Change of clothing.

Crossdressing as a part of or type of selfbondage.
Hannah_G

Re: Change of clothing.

Post by Hannah_G »

I've tried all sorts of different attire! In Scotland a plain kilt worn without any of the Highland dress will get nothing but positive attention. Wearing a skirt as a guy will mostly go unnoticed unless you really try to garner attention, but the attention usually is of puzzlement and avoidance of gaze! Full femme, as long as you are dressed appropriately for the circumstance (even if you don't pass) gets no reaction at all. I've found it's all really got to do with how you own a look, and confidence is always the key factor. Being relaxed always works.

I too wish we could choose whatever we want to wear, but having been around fashion freedom boards for the best part of two decades there's no progress at all :cry:
bounddosster

Post by bounddosster »

Time for a fashion reveloution. Flood the media with trendy male celebrities wearing skirts and it would soon happen, people just love a trend to follow. Personally I'm anti-trend never followed one in my life so I still won't be able to wear a skirt.
I could see it being acceptable to some degree in the urban areas but not in rural areas like where I live. A neighbours child is female to male transgender and had to move away to transition to an urban area solely on the grounds of feeling accepted.
That's my excuse and I'm sticking to it.
Hannah_G

Post by Hannah_G »

bounddosster wrote: Flood the media with trendy male celebrities wearing skirts and it would soon happen, people just love a trend to follow. Personally I'm anti-trend never followed one in my life so I still won't be able to wear a skirt.
I think this is what nearly everyone in the Skirts For Men groups seem to reckon will happen and then it'll be accepted. This has been the mindset for as long as I can remember. Everytime there's a model on a catwalk, or celeb on a red carpet in a skirt there's a belief that soon it'll be everywhere!! I doubt it'll ever become a trend so you're probably good to pull on that midi and get out there! :wink:

(As an athlete, I to my disappointment I don't have the legs for miniskirts. I'd be clocked immediately :lol: )
bounddosster

Post by bounddosster »

Andy_G wrote:
bounddosster wrote: Flood the media with trendy male celebrities wearing skirts and it would soon happen, people just love a trend to follow. Personally I'm anti-trend never followed one in my life so I still won't be able to wear a skirt.
I think this is what nearly everyone in the Skirts For Men groups seem to reckon will happen and then it'll be accepted. This has been the mindset for as long as I can remember. Everytime there's a model on a catwalk, or celeb on a red carpet in a skirt there's a belief that soon it'll be everywhere!! I doubt it'll ever become a trend so you're probably good to pull on that midi and get out there! :wink:

(As an athlete, I to my disappointment I don't have the legs for miniskirts. I'd be clocked immediately :lol: )
As my legs are currently full-on hairy because I haven't been bothered to keep them shaved I too think I will be clocked.
Lisa2024

Post by Lisa2024 »

I actually do have the right legs for mini skirts, though I do not exactly know why. But I know that people realised that even in the sommer. Good for crossdressing but might look a bit strange on a man ;) And I usually do not wear skirts in public...
bounddosster

Post by bounddosster »

Lisa2024 wrote:I actually do have the right legs for mini skirts, though I do not exactly know why. But I know that people realised that even in the sommer. Good for crossdressing but might look a bit strange on a man ;) And I usually do not wear skirts in public...
Yes, you do have great legs, I'm so jealous.
Lisa2024

Post by Lisa2024 »

bounddosster wrote:Yes, you do have great legs, I'm so jealous.
Thanks. But I guess it depends. I love them for crossdressing and stuff but people do notice they do not look like man legs so much. So I do not show them often ;)
Onixpected

Post by Onixpected »

restricted wrote:With more women wearing trousers or jeans these days and clothes designers trying out skirts to men, it may come about that they would be the norm for men. (healthier obviously)
I guess that the fashion just comes and goes over time. Everyone remembers that heels started to be used by men and tights and other pantyhose were inspired by men's clothing in the 15th century. Now they are part of women's clothing. For sure that woman have adopted something from us men too, like sporty or casual looks. What changed things over time was specific clothes starting to be popularized worn by certain genders. Probably things are slowly starting to change again. People love to follow trends and follow the masses. We crossdressers just got unlucky to be born in the era where some clothes are switched up at this time.
restricted wrote: it may come about that they would be the norm for men (healthier obviously) I wonder if it would have the same attraction to cross dress if it was normal for men to wear skirts and dresses,
Regarding this, I'm not sure that will affect the attraction to crossdressing. Talking about my perspective, I'm a sucker for woman's lingerie, pantyhose and high heels. And the reason I do crossdress and like to wear them is not because these are clothes designed nowadays to be worn by woman. I find them comfortable, attractive, erotic and sexy. I like physically how it feels wearing them and I like to see myself wearing them. If those clothes start to be worn normally for men, will I still feel great about using them? Absolutely. It's all about how we feel and not much if it is part of or against our theoretical "gender mandatory wardrobe".
That I wish, that it was normal for men to wear this, or dresses or skirts. Men with tights, woman with trousers, why not? Everyone should dress as they like, whether wearing what they feel comfortable with, or have a fetish, or just wants to be causal, or wants to dress to nail the night or just because yes. But this nowadays society gives me mixed feelings: on the one hand, there is so much talk about inclusion and having an open mind, but on the other hand if you go anywhere being different you end up catching the eyes and the criticizing looks and opinions :roll: . The society still has a lot to be confronted with and to learn, and seems not ready for so many things. A mass fashion revolution would probably do the trick regarding the clothing aspect, and like you said, women are wearing trousers or jeans these days and clothes designers are trying out skirts to men. So, probably it is slowly but surely happening. In the meantime, while that doesn't happen, I'll keep incorporating crossdressing on my selfbondage or going to the supermarket using my stockings under my jeans: nobody sees, nobody knows, it's double the fun.
"Self-bondage is my way to relax."
"Bondage is about freeing your mind to experience something greater." :gag:
"There are 10 types of people in this world. Those who understand binary numeric system, and those who don't."
Hannah_G

Post by Hannah_G »

Lisa2024 wrote:
Thanks. But I guess it depends. I love them for crossdressing and stuff but people do notice they do not look like man legs so much. So I do not show them often ;)
If I had your legs and figure, I'd be flaunting it at every opportunity!!
Lisa2024

Post by Lisa2024 »

Andy_G wrote:
Lisa2024 wrote:
If I had your legs and figure, I'd be flaunting it at every opportunity!!
Maybe I should show them more often ;) I actually do a lot of cycling (and thats the prime reason why I shave my legs).

But as I said, usually I do not go out as a woman (well I did on very rare occassions, perhaps I will write that down in another thread ;))
Hannah_G

Post by Hannah_G »

Lisa2024 wrote: But as I said, usually I do not go out as a woman (well I did on very rare occassions, perhaps I will write that down in another thread ;))
Yes please!! I'd love to hear how that went :)
Lisa2024

Post by Lisa2024 »

Andy_G wrote:
Lisa2024 wrote: But as I said, usually I do not go out as a woman (well I did on very rare occassions, perhaps I will write that down in another thread ;))
Yes please!! I'd love to hear how that went :)
Ok, i write down here one of my stories.

I was at a hotel in a city far away, so no one could recognize me and I decided to go out as a woman, dress up and put make up on. I wanted to do it at night and visit a nightclub (that was just before corona ;)). So i put myself in a pretty sexy outfit and I was kind of excited how people would react.

I tried to look as perfect as I can and after tripple checking in the mirror I thought my passing should be really good. Then I just got out, but my heart was beating fast. No one said anything in the hotel, and the nightclub was only around 500 meters away, so I just walked over there.

I don't know if people realised that I am a man, but no one said anything in that direction and in the dark or with the light in a nightclub its also more difficult to make out.

But in the nightclub it got strange in parts. There were two boys who tried to flirt and dance with me. That was kind of fun in the beginning but when I had enough i moved to the other part of the nightclub and they kind of followed me around and they got really pushy (I guess thats why girls usually do not go alone to nightclubs). It was really hard to shake them off, even when I made it clear, that I was not interested.

And I had the feeling at least two man tried to touch my tits (just with their arm etc) and try to hide it as an accident, but that could just be my imagination (do men do such a thing???).

And hey, even one man offered to buy me a drink (but i declined ;)).

So it was fun most of the time, but also a little bit stressful. Well I know it would be completely different, when you do this for things like shopping, because at the nightclub many people were in flirty mood. When I was going home I double checked no one was following me and it actually felt uncomfortable walking to the hotel alone at night. Little bit crazy, I would never have had that thought if I were dressed like a man.

Interesting about it is, that I feel I can now understand better how girls feel who go to nightclubs (especially if they go to a nightclub on their own).
Onixpected

Post by Onixpected »

That was an interesting report from an interesting night for sure :D
Lisa2024 wrote: But in the nightclub it got strange in parts. There were two boys who tried to flirt and dance with me. That was kind of fun in the beginning but when I had enough i moved to the other part of the nightclub and they kind of followed me around and they got really pushy (I guess thats why girls usually do not go alone to nightclubs). It was really hard to shake them off, even when I made it clear, that I was not interested.

And I had the feeling at least two man tried to touch my tits (just with their arm etc) and try to hide it as an accident, but that could just be my imagination (do men do such a thing???).
You just take off one of your heels and yeet it at their heads next time that someone gets pushy or tries to touch you :rofl:
"Self-bondage is my way to relax."
"Bondage is about freeing your mind to experience something greater." :gag:
"There are 10 types of people in this world. Those who understand binary numeric system, and those who don't."
Shannon SteelSlave

Post by Shannon SteelSlave »

Better carry some extra shoes then, from the sound of your troubles. Stock up on ammunition. And have a pair to walk home with. (They don't have to match at this survival point). Or maybe carry the ammunition in a purse, and keep your walkers locked. :wink:
Be careful following this advice. If your shoes are anything like mine, you may accidentally be using deadly force. Not even to mention my steel heels here.
Bondage is like a foreign film without subtitles. Only through sharing and practice can we hope to understand.
A Jedi uses bondage for knowledge and defense, never for attack.
I am so smart! I am so smart! S-M-R-T!....I, I mean S-M-A-R-T!
👠👠
Lisa2024

Post by Lisa2024 »

Haha, it wasn't that bad, I did not had to defend myself ;) But just in case, my shoes are ready to put up a fight :whip:

But it was really completely different than being in a nightclub as a man. And well, it was a nightclub where most of the people were drunk, so you cannot compare it to a shopping trip at the mall. People will be completely different there.