Problems with the activation email.

News and announcements will be posted here.
anna
Site Admin

Problems with the activation email.

Post by anna »

The last weeks I have received several emails telling me that people have joined the forum but never received their activation email. It appears as some of the major (perhaps all**) free email account providers have started to block the emails from this forum. This is done even if you turn of the spam prevention on your email account.

If you have joined and not received your activation email, please contact me by sending an email with your username and the email address you used when signing up. I will activate you manually.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Anna
Forum administrator.

**So far this problem have been confirmed to exist with these email providers:
AOL.com
Hotmail.com
Yahoo.com
jake

Post by jake »

Hotmail are really bringing the hammer down on their junk filter.

To the extent that some sites will just completely dissapate, and not even appear in your junk mailbox.
Mc_ntk

Post by Mc_ntk »

xatm092 wrote:Hotmail are really bringing the hammer down on their junk filter.

To the extent that some sites will just completely dissapate, and not even appear in your junk mailbox.
For me my inbox is full of spam and junk and my junk box is full of the email from friends and family and other stuff I want. XD
the_toymaker991

Post by the_toymaker991 »

My yahoo account put the activation email and 3 topic notifiers in spam, all I had to do was check "not spam".
Amy_Tenchi

Post by Amy_Tenchi »

I personally use AOL, there is a way around it. AOL rarely 'deletes' spam mail right off the bat, so check in the spam box. I haven't had any problems getting email from the forum (activation, pm notices, etc) And usually, only large-filed emails get blocked, because the larger the email file, the more likely it is to have a virus embedded.
-Missing In Action-
--May or May Not Return--
Dark_Lizerd

Post by Dark_Lizerd »

set-up 2 e-mail accounts...
1 for the mail you want, and 1 for spam...
IE: "to enter my site, you must use use an e-mail address...."
If it pick-up spam, no problem, just keep "delete all..."
works for me...
All advice is checked, re-checked and verified to be questionable...
Don't ask, we both wont understand the answer...
http://www.mediafire.com/download/09dtr ... e_V2_2.exe Not just for nubies any more...
bound_jenny

Post by bound_jenny »

the_toymaker991 wrote:My yahoo account put the activation email and 3 topic notifiers in spam, all I had to do was check "not spam".
Ditto. Yahoo is, so far and in my experience, the least annoying of the lot. As soon as I find an e-mail in the spam box that is not supposed to be there, I hit "not spam" and from that point on, it gets delivered to my inbox.

I just have to remember to not empty my spam bin before I check it for messages I want to keep.

Jenny.
Helplessness is a doorway to the innermost reaches of the soul.
If my corset isn't tight, it just isn't right!
Kink is the spice of life!
Come to the Dark Side - we have cookies!
Hugh Mannity

Post by Hugh Mannity »

Googlemail, my main email provider, does exactly the same. If you go to your spam folder and click not spam button, it moves the email to my inbox.

Have never used yahoo to compare though, I have used hotmail for years and its spam filters are definitely too good for what their designed for.

Has anybody actually paid for hotmail?.. is this just the case for the free accounts?