What to do with worn out belts

This is the place where you can share your thoughts on selfbondage with like minded people.
Shannon SteelSlave

What to do with worn out belts

Post by Shannon SteelSlave »

I don't think I have ever thrown out a belt. Some of my daily wearers have worn out, especially where the belt enters the buckle. I usually re-purpose them as bondage straps. Maybe cut them short, punch new holes to use as cuffs.
Do you have any other ideas? Is there a place that sells the buckle tab that has a loop to accommodate a pad lock?
Bondage is like a foreign film without subtitles. Only through sharing and practice can we hope to understand.
A Jedi uses bondage for knowledge and defense, never for attack.
I am so smart! I am so smart! S-M-R-T!....I, I mean S-M-A-R-T!
👠👠
bound_jenny

Re: What to do with worn out belts

Post by bound_jenny »

Using narrower belts - one can rivet them together and make a head harness, with either a ball gag, a bit gag, penis gag, etc. :gag:

Jenny.
Helplessness is a doorway to the innermost reaches of the soul.
If my corset isn't tight, it just isn't right!
Kink is the spice of life!
Come to the Dark Side - we have cookies!
kinbaku

Post by kinbaku »

Shannon SteelSlave wrote:Is there a place that sells the buckle tab that has a loop to accommodate a pad lock?
https://www.etsy.com/nl/listing/1046121 ... 4-19&col=1 but mostly I lock a normal buckle with a padlock.
hogfan-sub

Post by hogfan-sub »

I like having a couple of old belts in the draw. I find them useful for time limited "quick fix" sessions, especially to strap my upper arms to torso, or bind my ankles. I quite often just put one around my waist before I tie; it's come in handy on more than one occasion to provide an anchor point for some stray, spare length of rope or cord. Also a handy stand-by for a little self-administered correction :whip:
"There is something comforting about being tied up" (Madonna).....Oh how I agree!!

"I've still got the greatest enthusiasm and confidence in the mission." (HAL 9000)
cdinbonds

Post by cdinbonds »

Like these?
https://tandyleather.com/collections/ha ... ing-tongue
May not be wide enough for a belt but work great for narrower straps. I didn't look to see if they have wider ones, but I have seen them somewhere.
Amazon also has some.
They are technically called locking tongue buckles.
There's a fine line between cuddling and holding someone down so they can't get away.
The beatings will continue until morale improves.
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons - for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.
Shannon SteelSlave

Post by Shannon SteelSlave »

cdinbonds wrote: They are technically called locking tongue buckles.
Thank you.
Bondage is like a foreign film without subtitles. Only through sharing and practice can we hope to understand.
A Jedi uses bondage for knowledge and defense, never for attack.
I am so smart! I am so smart! S-M-R-T!....I, I mean S-M-A-R-T!
👠👠
Lisahs3

Post by Lisahs3 »

This is a really good idea and it's also very green minded for the planet, recycling.
I use belts for this too. I have an old leather belt for jeans I think it might even be a man size one because its really long and thicker leather than most of my other belts.
I can wrap it around my ankles and its perfect, really comfortable and impossible to squirm my way out of.

Lisa
kinbaku

Post by kinbaku »

I once bought fabric belts in advertising that closed like this:
Belt_D_rings.jpg
Belt_D_rings.jpg (9.94 KiB) Viewed 1173 times
They have the advantage that you can use them for any size (wrists, ankles, arms, legs, ...) and if you are handy, you can make them yourself using 2 D-rings.
bound_jenny

Post by bound_jenny »

kinbaku wrote:I once bought fabric belts in advertising that closed like this:
Belt_D_rings.jpg
They have the advantage that you can use them for any size (wrists, ankles, arms, legs, ...) and if you are handy, you can make them yourself using 2 D-rings.
:idea: That's the basic concept of the "ring device": https://www.boundanna.com/html/en_tech_ringdevice.html

Cool! 8)

Jenny.
Helplessness is a doorway to the innermost reaches of the soul.
If my corset isn't tight, it just isn't right!
Kink is the spice of life!
Come to the Dark Side - we have cookies!
Blacky

Post by Blacky »

bound_jenny wrote:
kinbaku wrote:I once bought fabric belts in advertising that closed like this:
Belt_D_rings.jpg
:idea: That's the basic concept of the "ring device": https://www.boundanna.com/html/en_tech_ringdevice.html

Cool! 8)

Jenny.

It is, yes. It probably even works a bit better than the rope based ring device, because the belt has more surface area that will be pinched between the rings.

The rings, by the way, can be made of two separate chain links as well. These are substantially cheaper than D-rings, or at least that's my experience. Again, they can probably withstand larger force, but on the other hand will probably let the belt slip a bit easier, due to their larger wire diameter compared to the D-rings.

If you use that kind of closing mechanism please be aware that there's nothing that prevents it from overtightening! Thus make sure that there's nothing pulling on the lose end of the belt once the belt-loop is closed.
Also, it can be fairly problematic to open it, if there's too much tension on the belt, as that tension is what keeps the rings pulled together, thereby pinching the belt.
As long as all of that's taken into consideration, that kind of belt is a fairly nice option for everyday items that can well be used for our purposes whilst still being absolutely hidden in plain sight. It's a belt, after all! :!: :love: :hi:
If the doors of perception were cleansed everything would appear to man as it is, infinite. (W. Blake)
kinbaku

Post by kinbaku »

Blacky wrote:If you use that kind of closing mechanism please be aware that there's nothing that prevents it from overtightening! Thus make sure that there's nothing pulling on the lose end of the belt once the belt-loop is closed.
Also, it can be fairly problematic to open it, if there's too much tension on the belt, as that tension is what keeps the rings pulled together, thereby pinching the belt.
As long as all of that's taken into consideration, that kind of belt is a fairly nice option for everyday items that can well be used for our purposes whilst still being absolutely hidden in plain sight. It's a belt, after all! :!: :love: :hi:
Very important note from Blacky. :wink:
To prevent that, I sometimes use a ziptie or a prusik loop with which I cinch the loose belt.
The ziptie is easy to cut with safety scissors and once that is done there is no more pressure on the belt making it easy to release.

So be careful if you use the belt around your wrists without a zip tie or something similar. It's easy to over-tighten the leash, making escape impossible without the help of your teeth or another person. Practice on your ankles first so that you learn to use the correct tension. Just tight enough to hold your 2 objects firmly together without overdoing it and making it difficult to release.

For me it just depends on how much time I want to use for this quick bondage, whether I use the prusik loop or not. And mostly only for tie my legs and ankles. :roll:
KinkInSpace

Post by KinkInSpace »

Here's a great idea for a worn out belt.

Just as the belt is normally, close the loop so you have a large O ring. You will have to use trial and error to find the perfect size though, but after reading the rest of the post, that should be easy.

Now, lay down on your bed and lay on top of the belt with your entire body. Lift your pelvis in the air and now pull your arms through the belt and push your arms to the sides to put tension on the belt. Now lower your pelvis back onto the belt and you will trap your arms to the side for a very strict self-bondage session.

As long as you keep your weight on the belt, your arms are very secure next to your body. If you use more belts, you can also place one higher up your arms. Getting in and out is very easy, but once in, it feels very sturdy.
Formally known as Slave_L.
I'm not yet very comfortable expressing my love for kink from my private life. I will therefor hide behind my username KinkInSpace and not allow any connections to who I really am. I'm sure you'll understand.