Corona

Anything that does not fit any of the other categories.
kinbaku

Re: Corona

Post by kinbaku »

More than 4,000,000 deaths today. :cry:
OrgasmAlley

Post by OrgasmAlley »

Obviously, different countries continue to have different states of the COVID.

In the US overall, we're at a daily death rate with COVID last seen in the very first upward curve in March... <200 deaths per day. Note, as always, that's "died with" not "died from", a counting premise that continues to overstate people who have actually died because there is COVID. The US has been well below an R0 = 1 for months. An increasing percentage of COVID cases and deaths here can be tied to the border crisis we've seen since the 2021 policies were put in place. The Administration has something like 20k illegal aliens detained near the border in overloaded facilities, with nearly 8k testing positive and no vaccination requirement. They continue to ship illegals across the US, generally without notice or permission of the states into which they're being dumped.

In Europe, Cyprus, Portugal, and Spain are seeing massive outbreaks in case rate. Romania currently has an insane death rate compared to the rest of the EU. I haven't looked up why these things are, and don't know.

Research is finally being released confirming that mask wearing is actively harmful for young children, with the combination of dead air space in the mask and small lung volume resulting in an increase of inhaled C02 to over six times higher than the unsafe threshold... within 3 minutes.

And at least we can finally talk about the fact that this virus was almost certainly developed in the Wuhan lab... even if the countries of the world are too scared of China, or to deeply in their pocket, to do anything about it.
bound_jenny

Post by bound_jenny »

As of yesterday morning, I've had my second dose of COVID vaccine.

So on July 23rd, Vax2 + 14 days, I will be completely immunized. Woohoo! :D

I will burn a mask! :twisted:

Jenny.
Helplessness is a doorway to the innermost reaches of the soul.
If my corset isn't tight, it just isn't right!
Kink is the spice of life!
Come to the Dark Side - we have cookies!
Shannon SteelSlave

Post by Shannon SteelSlave »

download.jpg
download.jpg (6.52 KiB) Viewed 1495 times
Bondage is like a foreign film without subtitles. Only through sharing and practice can we hope to understand.
A Jedi uses bondage for knowledge and defense, never for attack.
I am so smart! I am so smart! S-M-R-T!....I, I mean S-M-A-R-T!
👠👠
bound_jenny

Post by bound_jenny »

Shannon SteelSlave wrote:
download.jpg
Hmmm.... combining the useful to the enjoyable!

Jenny.
Shannon SteelSlave

Can't seem to pull up the Johns Hopkins stats today. (It's not just where Dr. Hibbert studied medicine)
download.jpg
download.jpg (9.83 KiB) Viewed 1379 times
Is your location headed back to masking, distancing, lock down?
Bondage is like a foreign film without subtitles. Only through sharing and practice can we hope to understand.
👠👠
bound_jenny

Post by bound_jenny »

Shannon SteelSlave wrote:Is your location headed back to masking, distancing, lock down?
Masks are still required in indoor public spaces (malls, stores, etc.).

Distancing is encouraged but I haven't seen many actually do it when in groups or other situations.

Lockdowns are unlikely. We're past the 60% vaccination mark (progressing fast) and it would be very counter-productive (and political suicide) if lockdowns are reinstated. Most likely they will be local lockdowns if any.

But the day after tomorrow I will be officially immunized against Corona. If a virus with spiky hair has any plans on scaring me, they have another thing coming. :whip:

Jenny.
lj

Post by lj »

Here in the UK, our highly intelligent government (with almost no science graduates in it) have given us "Freedom Day", removing the legal need to distance, wear masks etc. They have, however, passed the responsibility to businesses and civic authorities, by advising that they should apply whatever rules they wish, in other words passing the buck because they don't want to be seen as further restricting our lives. Of course, the "jobs-worths" are gleefully doing so.

And with the government's grasp of technology, we have the "Covid App" which, whilst not a legal requirement, "pings" anyone who has been located within BlueTooth range of a possibly infected person for some unidentified period, and on receipt of a "ping" you are supposed to self-isolate for ten days. We now have many hundreds of thousands of people self-isolating, and our supply chains are failing as deliveries are held up, fresh foods are being scrapped as they rot, fuel shortages and of course the health service is running out of medical staff.

The app can "ping" you if you are on the other side of a wall from the (possibly) infected person, whilst the actual positive tests for "pinged" people is extremely low. Fortunately people are starting to delete the app, but already we are seeing the start of panic-buying, empty shelves and fuel pumps empty. Hilariously, the government is looking at exempting supermarket workers and truck drivers as "essential workers", possibly medical staff, but not the vast majority of the population who can watch as we grind to a halt once again, despite almost all vulnerable people, those over 40, and many over 30, having been vaccinated.

Incidentally I read an interesting article written by an Engineer, who likened the effectiveness of wearing a mask to prevent the wearer being infected by airborne virus. He pointed out that the relative size of the aerosol likely to carry the virus, compared to the mask structure, was like firing an airgun at a building with scaffolding set up in front, and expecting the pellet to always be stopped by the scaffolding poles. This does not apply to what the wearer breathes out, as the droplet size is much larger, so if you have Covid, wear a mask.
be a switch, double the fun :-)
bounddosster

Post by bounddosster »

bound_jenny wrote:As of yesterday morning, I've had my second dose of COVID vaccine.

So on July 23rd, Vax2 + 14 days, I will be completely immunized. Woohoo! :D

I will burn a mask! :twisted:

Jenny.
I wouldn't just yet, people in the UK that have had two jabs are still catching covid, some are dying, it still very much seems like a lottery if you get it how it will affect you.
That's my excuse and I'm sticking to it.
Lisahs3

Post by Lisahs3 »

I have been double jabbed too but I am sticking to social distancing and mask wearing.
Its so easy to do and it helps to protect people and yourself. The UK infection rate is going up and its really frighting me. I am going to work from home for as long as I can.

Lisa
bounddosster

Post by bounddosster »

Lisahs3 wrote:I have been double jabbed too but I am sticking to social distancing and mask wearing.
Its so easy to do and it helps to protect people and yourself. The UK infection rate is going up and its really frighting me. I am going to work from home for as long as I can.

Lisa
Yeah! too quick too soon. After all, we've been through in the UK the govt is going to balls it right up.
That's my excuse and I'm sticking to it.
OrgasmAlley

Post by OrgasmAlley »

I presume Texas won't do the ridiculous lockdown thing again. Unlikely to see another mask mandate as well... there is no legit science to support mask wearing surgical and cloth masks under nearly any conditions, anyway. Thankfully, the governor has put a lid on ;local (city and county) level mandates for masking.

It's certainly true that vaccinated people have always caught the COVID and died from it, to some degree (hence effectiveness of <100%). The open question about the prophylactic effect of the vaccines against variants remains just that... but it is inevitable that the two most vaccinated countries in the world -- Israel and the UK -- will see an increasing percentage of confirmed cases and hospitalizations be among vaccinated parties. AT a vaccinated rate of 100%, 100% of hospitalizations would be of the vaccinated. Deaths, to my knowledge, remain contextually very low in both countries.

It is becoming more annoying to me the way the powers that be refuse to acknowledge natural immunity in most of the communiques. It's all about how many people are vaccinated, but should be all about how many people are immunized. Some 100 million people in the US developed natural immunity by having and recovering from the COVID... immunity most studies conclude is superior to any of the vaccines. These people should not, by most research, put a vaccine on top of their natural immunity. Much of the public face of the COVID seems intended to generate and maintain fear in the population.
Lisahs3

Post by Lisahs3 »

bounddosster wrote:
Lisahs3 wrote:I have been double jabbed too but I am sticking to social distancing and mask wearing.

Lisa
Yeah! too quick too soon. After all, we've been through in the UK the govt is going to balls it right up.
Sadly I have to agree its far too soon.
In all honesty I don't actually want to go back to my office to work after all this. I have been working from home since it all started and have been able to do my job and I actually feel happier than I ever did in the office.
I use to spend two hours or more going to work and back each day, Now in the Summer I can just stop working at 5pm and go out and sit in my garden and relax with a nice cup of tea or something stronger. I can spend time looking at my lovely flowers and plants and I love walking bare foot in the grass its nice. Also there is the cost because its sooo expensive driving these days and I have other things I want to spend that money on. I miss going to my gym and meeting friends for drinks or going on a hot date but I am so much happier at home. So when its over I would like to carry on working from home and then have the rest of my life back but somehow better than it was before? I think just going back to how it all was before would be sad because we have the chance to make real changes in our lives, we should not waste that.

Lisa
lj

Post by lj »

I do wish people would stop expecting Covid to be over - it never will be! It has taken about 76 years for polio to ALMOST be erradicated ( just two countries, a handful of cases each year).

Covid will become the same as influenza, most people will catch it in their lifetime, most people will survive it,a few of the infirm or compromised may die. Even if the entire world population was vaccinated, it would still survive. The common cold virus kills a few people every year. The best solution for a virus is to be highly infectious but leave the host almost untouched by symptoms - evolution via mutations does this very effectively.

The point is that vaccination stops almost everyone dying from covid. Dying from all the un-diagnosed, untreated diseases is much more likely, to say nothing of the mental health issues, even before we consider the wrecking of the economy. For those happy to work-from-home, how will you eat, drink, heat your home and all the other things you need to live, if all the workers who can't work from home decide they are going to stay at home too? It's a bit tricky working from home if you are a truck driver!
be a switch, double the fun :-)
Shannon SteelSlave

I have to admit, I breathed a sigh of relief when I read that Greg, Lisa, Riddle, Kinbaku, Jenny, and OrgasmAlley and Dosster (and if I missed anyone else) are all safe. That's all folks. Don't want to say anymore. Nope not one word.
👠👠