a bit of a go with the "Self Bondage Straitjacket Leotard with Bondage Straps (Nylon/Spandex)" from BondageWebbing so I can give a few comments on it.

Feeling:
It definitely acts and feels like a straitjacket. The leotard straitjacket itself is comfortable, and depending on how you tighten the straps you'll barely feel them or feel them dig deep. The nylon/spandex version feels closer to clothing than something like canvas. Apparently the neoprene gives the leotard more of a restrictive clothing feel.

Security:
The leotard on its own is not too secure. It has the feeling but depending on your body type you might find it easy to simply slip it down and bring your legs out (i had this problem). With the straps however, it is secure since you can no longer escape in that same way I mentioned. The arm loop can be very tight and restricting which helps increase the feel.

Trickiness:
It's tricky to figure out how to feed the arm strap through the buckle while in the leotard in such a way that it cleanly slides to prevent jamming. With the extra straps it's slightly trickier as your range of arm motion is further limited. However tightening both arm straps is fairly easy. So putting it on is relatively simple. Taking it off is hard. For the leotard on its own, the straitjacket arm buckle sits in the small of your back. Depending on how curved that area is it can be very hard to catch the lip of that buckle to release the tension and pull the other way. With the extra straps the difficulty is increased.
You asked how long it may take for practice. I would argue many minutes for each piece individually, and an hour or more for the combined set. That is, if you want to be able to use it safely and put it on/take it off quickly and easily.

Recommendations:
Definitely follow the recommendations of the site, they're there for a reason, especially regarding sizing and the leotard pull strap. (I got the Medium with measurements slightly above or exactly mine, and it was too small. Also zipping up the leotard is very difficult without the pull strap).

Safety:
This is an elaborate piece of bondage so many things can go wrong, even things you aren't aware of. It goes without saying you must always prioritize your safety and own life over the feeling of bondage. You should have multiple "last resort" ways to get out of the gear in case something goes wrong. Make sure you're able to use them while strapped in (people tend to overestimate what they can do without testing first). And, if you have the option, make sure you can rely on someone else for aid.

Overall:
BondageWebbing's self bondage straitjackets leotards are great and I recommend it, especially with nothing else like it on the market. It's tricky but secure, and has a nice feel to it.

Hope this helped.
Shannon SteelSlave

Post by Shannon SteelSlave »

Aloha from Bound Anna, S and thanx for the review
Bondage is like a foreign film without subtitles. Only through sharing and practice can we hope to understand.
A Jedi uses bondage for knowledge and defense, never for attack.
I am so smart! I am so smart! S-M-R-T!....I, I mean S-M-A-R-T!
👠👠
kinbaku

Post by kinbaku »

Welcome to BoundAnna, skswddggse and thanks for the review.
JIMDINI

Post by JIMDINI »

:hi: Welcome to the forum. Thanks for the revieww.
Never confuse your ambitions with your abilities. If you can't free yourself, who will?
When your helpless, you have no choice but to wait.
Amordaza

Post by Amordaza »

skswddggse wrote: Safety:
This is an elaborate piece of bondage so many things can go wrong, even things you aren't aware of. It goes without saying you must always prioritize your safety and own life over the feeling of bondage. You should have multiple "last resort" ways to get out of the gear in case something goes wrong. Make sure you're able to use them while strapped in (people tend to overestimate what they can do without testing first). And, if you have the option, make sure you can rely on someone else for aid.
Skswddggse, thanks for the detailed information! A quick follow-up question: you mention backup methods of release. What backup methods do you use? The only backup method I can see (without modifying the jacket) would be to cut my way out with scissors or a knife. Would that even work?

The only other backup option I can see is to modify the jacket. For example, I could see adding an ice lock to the buckles so that the sleeves secured in the back eventually release. Other than that, I'm at a loss for backup release methods.
ruru67

Post by ruru67 »

I once had to tear my way out of a denim jacket that I'd managed to zip up, but had got the zip firmly stuck and unable to be brought back down. I did that by hooking it onto a small-ish closet doorknob, and managed to tear the seams (it didn't tear any of the fabric). I repaired it and reinforced all the major seams after that.

It seems to me that the ideal weapon for getting out of that thing if the buckle jammed would be a hook knife mounted to something at a convenient height. Something like this, attached to an L-bracket and screwed to a vertical surface. You'd need to be sure it was well attached, because you'll need to put a fair amount of force on it to cut the fabric.

I'm not a fan of loose knives or scissors - when tied you don't have much control over a thing with a long exposed blade and the amount of damage that can do when (not if) you lose control of it is considerable - I know,, I have the scars. Having your blade pointed away from your body and attached so you only have to control the fabric you're trying to cut is going to be a lot safer. Not perfect (it is a Plan B), but less likely to open an artery...
Sergio

Post by Sergio »

I've head that a good safety method for sleepsacks and vacuum beds which would work just as well for a straitjacket is to hold a retracted 'Stanley' knife in your hand with which you could cut your way out, at the expense of destroying the item of course which would make it very much a last resort.