GPS Hidden key

This is the place where you can share your thoughts on selfbondage with like minded people.
BoundPete

GPS Hidden key

Post by BoundPete »

I'm hatching a scenario for the summer. Something along the lines of hiding a key outside, but taking its GPS location. The actual scenario would then be some months later with only a GPS location(hopefully would have forgotten exact position). My only problem is how to hide a key so that it remains undiscovered in a park or wooded area for two to three months, but retrievable whislt wearing cuffs or similar.

Any ideas?
curious_sb
Retired Moderator

Post by curious_sb »

Lets just hope that GPS location doesnt make its way to the internet.... :twisted: I might be waiting for you......
Curious_SB
Retired Forum Moderator
countdown321

Post by countdown321 »

There is a sport called geocaching (www.geocaching.com) we have plasic and metal boxes hidden in woods for years without being discoverd by accident.

To hide a key I would suggest putting it in one of those 35mm film containers and hiding it under a rock or tree roots in the woodland. And then taking a couple of GPS readings (to ensure accuracy).
Ment2dothat

Post by Ment2dothat »

I agree with Countdown321. I was going to mention the Geocaching.

Just make sure where you put it isn't going to be a park where they will have a "public awareness cleanup" day and end up having a good sameritan throwing out your release.

One question I have is how are you thinking of locating your release again if you are bound?
My first thoughts were of having the voice command on on the GPS and setting up some waypoints. "Hobble 300 meters south, then turn left" kind of thing.

Let us know how this goes when you do it.
Ment
BoundPete

Post by BoundPete »

Thanks for the geocaching link exactly the sort of thing i had in mind. The whole concept is realy a twist on the long walk scenario. So rather than grabbing the key and off you go, you are forced to be in one place for a while trying to remember where you hid that key some months ago. I was realy worried about hiding the key, but after reading the geocaching site, I can now think about the other aaspects.

Of course once i have worked everything out I'll post the whole scenario,

Thanks all for your help
Mutley

Post by Mutley »

If it were me id bury it about a foot down attatched to a line that wont rot on the other end of the line is a white plastic bag or part of a bag.
bury this also but much shallower say a couple of inches or so make sure the key cannot become dettatched from the line and the bag cannot become dettatched either.

for safety bury a backup key within the vicinity just in case a dog or similar digs it up .

If you want to make it easier to find the exact spot you buried the key then plant a potted plant directly on top of the keys location.

Digging with either your feet or your cuffed hands wont be easy but you did say you wanted to be there for a bit of time.
Who dares wins